Rom Development Slow for Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Brian7, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have my suspicions that Droid development is going to be very slow. It's been almost two weeks with root now and we don't have anything to show for it. This is kind of confusing to me. I wonder if the droid is just that much harder to develop for, or there is just a general lack of interest. There was, kind of a rom, released last night over at alldroid, but to me it really wasn't anything impressive. It was based on 2.0, GPS doesn't work and it has the Nexus One boot animation which doesn't even require root to do ?? What really is surprising is that they are still asking for donations.....I'm very hopeful that there is someone working on other roms but so far there's no news of it. If anyone has links or information on other roms being developed please post them here. So far root on the droid has been very, very disappointing. What's up guys?
  2. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know how quick "decent" ROMs came out for the G1 after root, but I would bet it was longer than 2 weeks. Calm down and relax. Good things will come. There are a lot of Droids out there, and there will be more and more as time goes on. There will be enough interest, it just takes a little patience.

BTW they were asking for donations because they put out retail for a Droid (which they never plan on activating) they did the ROM for US not themselves.
  3. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming them for asking for donations...I just think they're the only ones working on a rom and I was hoping someone would prove me wrong and I could add to the list of links that I constantly refresh looking for new roms:)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I hear ya. I think a real good rom will come out on Sholes.info if you ask me. Not sure when though. I am really hoping for a 2.1 sense UI rom but that's probably a pipe dream at this stage in the game.
  5. jinx10000

jinx10000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Be patient.

I think everything is moving very quickly.

The phone has been rooted, a recovery has been made, and two custom roms have been released in a month and a half of the phone's release.

:)
  6. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 sense ui is exactly what I'm looking for. But who knows how many HTC moles we have lurking, just waiting to pounce on a dev with a Cease and Desist order in hand:icon_ devil:
  7. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two ? I was only aware of Eugene and Baraks. What or where is the other one. Thanks for the info
  8. jinx10000

jinx10000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok you're right, I remember reading about that one and actually that's the one I hope gets done before everyone else gets 2.1
  10. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the latest droid root was not a "full root," and that another root access point will have to be found as new updates come out. It's going to be a bit before things settle down,
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Why have you done nothing?
  12. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root is Root.

Future updates could "plug" the exploit we used to access root, that's all. This is why people who care about keeping root have disabled OTA updates.
  13. jinx10000

jinx10000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. swm5126

swm5126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummmm did you even look at what the ROM does? The whole point was that they've integrated multitouch from the the milestone system into the Droid. Which means in the browser, pics, etc.
  15. Brian7

Brian7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummmmm yes I did and Ummmmm no it's not that impressive. Multitouch is a cool parlor trick but it is not the end all and be all that some think it is. I personally don't need anything on my droid that reminds me of that apple thing and honestly the custom icons, which are really bad, are the only real changes that i saw. The Nexus One boot animation can be done without root so there's simply not alot of progress here. You should load up that rom and see what you think. I used it for a total of about 15 minutes, didn't like it and moved on.
    The new 2.1 flan port however is very interesting and has some real potential.
    Let me know what you think of it.
Search tags for this page

motorola bioinic rom is slow