[ROM] [Rom] D2G MIUI.US 1.10.21 MIUI Needs .606,7 or, 8

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is MIUI for the Droid 2 Global. You will need to be on Gingerbread .606 or .607 before installing any build after 1.9.16!

Currently everything is working except the alt lock key. Bluetooth should be working now too (please let me know if it is/isnt)

It is highly advised to have your phone activated before installing this rom

Get the update from MIUI.US' download page
http://roms..miui.us

(Mirror)
http://roms.miui.us/...e=cdma_droid2we This is a direct link to the rom on MIUI

ttp://www.multiupload.com/GUZ75UEDX8 This is a Bluetooth working/updated hijack version of
1.10.21 available for testing. You will not need to wipe anything to apply over any current 1.10.21 installs.
Droid 2 Global 1.10.21

Changelog:
Updated to 1.10.21
FINALLY Switched to Defy Base
Updated to Android 2.3.7
Included governors and scripts from Droid X Chat
Included Bootmenu
Brought in changes over 1.9.16.1 (Any GSM tweaks you guys were using before should still work)
Includes MIUI Control now
Speed increase
Included smartass governor and others
Note: The 2 usb icon's is not an issue, it is due to the new usb toggle

Notes2: Over the next few releases I will be doing a freeze on adding new features and trying to get Bluetooth to work and fix some other small issues

Notes 3: You will most likely need to wipe data and cache for this update due to our base switch! (should be the last switch in a long time!)

Notes4: The phone is underclocked to 1 Ghz by default! Go into the boot menu and set the voltage and cpu speeds you desire. you can also set the governor to use here too!

To get to the boot menu press volume down when you see a blue light come on at boot!
http://www.multiupload.com/CO1B24CE4U (1.10.21 GB)

http://www.mediafire...7xkg88bx99wod1y MIUI4D2G V 5.0 (froyo)
http://www.mediafire...aexgk9sercps8qn Overlay I am using incase I ever quit (for reference) (5.0 Froyo overlay, DO NOT USE FOR NORMAL INSTALLS OF MIUI, THIS IS FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY)

Note: If you try to switch network versions you will need to erase /system/ /data/ and /cache/ and then install whatever version you want. It caches whatever mode you are in and that will cause problems if you do not follow the method listed above.

You can use recovery! Go to the rom manager and in there install droid x (2nd init) and then it should work! That is apparently the only way to get there.

Dont forget to clear data and cache after installing or else you WILL have a bootloop

Donations are MUCH appreciated!
http://forum.xda-dev...e.php?u=1894713 ( I simply copied my XDA donate link)

Thanks go out to CVPS,Framework43, Revnumbers, Gasai Yuno, Asphyx, x13thangelx, Bikerdude and the rest of the CM4D2G team!

Thanks also go out to the person who made the MIUI honeycomb theme that is used in V5 as default!
HUGE thanks to Droid X Chat for the work I borrowed from him! (bootmenu, user init's, etc.)

Last edited:
OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know I never posted my rom here but if you guys like my work please donate! I am going to support my work here as well as rootzwiki from now on!

jack902902

Reaction score
I've been watching this development on RootzWiki, and I'm confident its ready for install on my picky g/F's D2G!

This will be coming from Hexen and I will report back.

As soon as I can get my sticky fingers on her phone...

Sent from my DROIDX

arsci

Reaction score
Well, i just flashed this ROM last night and I have to say, so far I am very impressed. I've had a couple little quirks with getting some settings to stick but after 5 or 6 reboots since I flashed it the settings seem to be sticking just fine. I have my phone set to automatically switch settings profiles depending on what classes i'm in, what time of day, etc and some settings wouldnt change at first but now I'm able to switch profiles without any problems. Had a similar issue with wifi, I was able to connect and it worked fine but once wifi was turned off I could no longer connect, it said turning on wifi then it said error. Since I rebooted last I've switched wifi on and off several times and have had no issues yet so it seems to have corrected itself. I have not tested the bluetooth yet but it turns on and off without any issue, tomorrow once I get in the car I'll setup the bluetooth and report back on how it does.

Other than hexen, I have to say this is one of the most stable and smoothest ROMs i've tried (i've tried liquid, CM7, stock GB, liberty, fenom). Love all the settings options and themes and everything as well. So far battery life has been great too.

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Bluetooth is fixed as well as some sticky settings. It also has an updated hijack zip (I was using one from august) So it fixes some sticky settings as well.
I updated the OP. It can be flashed without wiping anything

arsci

Reaction score
Do you mean those things were fixed after 11/5, or the build in the original posting already did fix those things? Because I have seen a few settings still having problems sticking and bluetooth sort of works. I can make/recieve calls and I can hear the person on the other phone, but they cannot hear me. Took me a few minutes to figure out why they hung up on me. haha. Just trying to see if you fixed them before or after I flashed it. And once I get a job here, I will donate...i'm very impressed with this, and i'd love to keep it but I do need the bluetooth!

razzlor

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I love the ROM, but need Bluetooth to work (I hear them, they don't hear me)

other than that I'm very pleased with it, great work.

alixjg

Reaction score
I can not seem to get into the boot menu. I'm assuming you're talking about when the boot animation begins (rotating globe) the LED flashes blue. I've tried holding vol. down when it flashes, i've tried holding it during the entire animation, and i've tried holding vol. down after the blue LED flash is done... can someone help me here?

Jonas

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have never tried this ROM, and just flashed GB Liberty the other night. How does this compare to Liberty or CM7? And does this ROM have to look like the iPhone interface, with the bubble style icons, or is that a "feature" of the ROM itself? It looks pretty good, but I just finished setting up Liberty, so I dont wanna try this ROM and have to switch back.

Also, Props to the Dev for putting out 2 great ROMs in a week!

alixjg

Reaction score
The defualt launcher looks like an iPhone. Not really my style, so I just downloaded LauncherPro, now it's just like any other ROM i've had cause I love LauncherPro!

Also, after messing around in the ROM manager and updating CWM, I'm now able to get into the "Boot Menu"... the blue light never came on before at the M screen.

juv3

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have never tried this ROM, and just flashed GB Liberty the other night. How does this compare to Liberty or CM7? And does this ROM have to look like the iPhone interface, with the bubble style icons, or is that a "feature" of the ROM itself? It looks pretty good, but I just finished setting up Liberty, so I dont wanna try this ROM and have to switch back.

Also, Props to the Dev for putting out 2 great ROMs in a week!
I highly recommend you to flash the nandroid someone posted in the rootzwiki forum for this rom the guy fixed some issues with liberty I think is on page 2

Sent from D2G Rocked by ApeX RC4 using TapaTaLk