[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if titanium restored 110 things theres a good chance some of it may have been system apps and or data from PE, which would most likely cause issues.. if you are certain that is not the case, then disregard this post...

EFGantry

Reaction score
i'm certain that's not the issue. i never install the system apps - just the user apps. thanks for trying, tho...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Not trying to point you out or say its you or anything like that, but I'm confident it's something with the data you restored or installed or maybe a fluke with the install, and I say that because Build 11 has been out for a few weeks and these are the first reports of WiFi issues I have seen and I know for a fact it is working on mine, because since I got the D3 my D1 has been on WiFi and it hasn't thrown errors. So that is good news for you because that just means it was either the install or something you restored which is all easy to fix, unlike having an issue in the ROM itself and not knowing the cause.. :)

First I'd like to say that since your coming from PE 6.5 I personally wouldn't restore any data, I know everyone loves to but in all honesty I don't ever bother, but it is your choice, But since PE 6.5 is a Gingerbread ROM, and this is a Froyo ROM, it's probably not a good idea to mix the two.

So that is more than likely your app issue, as far as WiFi that may be app/install and/or left over parts of GB

So now onto my recommendation, and if you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll be around for awhile as I work heavily on fixing some things in Build 12 and adding a few new things, like say... INIT.D support!

> Download a fresh copy of the ROM, and Google Apps, and anything else you may want to install
> Reboot into recovery and mount your Droid to the computer from recovery then remove the old ROM zip and all the other zips from the ROM.
> Copy the new downloads onto the SD Card
> Now to delete a few things that may be the cause. Find the following folders/files and delete them:
>>>>> .android_secure
>>>>> android
>>>>> OPEN THE FOLDER 'DCIM' and DELETE '100ANDRO' AND '.thumbnails'
> unmount from your computer and reboot the phone into recovery again, not connected to the computer
> Go into the partitions menu and wipe 'boot' 'cache' 'data' 'system' then wipe them each 1 more time
> return to the main menu and wipe data/cache
> Install the ROM, then Google apps
> return to the main menu and wipe data/cache again
> reboot your phone fully and do the initial setup and let it sync
> after that is done return to recovery and change your kernel or install other zips that i have posted.

*If you installed a zip file that I/the DC team hasn't posted that may cause your issue because it wasn't made for DC so it isn't guaranteed to work, although 99.9% of the time it is perfectly ok to do so.

i'm starting to think this rom doesn't like me, personally... :icon_eek: i flashed a couple of other kernels, and wifi still won't work. any suggestions?

also, i tried to use TiBu to restore my apps (coming from PE 6.5). it says that it completed the "batch restore" of 110 apps+data, but then none of them show up in my app drawer. what could be causing that??

sorry to be such a troublemaker! :)

schellbl

Reaction score
Woodyman -
I love your ROMs but I have to admit that this last release has been using more battery than previous releases. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Brian

DavidM.

Reaction score
Woodyman -
I love your ROMs but I have to admit that this last release has been using more battery than previous releases. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Brian

Well DC 11 was my first DC but I've not had battery issues (Unless I'm playing Robo Defense).

woodyman - did you get the PM I sent? It was a couple days ago (sent it from my Droid using DF so I never really know if it works).

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
thanks for the feedback, i'll check it out see if i can find a memory leak i may have put in or something, what specifically is the cause? if you can tell, meaning display, cell standby, etc.

settings>about>battery use

[although im fairly sure you know this by now.. :icon_eek: ]

Woodyman -

Thanks,
Brian

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol yes, i was actually just got done replying, then i came back and saw your message, good job checking up on me, i do get behind sometimes as you'll see in my message.

as far as battery its hard for me to test how well things are now battery wise because i still my D1 daily the battery lasts a lot longer because its in airplane mode with wifi on.

Woodyman -

Thanks,
Brian

Well DC 11 was my first DC but I've not had battery issues (Unless I'm playing Robo Defense).

woodyman - did you get the PM I sent? It was a couple days ago (sent it from my Droid using DF so I never really know if it works).

EFGantry

Reaction score
Not trying to point you out or say its you or anything like that, but I'm confident it's something with the data you restored or installed or maybe a fluke with the install, and I say that because Build 11 has been out for a few weeks and these are the first reports of WiFi issues I have seen and I know for a fact it is working on mine, because since I got the D3 my D1 has been on WiFi and it hasn't thrown errors. So that is good news for you because that just means it was either the install or something you restored which is all easy to fix, unlike having an issue in the ROM itself and not knowing the cause.. :)

First I'd like to say that since your coming from PE 6.5 I personally wouldn't restore any data, I know everyone loves to but in all honesty I don't ever bother, but it is your choice, But since PE 6.5 is a Gingerbread ROM, and this is a Froyo ROM, it's probably not a good idea to mix the two.

So that is more than likely your app issue, as far as WiFi that may be app/install and/or left over parts of GB

So now onto my recommendation, and if you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll be around for awhile as I work heavily on fixing some things in Build 12 and adding a few new things, like say... INIT.D support!

> Download a fresh copy of the ROM, and Google Apps, and anything else you may want to install
> Reboot into recovery and mount your Droid to the computer from recovery then remove the old ROM zip and all the other zips from the ROM.
> Copy the new downloads onto the SD Card
> Now to delete a few things that may be the cause. Find the following folders/files and delete them:
>>>>> .android_secure
>>>>> android
>>>>> OPEN THE FOLDER 'DCIM' and DELETE '100ANDRO' AND '.thumbnails'
> unmount from your computer and reboot the phone into recovery again, not connected to the computer
> Go into the partitions menu and wipe 'boot' 'cache' 'data' 'system' then wipe them each 1 more time
> return to the main menu and wipe data/cache
> Install the ROM, then Google apps
> return to the main menu and wipe data/cache again
> reboot your phone fully and do the initial setup and let it sync
> after that is done return to recovery and change your kernel or install other zips that i have posted.

*If you installed a zip file that I/the DC team hasn't posted that may cause your issue because it wasn't made for DC so it isn't guaranteed to work, although 99.9% of the time it is perfectly ok to do so.

i'm starting to think this rom doesn't like me, personally... :icon_eek: i flashed a couple of other kernels, and wifi still won't work. any suggestions?

also, i tried to use TiBu to restore my apps (coming from PE 6.5). it says that it completed the "batch restore" of 110 apps+data, but then none of them show up in my app drawer. what could be causing that??

sorry to be such a troublemaker! :)

thanks for the response! i know it may seem like it, but i'm not a total noob - i've been flashing roms for over a year, and have beta tested several roms. (i only say that so you don't have to waste your time explaining how to dl and install a rom... :))

i had thought of the data issue, so i tried just restoring apps only, as well; but didn't work. then, i tried to just re-dl from the mkt, but got an install error. i thought it might have something to do with the busybox version, but that didn't work either. i thought of the corrupt dl issue, but no love.

i did not think of the android.secure et al. issues, so i will try that now - thanks for the tip!

trust me, i was not in any way implying that it had anything to do with the rom - especially given the glowing reviews in this thread. i know that most often it has to do with the phone or the user. in fact, this is a refurbished replacement phone that i got from Asurion - there may be some issues with it. i've considered sbf'ing back and re-rooting, anyway, but just haven't had the time.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Its alright man, yeah I wasn't sure how experienced you were so i threw it all in to be safe, better safe than leave something out and risk a mistake.

why just apps didn't work i wish i had a reason, personally i don't use TiBu for anything I let Google handle my sync and i manually setup all my data but i understand how important it is to some, so as far as issues with that I can't say much because I don't use the app.

thanks for the response! i know it may seem like it, but i'm not a total noob - i've been flashing roms for over a year, and have beta tested several roms. (i only say that so you don't have to waste your time explaining how to dl and install a rom... :))

i had thought of the data issue, so i tried just restoring apps only, as well; but didn't work. then, i tried to just re-dl from the mkt, but got an install error. i thought it might have something to do with the busybox version, but that didn't work either. i thought of the corrupt dl issue, but no love.

i did not think of the android.secure et al. issues, so i will try that now - thanks for the tip!

trust me, i was not in any way implying that it had anything to do with the rom - especially given the glowing reviews in this thread. i know that most often it has to do with the phone or the user. in fact, this is a refurbished replacement phone that i got from Asurion - there may be some issues with it. i've considered sbf'ing back and re-rooting, anyway, but just haven't had the time.

cfclark

Reaction score
On a completely unrelated (to build 7, 6, etc) note, Google Search keeps force closing on me. It doesn't matter if I use the search button on my device, open the app directly, or use the widget. Every time I try to open Google Search (any way) it automatically force closes. Here is a screen shot of the F/C I am talking about:

Kratos

Well, here''s an interesting update to this issue. I was playing around with my phone before I went to bed last night and decided to long press the physical search button, just for the fun of it. I was presented with three options, something that had to do with Handcent, something that had to do with Go SMS Pro, and open Voice Search. For some reason, I decided to select "set as default" and then hit the Voice Search option. Now, my Google Search works like a charm! I no longer receive the F/C when trying to use Google Search.

Very weird in deed....

Kratos

I had this problem when going from Build 9 to Build 11, and in searching for a solution, came across this post--tried the same thing and it seems to have worked, no idea why. I have restored from Titanium post-flash before, apparently this is not a good idea, at least not for some apps.

JStandiford21

Reaction score

This makes me happy :)

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

schellbl

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, i'll check it out see if i can find a memory leak i may have put in or something, what specifically is the cause? if you can tell, meaning display, cell standby, etc.

settings>about>battery use

[although im fairly sure you know this by now.. :icon_eek: ]

Woodyman -

Thanks,
Brian
Thanks for responding Woodyman. I did look at the battery stats and Cell Standby is taking about 50 % of my battery and it says 50% without a signal. I've never had this problem with the older builds. I also updated cell towers *228 option 2 and it is still showing high numbers. Any thoughts?

jayman350

Reaction score
Hey Jayman I had the same problem on DC 10. I went into setcpu profiles and my enable was some how unchecked. See if yours is too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hmmmm so you are saying that enabling profiles made your widget update corrrectly? I don't typically use profiles but I will give that a shot. Thanks