[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed V.10 !! Froyo 2.2.1 - Fast, Stable, & Great Batt

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Bukada, Nov 3, 2010.

1. mdgmcse

mdgmcse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because they are located in the system folder, you will need to either replace the original .apk files in the original ROM's .zip file and re-flash, or if you have Root Explorer it is a bit easier than that.

Use Root Explorer to mount system/apps as r/w, then rename the existing camera.apk to something like camera.old. Next, paste the attached camera.apk file into the system/apps directory after mounting r/w, then change permissions to match the other files which should be: users read/write, group read, others read. Finally, you have to remember to remounted r/o on the system/apps folder, then reboot your phone.

It looks like this ROM has both the camera.apk and camcorder.apk, so you will need to probably rename that file as well just to make sure there isn't a conflict of some kind. I haven't tried this new camera.apk yet, so I'm not sure what effect it will have. If it doesn't work, just do the same process, but rename the camera.old back to camera.apk after deleting the other camera.apk file.

2. mdgmcse

mdgmcse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went ahead and installed this camera.zip from UD 1.0 and it does work fine with this ROM. You know it's been changed because the camera and camcorder icons are the older ones. This one didn't give me any stutter issues, so maybe you can give it a try...hopefully it will fix that problem.

Oh, you do just need the camera.apk, as it will handle both camcorder and camera functions, so go ahead and rename that file as well.

3. Westy

Westy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great so far

Loaded Ultimate Droid 1.0 yesterday. It was quick and seemed to work great. I found a few issues including my bluetooth would not work. Was going to wait for the update but decided to try a little Charity.

Initial impressions are very good. Nothing wrong so far. Only thing I miss so far is the keyboard from Ultimate Droid 1.0
    :icon_ banana:

4. mchoffa

mchoffa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as my first experience with rooting and installing a custom rom, all I can say is WOW! this old clunky glitchy 550mhz phone is now a super speedy, stable, usable phone with about twice the battery life i had been used to.... so many thanks to the devs, I no longer want throw my droid out the window!

makes me realize just how bad the official build was...

5. Westy

Westy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best most stable rom yet

I have gone through quite a few roms and even though there have been some very good ones, I always have a couple things not working correctly or a couple of options I want that are not available on the rom.

Charity has been different and continues to please. I can honestly say I have not had one issue with this rom and the feature set has everything that a person should need. :icon_ banana:

I believe I have found a rom I can live with for the foreseeable future.

Great Job! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

6. D-Roid

D-Roid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would anyone be able to comment on how Pandora sounds with this? When Froyo came out Pandora sounded like crap so I installed Sapphire and it has been great. I would like to try this but don't want to go back to crappy Pandora.
    Thanks

7. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    Pandora sounds good on this rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. onesimus7

onesimus7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, just wanted to ask how to flash this ROM from a clean droid?

I flashed GOT 2.2.1 sbf (telus canada), applied root, then installed ROM manager. But when i tried to flash this ROM, (it'll reboot to recovery mode) the installation process on recovery halts on 1/3 then reboots to normal boot. In short, it always fails. I also tried to reboot in recovery mode via ROM Manager, and behaves the same way and never even shows me error.

I tried installing SPRecovery manually but never got me there instead screwing up as Bootloader.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

#56 onesimus7, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  9. irishmonkey

irishmonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    please help me. i installed the rom using clokwork, when i sintalled and rebooted i got stuck on a boot loop. i tried battery pull but it still gave me a boot loop. can anyone help me with this issue?

10. mdgmcse

mdgmcse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried holding x to boot into recovery? If that works, you can sideload a kernel to your sd card then install it in recovery. Most likely you need a higher voltage or lower clock speed kernel so download a few variations to find one that will work with your phone. My wife's droid will barely run a 1GHz kernel, but should really be around 800 due to heat/boot loops, yet mine can take a 1.2 GHz no problem. So each phone reacts differently, its up to you how hard you want to push your cpu.

11. scott craft

scott craft Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I had the same problem. My phone doesn't like that ulv kernal. I had to use a card reader and flash a kernal I knew would work.

12. mdgmcse

mdgmcse Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
cellcom mms wisconsin
smoked glass 2.2 rom

smoked glass droid a855 mediafire

smoked glass themed v9.0 froyo 2.2.1