[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

jayman350

Reaction score
Does netflix work with this Rom?
on my phone it just goes back to the menu.

yes netflix works great on this rom. you might want to uninstall/reinstall if its giving you problems cause I can stream video over 3g and wifi with almost no issues (sometimes the app is just slow overall)

Agrajag

Reaction score
So I just saw this recommended over in the D3 forums because people wanted different notification lights for each app and stuff. In the market search for light flow there is a free and a paid version.

so if that is something you want defiantly check out the app!

Hmm.... Are you saying this should work with DC to get me what I'm looking for which is to turn off the LED for missed calls (the setting for that doesn't work here) and to get contact-specific LED colors for my main SMS inbound messages?

saradroid

Reaction score
I actually have 2 minor things I'd like to change, but other than that, this ROM is schweet outta the box:
1) in the notification bar, there's a shield with a red dot in it. I want to hide that.
2) when I send a TXT to someone to their email address it wants to send it as MMS, not SMS, as it does when I txt a mobile phone number. Any way to change that? I think this is the only ROM I've used that does that. That person, who I txt often, has txt turned off at the carrier-level (verizon) becuase that's not part of her blackberry usage plan. I txt to her email and it hits the blackberry as fast as a txt. So that's the only way to reach her when I have txt but not email access (other than call) because I have limited data usage thru pageplus

thanks for the help

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yes should work, I didn't' download because to me its not a big deal, but over in the D3 forums someone recommended it because people wanted to be able to change the LED colors, it may or may not work, just threw it out there for people to check out if they wanted.

So I just saw this recommended over in the D3 forums because people wanted different notification lights for each app and stuff. In the market search for light flow there is a free and a paid version.

so if that is something you want defiantly check out the app!

Hmm.... Are you saying this should work with DC to get me what I'm looking for which is to turn off the LED for missed calls (the setting for that doesn't work here) and to get contact-specific LED colors for my main SMS inbound messages?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
what do you mean shield with red dot?

I'm assuming your trying to text from the stock messaging app correct? I'll try to add support so that it will send it as sms rather than mms.

I actually have 2 minor things I'd like to change, but other than that, this ROM is schweet outta the box:
1) in the notification bar, there's a shield with a red dot in it. I want to hide that.
2) when I send a TXT to someone to their email address it wants to send it as MMS, not SMS, as it does when I txt a mobile phone number. Any way to change that? I think this is the only ROM I've used that does that. That person, who I txt often, has txt turned off at the carrier-level (verizon) becuase that's not part of her blackberry usage plan. I txt to her email and it hits the blackberry as fast as a txt. So that's the only way to reach her when I have txt but not email access (other than call) because I have limited data usage thru pageplus

thanks for the help

saradroid

Reaction score
thanks

it's in the top left corner of the phone and is a black shield with a red dot in it. when I pull the notification screen down, it says "data off (user), user/screen/schedule/ x1.73" I don't know where it came from if not from the rom. I never had it in any other rom

I tried handcent sms a long time ago, but had a lot of trouble trying to txt to email so I use the stock app that came with the rom.

what do you mean shield with red dot?

I'm assuming your trying to text from the stock messaging app correct? I'll try to add support so that it will send it as sms rather than mms.

thanks for the help

Agrajag

Reaction score
That sounds like another app. I've never seen that (though it sounds like Wave Secure).

NebraskaX24

Reaction score
Just dropping by to say I've replaced PE4.2 with DC11 for the moment. Seems just as stable with a newer base. Nicely done.

NebraskaX24

Reaction score
Just dropping by to say I've replaced PE4.2 with DC11 for the moment. Seems just as stable with a newer base. Nicely done.

I've had much better luck with Droid concepts than PE. I love it.

Both have been rock solid stable, so much more reliable than any gingerbread. Multitasking is flawless. Not to say I don't enjoy running some CM7 every now and then, but Droid Concepts may be my new reliable go-to ROM.

EFGantry

Reaction score
for some reason, i can't get TiBu to dl from the market. i've wiped mulitiple times, and done a clean install 3 times, but no luck. when i press the "OK" button for permissions, to allow install, nothing happens. any ideas??

javaman70

Reaction score
Try running market doctor in Tibu then retry downloading.....that's what worked for me

Sent from my Droid

EFGantry

Reaction score
i can't get TiBu to install in the first place - how do i run market doctor if it won't install??

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i can't get TiBu to install in the first place - how do i run market doctor if it won't install??

I ran into this issue, mine was a busybox problem. I installed the busybox installer from the market -- installed busybox using the program and then TiBu worked fine.