[ROM] [ROM] Cyanogen Mod 9 [CDMA]

graywolf

Reaction score

CM9.png

CyanogenMod 9
Built directly from source, no modifications whatsoever.

I am not responsible for any issues you have with this. I did not create anything in this. I just build it and make it available to you.
If you get fired, your phone blows up, or any other issues, it is not my fault.
I am also not responsible if Russia starts a global thermonuclear war, or if AshtonTS does something stupid.
You accept these terms when you download the ROM

S-OFF is reccomended to flash this without issues, and I recommend Amon Ra recovery to make sure flashing goes well.

Everything is working, except for Bluetooth calling. External SD card will show up as your internal SD, and the internal SD shows up as EMMC.

Some screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-09-46.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-00.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-11.jpg

Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-26.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-11-26.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-40.jpg

But you aren't here for screenshots are you? You are here for........................
Download Links!​
Changelog:

9/21/2012

• Multitouch fix

9/18/2012

• Bluetooth wakelock fix
  • WiFi fix

9/12/2012

• Bluetooth media fix
  • Mobile data fix
  • Reduce screen flicker and flash

AmonRa Recovery rename to "PH98IMG.zip", place on root of SD card, and flash in bootloader.

Instructions for S-OFF:

• Download the latest build and place on SD card.
  • Download GAPPS and place on SD card.
  • Wipe.
  • Flash CM9 in recovery.
  • Flash GAPPS right after.
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Instructions for S-ON:

• Download the latest build.
  • Download GAPPS.
  • Download this and rename to PH98IMG.zip S-ON boot.img (Thanks to luis86dr) and place on the root of your external SD.
    Md5 = 5a223692ae51ec69110974f9f06ad73b
  • Reboot to recovery.
  • Wipe.
  • Flash CM9.
  • Flash GAPPS.
  • Reboot to bootloader and install the PH98IMG
  • Reboot system and enjoy!

Enable GPU rendering in Developer options to make the keyboard lag go away!

Older builds:
CM9 Unofficial Build 9/18/2012
CM9 Unofficial Build 9/12/2012
CM9 Unofficial Build 9/11/2012
CM9 Unofficial Build 9/10/2012

Please take a minute to thank chad0989 for all of his hard work!

Also, thank you to antp121 for helping me learn how to build from source.

If chad pushes any updates, I will build and update this as fast as I can.
Enjoy yourself and post any questions!

Last edited:

mas_ony

Reaction score
nice!

hi graywolf, thanks for the ROM.

it will be more useful for me if it has GSM patch :)

can you give a step by step how to build this ROM?

OP
graywolf

graywolf

Reaction score
Good. Remember that the thanks goes to Chad at XDA.

What's up with this place? Nobody here.

Last edited:

ozo012

Reaction score
Good. Remember that the thanks goes to Chad at XDA.

What's up with this place? Nobody here.

Traffic for the Rezound was never that great on this site, since the primary focus is for Motorola & other officially Droid-branded phones.

Kendraso

Reaction score
i posted a thread in the help section wolf, but ill add a reply to this thread in hopes you will see it. followed the s-on instructions for the rezound. although i dont know the that md5 string portion is for, and all it does it sit at the white htc screen and wont boot up. maybe you can help please.

edit- and i should mention i forgot to make a backup with cwm recovery prior to flashing >.>, yeah i forgot badly...

OP
graywolf

graywolf

Reaction score
i posted a thread in the help section wolf, but ill add a reply to this thread in hopes you will see it. followed the s-on instructions for the rezound. although i dont know the that md5 string portion is for, and all it does it sit at the white htc screen and wont boot up. maybe you can help please.

edit- and i should mention i forgot to make a backup with cwm recovery prior to flashing >.>, yeah i forgot badly...

1. You shouldn't be using CWM. Causes charging issues and flashing problems.
2. You can find amon ra in my goo.im page at goo.im/devs/graythewolf rename to PH98IMG.zip and place on root of SD card to flash in bootloader
3. Read the s-on instructions in the OP to help you out.

Please read! :)

Kendraso

Reaction score
thankyou for replying in a timely fashion. i flashed cwm when i was rooting because its what i used with my dinc1 way back when, so i was familiar with its layout and it was an option with hasoon2000's all in one root kit. but ill reflash with amon ra, and then i should be able to flash cm9 with the s-on instructions im hoping. cause i knew i was missing something, just didnt know what.

Kendraso

Reaction score
edit - ok found out what the md5 tagline is for, found out how to s-off the phone, im not going to do it most likely due to it requiring me to use an actual wire for the process and theres a chance i can fry the phone physically...that and the s-off instructions arent exactly clear to me. i flashed amon ra, wiped the phone clean, installed per the instructions above, including the PH98IMG.zip you have listed, yet i still get stuck at the white htc screen, and im fairly sure im doing this correctly...unless theres an easier way to s-off the rezound than doing the method on S-off from that site, i wont be doing it anytime soon. wolf your currently the only one who can help me on this, im about ready to give up, because ive tried scotts clean rom, wont get past a black screen, ineffibilis wont get past the white screen, and the only rom ive gotten to work succesfully was a stock rooted rom, and the wifi wont work with that rom, which is a major hinderance for me at home as the reception inside my house is horrible. personal email is [email protected] and if you could personally email me about this, i would be greatly appreciative.

Last edited:

Kendraso

Reaction score
Are you flashing the kernel when you flash the ROM?
as far as i know i am, thats the PH98IMG correct? or am i still missing the flashing of the kernel. when i read your guide on roms, flashing the kernel using the cmd window at first didnt make any sense cause i had yet to dl adb and fastboot, after reading a few other guides such as the s-off one, i finally figured out what i needed to dl (in short i read the guides thoroughly inbetween customers at work (verizon) and taking care of my 6 month old son who just learned to fully crawl last night, but has been walking for 2 months), however the guide for the kernel still confuses me a bit considering the .zip file that is the PH98IMG contains a boot.img, and the what you have listed in the guide is a boot.img as well, so im still a tad murky on the kernel issues, and most likely if im not flashing that properly, then thats why cm9 wont load for me, and i havent had the time to sit down and sift through your guide and others to help clarify me, and i do appologize for bringing up here when there is a search button, however i dont always have the time to use it like its intended :/

on a side note though, both you mr smith and gray wolf have been more than helpful and patient with me through this stuff, as ive only ever rooted phones, never really done any rom flashing, especially not to this extent, and the root process is fairly clear to me, especially with hasoon2000's all in one root kit, but ive done many other phones with other kits, just not always all in ones. roms on the other hand, yeah...not so clear. and wolf the funny thing is, the only reason i rooted my rezound, which ive been debating it for months, is because i saw a working cm9 build for ics rezound lol, and thats what ive been waiting for.

jeffjoleen

Reaction score
Stuck

1) I downloaded and saved the CM9 and GAPPS to my sd card.
2) Then downloaded IMG.zip and saved to my card
3) Booted to recovery and installed CM9 and GAPPS with out any problems
4) Rebooted to recovery and then installed the IMG.zip file

Now I'm getting an error that tells me, "E: Can't find update script"

What does this mean? The installation was aborted and I can't boot to anything. I tried several times to install the IMG file. Same result. I really don't know what the S-Off thing means, so I'm sure I'm still S-On, because I didn't do anything in the past to switch it off. Thanks for everyone's help.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

Reaction score
1) I downloaded and saved the CM9 and GAPPS to my sd card.
2) Then downloaded IMG.zip and saved to my card
3) Booted to recovery and installed CM9 and GAPPS with out any problems
4) Rebooted to recovery and then installed the IMG.zip file

Now I'm getting an error that tells me, "E: Can't find update script"

What does this mean? The installation was aborted and I can't boot to anything. I tried several times to install the IMG file. Same result. I really don't know what the S-Off thing means, so I'm sure I'm still S-On, because I didn't do anything in the past to switch it off. Thanks for everyone's help.

Lots of people are having that problem.