ROM Development for the Droid Bionic

clichename1221

Reaction score
I'm quite new to Android development, but I decided to try and modify Android OS as a fun project. I've followed all the instructions at the Android Source page, and I've successfully built an image with
Code:
lunch full-eng
But I'm quite puzzled as to how to actually flash the image to my phone. I have rooted my device.

It would be amazing if someone could help me out here, as I am quite puzzled.

If it helps, I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 x64.

Reaction score
Did you download the bionic boot strap application? I needed this, plus it helps a dev out, to get the clockwork installed and get the reboot to work on a stock Rom. Then you should put the Rom on sdext, reboot, wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvic, then find format system and then install zip from SD card. That should do it. I can remember what menu the format system is under in clockwork but it is there. Check what purity says to do in order to install a room and do that and you'll be fine. Oh and be sure to do a nandroid first, it can save your butt if you mess up. Actually i think every Rom has the same instructions for base install so anyone will work for instructions. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RayEMan

Reaction score
Good luck man. My first one went to reboot loop. Back to the drawing board for me...

OP
C

clichename1221

Reaction score
I've heard many stories from my friends with the same ending. :p

As for instructions, doesn't lunch full-eng build for the emulator? I'd assume that it won't be compatible with the actual phone.
I'm also quite confused as to whether or not "Pandaboard" is for the Droid Bionic.

Finally, how do I change the .img to a .zip?

(Oh, and I have Safestrap, which I believe has the same functionality as bootstrap. It let's me "dual-boot" too!)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Verro84

Reaction score
Im seriously thinking about trying to make themes for my bionic. I have so many ideas i just need to see how lol

sjflowerhorn

Reaction score
I've heard many stories from my friends with the same ending. :p

As for instructions, doesn't lunch full-eng build for the emulator? I'd assume that it won't be compatible with the actual phone.
I'm also quite confused as to whether or not "Pandaboard" is for the Droid Bionic.

Pandaboard uses TI OMAP4430 so that's were I'm starting from for bionic. But for nook color I am building from emulator.