[ROM] [ROM BETA TESTERS ONLY] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 Build GPA16

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 25, 2011.

1. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Alot changed in this 2.3.4 update and as you can see it requires a lot more cpu now. Im still reconfiguring kernels and seeing what I can do before I just say screw it and resolve to overclocking.

2. merrittj1989

merrittj1989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That post just made me want to get the newer data fix working on gpa15! Haha. Is that possible? Just curious I run 15 on my main phone and 16 on an old one for testing. Data working on a stable release would be sweet!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    Still having screen draw issues. They were good for awhile but went back

4. Caleb Cwach

Caleb Cwach New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Boot animation.

I love having the classing Droid boot animation, but since this is a GPA ROM, you should have the Nexus boot animation. I know it's little, but it would make sense, sorta.. I dunno. It is your ROM, you make it how you please. :D

dancedroid

5. Caleb Cwach

Caleb Cwach New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Micro-USB Mount Not Working..

When I plug my phone into my laptop, it receives power, the light next to the power appears but there is no mount USB option or USB debugging option.

6. Caleb Cwach

Caleb Cwach New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Slayher's 1000mhz Kernel set to MAX: 1000mhz MIN: 550mhz works out great.

7. drhrr

drhrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

Updating now that I've been running the 05/31 build for almost 3 days now.

* Solid feel and response (not to be confused with speed of response)
    - This remains so, quite happy that it hasn't been broken
    * First time I tried Voice/Video chat it worked, but then rebooted the phone (subsequent use when off without any problem, although sucks that we don't get a front-facing cam :p)
    - The robotic voice still happening about 10 mins into a voice conf.
    * Music app does not "cache" album artwork so it slows down scrolling on large music collection
    - Well it is fixed now! Guess it wasn't an app related fix as I saw that 5/31 build came with 3.0.0 and it was working properly, updated to 3.0.1 and still working perfectly!
    * Unable to see "random" and "repeat" buttons on song playback screen (yes even after selecting the option to have them appear)
    - Fixed on 3.0.1!!! :D
    * Gallery on first load was a tad slow, however once all snips had been created, response time is good and the 3D effect is more noticeable
    - Much improved and I'd say it was a good 10% faster than first build.
    * Scrolling home screens is slow to respond
    - Although improved, some screen redraws happen from time to time, or sometimes no response until 5~7secs passed.
    * 3G response time is VERY good and I certainly did notice a change in reception on the change from being GSM to CDMA config (might just be me imagining things)
    - STILL WORKING FLAWLESSLY
    * Have made/received about 5 calls and all of them were pretty clear and no "speakerphone" issues happened
    Speakerphone call, only happened once and so far call quality has been flawless
    * when listening to music and screen "off", the transition has a couple of "cuts", I am attributing this to the "clockdown" the processor does and the change in profile to conserve energy
    - This has been fixed! Quite happy and listened to a good 5~6hrs of music, only times it still skips is when doing multiple things (ie. browsing, checking phone settings, opening contacts, checking LinkedIn, FB, etc) but only skips for about 1 second and then goes back to normal.
    * After about 2-3 mins of listening to music, it "cuts out" for bout 1 second and then continues, again, I'm guessing another change in profile or clockdown
    - This is still happening
    * Wake up does present a delay as many have mentioned
    - Still slow to respond and presenting some lag as well when receiving an incoming call
    * Turning off the screen sometimes also is slow to respond or is choppy
    - Still quite noticeable, maybe we could do without the "screen closing" effect? I love that effect, but really if it will help avoid this I'm all for it, or just leave a "toggle" for this.
    * Video sound and recording
    - This suffered a step back as I am now unable to record with sound :(. Hopefully this can be nitpicked in the next build?

There was a HUGE issue that only presented itself once. I had to borrow a charger (not USB, direct from the power outlet) from a friend that has a Droid X. But then while charging, the screen response was way off, as in I was pointing at the "soft buttons" and it was detecting my input as if I was at the middle of the screen! After 2 reboots it came back to normal though... Was scary, thought that the voltage from the charger was off or something and I had killed my Droid :'(!!! Just sharing in case it ever happens to anyone...

That's that what I have so far!

8. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    I'm having a lot of memory issues. Apps rarely stay in memory. I just clicked home to clear a notification and my music app restarted. Not to mention the launcher refresh like crazy!

9. drhrr

drhrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete, I'm not very savvy in regards to memory management in the Android structure, but is there a way we could have a pagefile? This could alleviate some of the memory issues that the OGD is starting to have with the new builds.

Just my .02

10. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    There's an app that pete used to test newer memory settings. I can't remember the name but if you know how to work it you can play with it.

11. bigred747

bigred747 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Screen on off lag/music skipping

For those of you having issues with your screen turning on being delayed, or your music skipping when you unlock your phone, try corcor67's kernel from rom manager. I didn't think these issues were kernel related, but after trying his kernel, these problems were fixed. His kernel is just a mod of petes kernel. Use the smartmod governor. Give this a shot, because my gpa16 is running great after this.

12. guti79_99

guti79_99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking on trying this. However, since this is a BETA, I just want to follow and report everything I see as is. I think what is killing me the most is the delay of the screen. That still persist even on the last beta build. The phone rings, and you watch your screen and pray to it to come up quick so you can answer it. I got this morning a call and I answer it and the speaker was on even though the speaker light was turned off. Not very concern about it, but I just wanted to point that out too.
    3G data is stable and I have not see yet loosing 3G connection yet. Now, if we could add this fix to the GPA15, GPA15 will be so far one of the greatest GPA builds so far.

Anyway, I am sticking to what pete asked us to do. However, if people installed the Kernel and problems are fixed, that will give Pete an idea of what is causing the problem so he can do some research.

Droid 1
    GPA16 beta
    No kernels installed. (other than the one provided in GPA16)
    Did a wipe out cacha, data a davik before installing GPA16.

Search tags for this page
android 2.3.4 download
baixar rom stock com android 2.3.4
fm radio stock gingerbread

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4 download

gingerbreak apk 2.3.5 download

gingerbreak.apk 2.3.4

stock android 2.3.4 rom

stock android browser 2.3 apk

stock gingerbread email apk