[ROM] Debloated EC01 Rom

ziggy484

Reaction score
maybe this is a dumb question, but what is it about this rom that requires the special instructions? Why cant it just be flashed over sc 2.92 in cw after wiping everything?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Whats the difference between this and eb01? Can I flash it staight over the eb01? From recovery after DL ing it

This is the newest release we have available....its more responsive, uses a different radio and has better GPS lock etc...

No, you would need to follow this walkthrough http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html

When you say more responsive, is that less lag, and faster?

Superfreakenclean PB&J

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
maybe this is a dumb question, but what is it about this rom that requires the special instructions? Why cant it just be flashed over sc 2.92 in cw after wiping everything?

The EC01 radio needs to be ODIN'd. When you follow all the steps its basically starting all over again with fixing permissions and such. I did that first, then I flashed to CM6 with a data/cache/dalvik wipe. I then flashed to 2.9.2 with a data/cache/dalvik wipe. Then I flashed this ROM over 2.9.2 with a cache/dalvik wipe and have not had any problems. It's up to you on how you want to flash it. I mean, it says you should ODIN it and if you don't and run into bootloops or FC Hell well then you're ODINing anyways.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Whats the difference between this and eb01? Can I flash it staight over the eb01? From recovery after DL ing it

This is the newest release we have available....its more responsive, uses a different radio and has better GPS lock etc...

No, you would need to follow this walkthrough http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html

When you say more responsive, is that less lag, and faster?

Superfreakenclean PB&J

Yes, noticeably faster.

ziggy484

Reaction score

The EC01 radio needs to be ODIN'd. When you follow all the steps its basically starting all over again with fixing permissions and such. I did that first, then I flashed to CM6 with a data/cache/dalvik wipe. I then flashed to 2.9.2 with a data/cache/dalvik wipe. Then I flashed this ROM over 2.9.2 with a cache/dalvik wipe and have not had any problems. It's up to you on how you want to flash it. I mean, it says you should ODIN it and if you don't and run into bootloops or FC Hell well then you're ODINing anyways.

I have already odined the ec01 radio portion of this... so am i good to just flash the rom itself now after a wipe? I am currently on sc

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

I have already odined the ec01 radio portion of this... so am i good to just flash the rom itself now after a wipe? I am currently on sc

It's up to you man. I did and it worked fine.
But I also did do it by gizmos instructions the first time around. I dk if that means anything or not.
Sent from my EC01 voodoo'd Fascinate

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
For some reason I don't have the lock screens and it makes me wonder if the rest of the features like no full batt popup and the others were installed

NVM, I failed to see the LOCKSCREEN SETTINGS app thats been in front of my face in the app drawer the whole time haha

Last edited:

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Running really smooth and batt. Is great plus signal and gps is awesome

fordee11

Reaction score
if i want to go back to superclean, can i just flash it in clockwork over ec01?

yummylishouz

Reaction score
I'm running dark revenge.. the only rom they doesn't give me issues as of right now ... thinking about trying this one though..

ziggy484

Reaction score
Didnt really find anything that great about it, 3g kept going in and out, and had that sync symbol in notification bar. Not sure if it was the rom but I went back to superclean... i need a fully functional phone

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Didnt really find anything that great about it, 3g kept going in and out, and had that sync symbol in notification bar. Not sure if it was the rom but I went back to superclean... i need a fully functional phone

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

This is fully functional. Sounds like something went wrong.

Sent from my EC01 voodoo'd Fascinate

yummylishouz

Reaction score
stuck in boot loop.. question.. i keep seeing people writing about putting things on sd card root not in a folder.. could this be causing problems? cause i dl the roms/themes straight from my phone so when i apply them they are in download folder, not on root of sd...?

edit: i moved file to root of sd and still get stuck in bootloop.. UGH!

Last edited: