[ROM] [ROM BETA TESTERS ONLY] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 Build GPA16

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 25, 2011.

1. Bretski169

Bretski169 New Member

are you making like 1000 calls a day or something? I havnt once lost 3g yet on gpa16. the 3g issue I have noticed with most current gb roms out right now is a non issue. But I dont know THATS JUST ME:icon_ banana:
  2. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

+1 3g has been better on gpa16 for me than on stock froyo. Great work Pete.
  3. chief10rules

chief10rules New Member

No 3G issues at all since GPA15

No issues with 3G since GPA15. I make about 35 calls a day and medium use of Internet on my OG Droid.
  4. DocWalt

DocWalt Member

GPA 16 has been perfect for me in regards to 3G.
  5. dharbit

dharbit New Member

3g bug is gone for me as well

I haven't experienced this bug for all of the July Builds
  6. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

So, what bugs do people even have at this point?

Auto brightness works and a myriad of other bugs are resolved.
  7. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

How does the camera work? On every GB Build I've tried, the camera app consistently freezes, FCs, or locks up the phone requiring a battery pull...
  8. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Pete

Auto brightness works perfectly but I have some notifications that aren't blinking. Phone NOT on silent today and it still happens.
  9. ts14

ts14 New Member

I have been experiencing random radio lockups for the entire GPA16 beta, but they have gotten much better. To be clear: I get the grey signal bars and 3g logo. I can disable data/3g but can't put the phone into airplane mode to try to cycle the radio. I don't have anything to point to that would be causing it either.

I have experienced freezes while browsing but uninstalling Flash seems to have taken care of that.

On GPA16 7/10, Dalvik wiped, stock kernel.
  10. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

No, I'm not making 1000 calls. I'm not even doing anything actually.

The only time that the 3G issue is a problem is when I enter an area that has no service (like going underground for the subway, which I take to work everyday) and then coming back out in an area where there is supposed to be service (above ground, clear blue sky). The 3G NEVER kicks back in. Sometimes all I get are the white bars, with no 3G icon, like when you make a call. Sometimes I get a white colored 3G icon with the white bars, which also means no 3G (at first, i thought this just meant 1X speed but that's not the case). In both scenarios, the green colored 3G icon never comes back, unless I either switch airplane mode on and off, switch wifi on and off, or reboot the phone.

I'm also not the only person having this issue. The people that are having it though are in the few I'm sure, as no one has stepped up and said anything. Maybe this is why Gingerbread is never going to be released officially for the Droid 1. Some sort of hardware flaw maybe in certain handsets that is not up to par. I have no idea. But either way, this is frustrating. I'm going to have to try another Gingerbread rom to see if it happens still.
  11. apockoffork

apockoffork New Member

To be honest this may not be a gpa issue specifically. I've have this issue on BB 6.2 and 6.21 almost every day. I'm pretty sure I had it before BB 6.2. It may be something in firmware for the radio.

I usually see it after having negligible signal then no signal followed by what should be signal but nothing.

As a disclaimer I'm not running gpa 16.
  12. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

That's weird because I've never had this issue before. Not on BB roms or any other roms. I've never seen this issue until I started using Pete's GPA Gingerbread roms.
  13. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

Knock on wood. Ive had the same issues with all gingerbread roms in the past. What happen to me is i accidentally erased my sd and at that point, since i completely erased everything i did multiple erases and resets 3 to 4. Then wiped everything several times. And this rom is screaming. No 3g issues nothing. Absolutely no issues. 3g comes back instantly. Everything syncs. So i recommend wipe your phone to bare bones. I mean wipe it like you never owned it, take sd card out format the whole 9 yards. I know it sucks to redo everything but worth it. Happy with my stock gingerbread. Besides if you take your phone into the store to get it fixed this is what they do. Have to treat every rom install the same. Also I've used titanium back up to restore. NO problems.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  14. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

Hmmm...I'll have to try this then. How did you wipe your SD card? Any special way? Or just format it regularly like any other sd card or usb drive?
  15. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

Only thing i done was wipe on accident - sdcard. Then i went ahead and wiped everything like normal data cache system dalvik battery sdcard then reboot. Repeated 3 times. Works for me. Im sure some will disagree but if im happy with my phone thats all that matters. Lol.

Edit: also pulled battery between reboots.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  16. letinsh

letinsh New Member

I'm running the 7/10 build unmodified and this is what I've found so far:

-Same LED notification issue: it shows missed texts (via handcent) but not missed calls.

-Same phone lockup issue, though not the "stuck on vibrate" with this build. I can answer the call and converse, but the phone stays on the "incoming call" screen. Sometimes it just gives me the popup saying that the phone function is not responding and asks me if I want to Wait, Force Close, or Report.

-The one that caught me by surprise happened this morning. I use the stock Clock app as my alarm clock. You can set the alarm, but when it comes time to go off, the phone silences the alarm automatically. The status bar says the alarm went off, but was silenced automatically and never audibly rang. I tested this several times after that and it did the same thing.

Great work, Pete, keeping the OG current!

My $.02

EDIT: I don't know if it's been brought up, but the low battery LED notification does work, fwiw...
  17. peteypauls

peteypauls New Member

Same issue here.

Same issue here. Never before GPA. Still running GPA15.

18. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

Confirmed.

Missed calls and then google voice notifications don't fire off the LED light reliably.
  19. SkeezmoeBrown

SkeezmoeBrown New Member

I've been following this thread for a while but have never posted but i wanted to give my 2 cents on some of the GB/GPA issues. i've been using GPA since GPA12 and didn't start experiencing the phone dialer vibrate issues or the 3g drop issues until about GPA14. I had so much trouble with these issues on GPA15 that i stayed on 14 until the 6/26 build of GPA16.

i know this this thread is not the place to say this but i've been using the 6/26 (full wipe twice) and now the 7/10 build (just dalvik wipe) with chevyNo1's LV 1ghz kernal and i have no issues whatsoever. 3g and wifi always re-connect in seconds even after getting off of the metro and i have not experienced the phone dialer issue once whereas it used to be a constant issue on previous builds using pete's v0.2 and 0.1 kernels. i use jrummy's android overclock and have it clocked to 800mhz. I haven't yet tried petes v0.3 kernels yet because i don't want to mess with a good thing. i'm only saying this to say maybe these issues are kernel related and stock 600mhz simply isn't powerful enough to handle the GB load.

the only issue i have now is the missed call notification which isn't so bad if u remember to check your phone every so often. thanks for keeping my og droid rockin pete and sorry for not following the rules.
  20. zoomy942

zoomy942 New Member

I see what you are saying. I'll try 800 for the rest of the day and see if the missed call ad sms notifications are more reliable.
Search tags for this page

android 2.3.4 download

android 4.2.2 status bar apk download

download stock rom gingerbread 2.3.4

email apk 2.3 4

email apk android 2.3.5

fm radio stock gingerbread

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4

gingerbreak apk 2.3.4 download

gingerbreak apk 2.3.5 download

gingerbreak.apk 2.3.4

stock android 2.3.4 rom