[ROM] Bugless Beast [800MHz & Wifi] V0.7.1 (1/26/10) Is AWESOME

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by Guchi, Jan 27, 2010.

1. totaled

totaled New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Complete noob here with a question before I begin:

In Step 2 the tutorial instructs to install 'update.zip' is this the same file that is mentioned in step 53 (if installing Bugless Beast, which has the same name: update.zip)? Please explain if I overwrite the first update.zip file or exactly what to do.

THANKS!!

2. 713King

713King Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea remove the 1st update.zip that you see on the tutorial then put the update.zip from buggles link its like 60.2 MB or something like that into root of sdcard then when you are in that part were it has like 3 options one is 1. Install Rom from SD card and 2nd option is Allow update.zip click on it nothing will happen and then you click the 3rd option Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated and just hit the camera button and thats it! it will install the rom and everything. When you first boot up it takes a min or so and stays on the Eye dont think ur phone is messed up because its not lol it will eventualy boot up.

3. ak68

ak68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pete!

I just did the v0.7.2 update and it went fine. I have a question about overclocking and tethering. Are these separate flashes that need to be done on top of v0.7.2?

4. Techenigma

Techenigma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wireless tethering is already supported. you just need to download the tethering app that is listed on the first post of this thread. The o/c is the same thing out need SETCPU from the market. The rom includes the kernel for 800 MHz. If you want more you need to upgrade to the appropriate evilboot kernel you want.

5. kastein

kastein Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody use the print share app.....everytime I open on this rom it force closes....went back to smoked glass and it works great

6. acturbo

acturbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes 713 is correct. After rooting and installing the first update.zip file, you can then go back in and delete update.zip, then use the update.zip file from bugless beast for the last part of the procedure. Once bugless beast is installed you can once again remove update.zip from your SD card so it doesnt take up space.

7. KukiKid

KukiKid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this ROM but so far I had a little problem...
    So i did update.zip install and all was good, when i went to pick up my phone after install i accidentally bumped install again.....
    the boot time was huge, it showed lockscreen then boot logo for another 10 secs and then booted norm.
    Is this normal? A bug in the bugless beast?

8. 713King

713King Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If i want to do a factory restore threw the phone will it erase all apps and emails and keep my bugles rom in there or what? How can i do a restore so i can set up my email to the right one because i accidenly put my 2nd email for Gvoice on there and it doesnt have all the apps i bought. So whats another way to switch emails so my email could be set on default.

9. ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why won't my phone reboot? It just cycles between "Droid" and the red eye. :(

10. shafer5

shafer5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried this but didn't like it. I don't know if it was just me or what but everytime few minutes my phone would reboot! Looks like it's back to the Glass ROM for me...

11. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just posted this on alldroid...

So I read this in some thread before (I think the Smoked Glass thread over at droidforums.net) and now it's a huge problem. The keyboard on this version of BB seems to be the equivalent to 2.0 and not 2.0.1. I can barely type because it isn't picking up my keystrokes, even when trying to type much slower. On 2.0.1 I can type at almost max speed without problems but now it's taking me like 10x longer to type the same message with BB. Not sure if the 2.0 keyboard is in the rom for some reason. Anyone have any ideas how to fix or if it can be fixed by Pete?

EDIT: This was posted by el777

It more than likely is not the Browser like some are suggesting. Yes the browser does have some input lag (pretty bad in some places) on certain websites in certain text fields. I did some testing and not many people seem to find this a problem, but the keyboard doesn't register keys the same after installing this. The problem lies in the kernal that allows overclocking potential. Once that kernal replaces the default one, the keyboard has the input problem and it basically feels like the same keyboard that was in the stock 2.0 I don't know why this happens, I don't know linux or coding, etc. I just know from going back and forth between roms, that whenever I installed ANY rom that includes the overclock kernal (boot.img) that is when the keyboard sucks again.

#167 m3kilpat, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  12. mtw204

mtw204 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How does this impact your battery life? also, is 800mhz safe to run constantly?

Search tags for this page

7.2 via via vt8650 800mhz

bugless rom for htc bravo
bugless rom for micromax
buglessbee rom

onde encontro firmware para laptop vt8650

rom vt8650
vt8650 rom
vt8650 rom 10
vt8650 stock rom download