[ROM] CM9 for the Droid Pro Now with Working Camera!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

If you have read the ICS update schedule for Motorola then chances are unless you bought your phone in the last couple of months then you are out of luck. Motorola has made a habit out of releasing awesome devices and then making slight changes to said device then releasing new said device a few months later. The Droid X was a hot commodity followed pretty quickly by the DroidX2 with a slightly better screen and a dual core processor. From there the Bionic was released and was pretty much dead in the water from the get go. It was followed by the Razr which had a slightly faster processor, a slightly better screen and less memory! The release that really ruffled alot of feathers was the Razr Maxx which was announced what seemed to be only weeks after the original Razr. All of these phones released by Motorola and you can see how it would be difficult to get out official updates on all of them seeing as how they each have slight variations on their OS builds. Who needs the Manufacturer when you have the awesome development community that we have with Android. I have always relied on the Dev community for pre-releases and early updates. I have always had the latest version of Android on my device. Some of you will never receive an official build of ICS for your device. Not to worry most of our devices already have some sort of ICS build available thanks to the Devs.
Announcing CM9 for the DroidPro by "JackpotClavin". This was released back in late February but just today a new version was released that includes a working camera! Score!

cyanogen.png

This Rom is based on Ice Cream Sandwich. It has working calls, wifi, mms, data 3g, it also now has a working camera! This Rom includes the CM settings for all the customization options you know and love! It will include cm walls and cm bootanimation. A few things that you should know. The camera app will fc with the first picture you take then it will open and take pictures flawlessly from there. It was suggested to take a dummy picture when the phone first boots up so that you will have your camera when you need it. The camcorder does not work and will fc. Youtube does work but Netflix does not. It should also be noted that you will not be able to use Droid2Bootstrap after installing this rom. To get to clockwork mod recovery from this rom reboot the phone, wait for the led to flash blue, then press the volume down button while the light is blue to get into the dedicated boot menu.

This looks like a pretty solid Rom for the Droid Pro! Grab it here!

jopie916

Reaction score
CM9 build for the Droid X with working camera too

Also, in case anyone missed it, x13thangelx over at Rootzwiki has a CM9 build for the Droid X with a working camera as well. I've been running it for a few days now and I'm loving it --except the battery life appears to be shorter.

Be sure to upgrade from 4.5.602 only and remember to flash the gapps before you reboot from clockworkmod or else you will have to SBF your phone and start over.

link: CyanogenMod 9 [UNOFFICIAL] [Beta] - RootzWiki