[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

EFGantry

Reaction score
i can't get TiBu to install in the first place - how do i run market doctor if it won't install??

I ran into this issue, mine was a busybox problem. I installed the busybox installer from the market -- installed busybox using the program and then TiBu worked fine.

this is getting comical! it won't even let me install JRum's busybox installer. it won't let me install any app. i even tried to go online to have the apps sent to my phone, but that isn't working either - nothing is installing! oy veh...

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i can't get TiBu to install in the first place - how do i run market doctor if it won't install??

I ran into this issue, mine was a busybox problem. I installed the busybox installer from the market -- installed busybox using the program and then TiBu worked fine.

this is getting comical! it won't even let me install JRum's busybox installer. it won't let me install any app. i even tried to go online to have the apps sent to my phone, but that isn't working either - nothing is installing! oy veh...

I think I would wipe 3x and reflash. This rom works flawless on my D1. Market updates and everything I ask it to do.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
well glad you figured out the notification, and and i'll check into the email problem.

thanks

it's in the top left corner of the phone and is a black shield with a red dot in it. when I pull the notification screen down, it says "data off (user), user/screen/schedule/ x1.73" I don't know where it came from if not from the rom. I never had it in any other rom

I tried handcent sms a long time ago, but had a lot of trouble trying to txt to email so I use the stock app that came with the rom.

what do you mean shield with red dot?

I'm assuming your trying to text from the stock messaging app correct? I'll try to add support so that it will send it as sms rather than mms.

I actually have 2 minor things I'd like to change, but other than that, this ROM is schweet outta the box:
1) in the notification bar, there's a shield with a red dot in it. I want to hide that.
2) when I send a TXT to someone to their email address it wants to send it as MMS, not SMS, as it does when I txt a mobile phone number. Any way to change that? I think this is the only ROM I've used that does that. That person, who I txt often, has txt turned off at the carrier-level (verizon) becuase that's not part of her blackberry usage plan. I txt to her email and it hits the blackberry as fast as a txt. So that's the only way to reach her when I have txt but not email access (other than call) because I have limited data usage thru pageplus

thanks for the help

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Market is giving me "not installed". Looks like root explorer is in my future.

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

listenman20

Reaction score
I tried installing the market 3.0.26 with no luck. I tried on top of an older version, on top of the black market, and after uninstalling the old market completely. Did anyone get this working?

yeah...a few posts back it was mentioned it wouldn't straight out install...he had to push it to system/app

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is what I did for new market. Using root explorer, I renamed the old vending to vending.bak(just incase the new one didn't work), pasted the new vending.apk(renamed to this) into the system/app folder and reset the proper permissions, reboot and it was all ready to go. Works like a charm.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

daware

Reaction score
This is what I did for new market. Using root explorer, I renamed the old vending to vending.bak(just incase the new one didn't work), pasted the new vending.apk(renamed to this) into the system/app folder and reset the proper permissions, reboot and it was all ready to go. Works like a charm.

This worked perfectly. Thank you.

martytoo

Reaction score

This worked perfectly. Thank you.

I tried to do this with Ghost. Commander and it didn't work. What exactly does reset the proper permissions mean? I assume this is different than " Fix Permissions ".

daware

Reaction score
I tried to do this with Ghost. Commander and it didn't work. What exactly does reset the proper permissions mean? I assume this is different than " Fix Permissions ".

I used root explorer to change the permissions to rw-r--r--.

sonnydroid

Reaction score
I want to try this ROM but I can't sucessfully download the google apps. I get a "Can't download. This content is not supported on this phone"?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want to try this ROM but I can't sucessfully download the google apps. I get a "Can't download. This content is not supported on this phone"?

Use an alternate browser like dolphin or skyfire. Astro file manager also has an option build into its preferences to enable the browser to download any file type.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums