1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[ROM] Bugless Beast 1.2 3/1/10

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by m3kilpat, Mar 1, 2010.

1. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

2. EpyonZeroX

EpyonZeroX New Member

honestly 1.0 was the best. all the upgrades after it seem to have bug problems.
  3. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

Mine have all worked beautifully. No problems at all.
  4. bitter

bitter New Member

1.0 actually seemed buggy as **** to me. I'm happy this is out now.
  5. s-one

s-one New Member

Pete's jammin with these roms. Very nice. I wonder if he ever gets tired doin these things? Gonna checkout 1.2. Thanks!
  6. kenyx123

kenyx123 New Member

Just installed. I really liked the dark notifcation and drop down as aposed to the white that comes with v1.2. but it runs fine.
  7. jvcerebro

jvcerebro New Member

to be honest with u 1.1 gave me issues i had to do a nandroid restore. 1.1 has been running great since it release. still tough im afraid to run 1.2 until i hear more about it.
  8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

V1.2 has been running perfectly for me since my 4:30AM install. I then installed Chevy's 1.25 and the Smoked Glass theme that is on Pete's page. It looks and feel just like 1.1 to me now. Running great. I will enable JIT later today (because I just have to). JIT worked fine for me on 7.7 and V1.1.

Don't forget to donate.

Forgot to change my sig. Will do that later today too.
  9. cinematicmatt

cinematicmatt New Member

so after a day of being out, hows everything running?

i have weird problems with 1.1 like after reboot, sending 2x or 3x texts of the same message to the same person... weird.. and sometimes the led for the soft keys won't light up.. but after a while it'll kinda "figure it's self out"

but yea.. how's it going?
  10. carbonnoid

carbonnoid New Member

ummm yah, chevys 1.25 and smoked glass theme, and my headset went out, i can talk to people, but people cant hear me, i have to use speaker phone. Anyone else have this problem?
  11. BayouFlyFisher

No anomalies so far. After six hours of flawless (should I say Bugless?) operation, I enabled JIT and hour ago and it's doing ok so far.
  12. pospower

pospower New Member

One good comment and one dislike.

One thing I loved about 1.1 is when you made a shortcut for a contact and clicked on it it gave you the choice of Phone Icon, Text, Icon, E-mail Icon etc. with this version it pulls up the entire contact. Just personal preference. I liked the way it was in 1.1. any patch for that?

What I like is the metamorph now seems to work on all parts of phone. that could be a metamorph fix though not sure.
  13. Mercutio

Mercutio New Member

Everything works well thus far.
  14. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

I've now had it running since about 12am last night (this morning?). Everything runs great. I am using Chevy's 1.25 kernel and the Smoked Glass patcher if anyone is wondering.

On a side note I finally removed Home++ after installing this ver and have to say it was a great choice. Like butter.
  15. carbonnoid

carbonnoid New Member

Just a quick question, how do I enable JIT. I fixed the problem. It does act up though, i have to give it a few minutes and a force close before it runs stable.
  16. BayouFlyFisher

I copied the following instructions from AllDroid - View topic - JIT for Droid

I didn't make a note as to from whom I copied it, but it's in the thread linked above. The first part (1 & 2) is not relevant as it dealt with Live Wallpapers. Here's the part that dealt with JIT: (he leaves out the need to press the Mount R/W and Mount R/O button in order to able to move these files to /system)

[FONT=&quot]3. I would nandroid backup at this point.

4. Download vmlibs.zip from t3hSteve post on this page [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=1673&start=50[/FONT][FONT=&quot] extract the files and put them in a folder on your droid sdcaard (I called JIT, make another folder inside the JIT folder called backup)

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Again I used root explorer at this point (thanks to boostdscoob)

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Go to "/system/bin" from root explorer, make a copy of "dalvikvm" (long press on the file and select copy), and paste that inside the "/sdcard/JIT/backup" you created.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Now in your "/sdcard/jit/bin" folder on the sdcard (from the extracted files you put on the sdcard at the beginning of this step) copy "dalvikvm" and past that in "/system/bin" overwrite the old file, long press the file, choose permissions and check everything.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Go to "/system/lib" and copy (one at a time) "libdvm.so" and "libnativehelper.so" and put them in your "/sdcard/JIT/backup" folder and copy the ones in "/sdcard/jit" to the "/system/lib"

5. In root explorer go to "/system" and longpress on "build.prop"
    - select "open in Text Editor"
    - Go all the way to the bottom of the file and add this line
    "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit"
    - Press the menu key on the phone and choose "save & Exit"

6. Reboot the phone

7. Do the *228 #1 after about 2 or so minutes do *228 #2 (some of this may not be necessary but I do it all the time after this stuff)

[/FONT]I have been doing this since I was able to run 7.7 with JIT enabled. Almost no one else could run that one. I think it was just luck that I was able to run it due to my love a having the snappiest phone possible. And due to that I have had animations turned off (menu/settings/sound&display/animations/None) for quite a while. I think that one thing made a difference. So, I have been able to run JIT enabled on all of Pete's non Beat roms (V1.0, V1.1 and now V1.2).

I also want to stress that you will see no "real world" difference with JIT enabled. The phone will do better on the short benchmark test, worse on the Long Benchmark test (Benchmark PI) and better on the Linpack test. But, that's just my opinion. I run JIT enabled because I am a benchmark junkie. My best linpack is 12.003 and my benchmark usually runs in the high 120's to high 130's. YMMV.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  17. phobic

phobic New Member

Does your voice search work? Several people, including myself, are getting FCs when we push the mic button on the search bar.
  18. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Voice search does not work. Also appears some games FC instantly too.
  19. BayouFlyFisher

This has been reported to Pete over on Alldroid. So hopefully he'll get a fix soon.
  20. jbernard703

jbernard703 New Member

I think it is unfair for anybody to complain about any bugs or lag or anything for that matter without installing via nandroid backup. If you install using update.zip you are not using a clean slate and most issues stem from that. Please if you have any issues with any ROMs, not just Pete's, nandroid it then go from there.