[ROM] [ROM BETA TESTERS ONLY] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 Build GPA16

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 25, 2011.

1. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone else notice the camera makes noise on start up?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea..... this is a stock ROM and not part of BB so he has it set to make noise. When BB comes out there should be an option to turn it off.......... i hope

3. AndyMan

AndyMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The camera noise is because of the gtalk video chat I believe...

4. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's right I believe I read that in some of the gpa15 posts sorry I forgot about that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not part of the Beta team but giving it a whirl. I generally use the hell out of my phone on a daily basis so if something isn't working or borked I will find out pretty quickly. The only thing being changed is the launcher to Launcher Pro, Dolphin 5 Beta 2 and Handcent for messaging, that's it. Everything else will remain stock and used including the kernel.

6. lament

lament New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just answered the phone and it went to speaker phone.. but I never selected speakerphone and it isn't hightlighted.

Also having no audio on videos like the others.

7. thedroidgeek

thedroidgeek New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the rom seems to be working well for the most part. I am also having the issue where the screen takes a second or two to come back from being asleep. Lastly, GPA16 seems more "choppy" than 15. I dont know another way to explain it except that animations and clicking on menus doesn't seem as smooth.

8. drhrr

drhrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I've been a follower of Pete's work for over a year now and I'm very happy that he is still developing for an "aging" device that keeps it going against the most hardware aggressive devices available on the market.

Anyways, getting onto the good stuff. Installed beta last night, loaded all apps so that I can really gauge the performance between GPA15 and GPA16. My first impressions and some feedback:

* Solid feel and response (not to be confused with speed of response)
    * First time I tried Voice/Video chat it worked, but then rebooted the phone (subsequent use when off without any problem, although sucks that we don't get a front-facing cam :p)
    * Music app does not "cache" album artwork so it slows down scrolling on large music collection
    * Unable to see "random" and "repeat" buttons on song playback screen (yes even after selecting the option to have them appear)
    * Gallery on first load was a tad slow, however once all snips had been created, response time is good and the 3D effect is more noticeable
    * Scrolling home screens is slow to respond
    * 3G response time is VERY good and I certainly did notice a change in reception on the change from being GSM to CDMA config (might just be me imagining things)
    * Have made/received about 5 calls and all of them were pretty clear and no "speakerphone" issues happened
    * when listening to music and screen "off", the transition has a couple of "cuts", I am attributing this to the "clockdown" the processor does and the change in profile to conserve energy
    * After about 2-3 mins of listening to music, it "cuts out" for bout 1 second and then continues, again, I'm guessing another change in profile or clockdown
    * Wake up does present a delay as many have mentioned
    * Turning off the screen sometimes also is slow to respond or is choppy

That's that what I have so far!

9. spugemaster

spugemaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Working well

On first boot I couldn't hear anything when I received a call, so I rebooted and it was working afterwards. I heard this previously mentioned so I'm not concerned.

I haven't had a single issue with wifi/3g. Seems to be running pretty smooth. Thanks for the hardwork pete!

10. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    So after playing Crazy snowboard (which was a little laggy but that could be an issue with the game more than the ROM) and exiting the game the screen redraw took just a little too long. As of right now GPA16 is really good and I think only minor adjustments need to be made. For the most part the responsiveness is excellent! Once a stable build of this ROM is released I'll probably use higher CPU OC settings, but for the purposes of this beta I'll keep it where it is.

• As others have mentioned the screen on from sleep takes slightly longer than it used to but only about a fraction of a second longer.

• Maps & Navigation work well.

• Video works fairly well, very slight choppiness, but no audio in videos

..Will report more later...

Nice work on this Pete :i-m_so_happy:

11. Atsttich

Atsttich New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, haven't had many issues with this build, only problem I've run into is on phone calls, making or receiving, I have no audio at all. It doesn't go to speaker as one person said, just have no audio. Aside from that, very solid build thusfar.

Edit: upon rebooting my phone it seems to work now

12. dpw2atox

dpw2atox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Overall the build seems to work pretty well, however twice now I have had my phone slow down to what feels like a grinding halt and my 3g icon goes white. The first time switching to airplane mode and back fixed it however the 2nd time a reboot was required to get everything running properly.

Search tags for this page
android 2.3.4 download
baixar rom stock com android 2.3.4
fm radio stock gingerbread

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4 download

gingerbreak apk 2.3.5 download

gingerbreak.apk 2.3.4

stock android 2.3.4 rom

stock android browser 2.3 apk

stock gingerbread email apk