Rom bug got me in big trouble at work!

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Biggdogg76, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I love this ROM and have done nothing but praise it but as of this morning I may be going Vanilla for awhile. Somehow everyone on my favorites list
    was moved to the Black List. I dont use the Black List nor have I ever used a call blocker of any kind. Needless to say this did not have a good outcome. My boss is on my favorites list for easy access and was calling me for an emergency at work. I also do not know how long it was on either but now that I think about it my phone calls dropped off drastically this past week or two. Is there a known bug or a fix for this? If not I might have to uninstall my favorite ROM of all time!
  2. jawa6969

jawa6969 New Member

Where can one view said Black List? I would like to see if it's happening to me as well.
  3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

menu/settings/call settings/black list.

no numbers have ever appeared in my black list without me putting them there. i don't know why they would show up for you, unless they automatically get there if you "ignore" a call from a number a specified number of times...
  4. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

Not sure,the strange thing is it was my whole favorites list, I don't think there is even an option to do it by category or batch so I don't know why it would pick those numbers put of all my contacts though because I never ignore anyone in my favorites list. I saw this happen to someone else but I can't find the thread and I'm not sure if it was even on thus forum.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. bpassino

bpassino New Member

I read about this happening to someone else, maybe on MIUI, not sure though. No solution to my knowledge.
  6. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

This was happening to someone else in here.. theres a thread somewhere.. He was hitting the button he thought was to end the call but it was the blacklist button. So every time he ended a call with a new person, it black listed them from then on... i think.
  7. billyidle

billyidle New Member

I really don't like cytown. Having the blacklist button right next to the hangup button being one reason among many.
  8. mxnut

mxnut New Member

9. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

it happend to me back on 2.1 one time and i reinstalled the app to fix it back then. hasnt happend since
  10. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Not conducive to the thread

Bendy, don't do another post like this. It is not necessary and inflammatory. Neither of which are going to be tolerated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  11. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I didn't blame anything, I asked a question. I did not hit any button to add any numbers to the black list. I have my phone set to vibrate on hang up and the only way the hang up occurs is when the other person ends the call, I don't push the hang up button, I wait for the vibration and put the phone away. If you don't have a solution then I suggest you do not respond, Thank you

12. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I forget to quote your ignorant response before I typed my reply. Just so you know, my last post was for you.

13. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

Thanks for the quick response, I'm going to keep my eye on the Black List for now to be sure it doesn't happen again. Please do not take offense to my OP, the headline was meant as a question to grab attention so I could find a fix quickly. I LOVE THIS ROM, WITHOUT A DOUBT IT IS THE BEST I HAVE USED ON MY Droid SINCE DAY 1, thanks again for all of your hard work!
  14. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

biggdogg, are you using the new call screen that requires you to touch the menu to get the options for hang up, dialpad, etc.? If so, and you're using the key on the top right to hang up, that button actually sends any call you hang up on using it to the blacklist. The actual hang up button is the one below that one. To prevent that, go into Settings>Call settings, scroll down and check In-call touch UI. That will get you back to the normal call screen and no more calls will be sent to the blacklist unless you want them there.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  15. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

wow, he puts contacts on the blacklist, calls it a rom bug and my post gets edited? how bout change the subject of this post to "user error gets me in trouble at work?"

imagine you're trying a new rom, you come to a forum and you see that this rom was released with a bug that puts people on the blacklist without me knowing.....definitely will skip over this one.....

jeeeze, how bout support the dev not someone who blows a mistake they made out of proportion.
  16. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I'm sorry to inform you that there was NO USER ERROR involved and your comment was of no help. If you read the thread you would see that the ROM Developer experienced this same problem on a different build but fixed it and had not experienced the problem again. It is possible that my Droid could have this problem too, all phones are not the same. If there is a way to send the log to the Developer I would be glad to if it would help, if I am the only one with the problem then I dont see it necessary for them to waste their time looking through it. THE ROM IS THE BEST ROM I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY DROID. NO questions asked! One feature I love is the ability to have the call vibrate on hangup, that way I wait for the vibration and then put the phone in its case, I DO NOT HIT ANY BUTTONS TO END THE CALL!!! Thats the beauty! Also you were using profanity so that is probably the reason your post was deleted. Just so you know, I give donations to any developer that has a PayPal donate button and I use their software, be it ROMS, Themes or Apps. I am a firm believer in supporting all the great developers in the Android community that have made my Droid the sweetest piece of hardware I have ever owned!
  17. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

long pressing on end call for too long adds the number to black list to my experience. Maybe you pushed the button to end call and held it for too long.
  18. Zepius

Zepius New Member

do you enjoy being hateful? i think you do

the guy had an issue and is trying to inquire about it and if there is a fix or anything. let him ask his question.

as far as the OP, i havent had the issue, but i enabled the in call UI and i dont have favorites setup. maybe it has something to do with only favorites?
  19. CDH

CDH New Member

I had a similar issue when first put the rom on, or it may have been 4.1..don't remember. I noticed every time my wife would call I wouldn't know it until I got a voicemail. I think it had put her on blacklist. I think it had to do with the cytown deal. Probably put her on list by accident...now think about it that list may be handy...Anyway, reflashed, selected the call UI setting in phone settings and have had no problems since.
  20. mxnut

mxnut New Member

There was an earlier issue with a guy whose wife was mad because of this very thing so you aren't the only one. My wife also ended up on my blacklist early with this ROM. I actually had 3 numbers on there when I realized what was going on. I assumed it was tied to the cytown dialer because when I changed it to the stock UI it has not happened again. It made me wonder if calls I had missed were automatically sent to the blacklist when using that dialer. I wasn't fond of the cytown so I haven't looked back.