[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Somehow I do not have my contacts, there is no sync with gmail option in the gmail so I am not sure how to get them back.... Guys (and girls) let me know how do I get my contacts back?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Its not under the "account" section for the google account at all to 'sync contacts'.

Karix and others who are having issues with the contacts not being available: For now how i plan to take care of this is to go back to one of my nandroid backup and then save the contacts to my SD card. Come back to the backup of Fenom and import the contacts here... If you need step by step instructions let me know I will add them here....

Dear all: Until Fenuxx fixes this or gives us a way around; If there is an alternate way to get the contacts please increase my knowledge!!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have pmed him already I am guessing it is something he removed from the framework no big deal

joeyx2

Reaction score
Will we not get are gmail to? It looks like google is not syncing at all on it.

magnetar68

Reaction score
This is my first android phone, my first root and my first rom. Honestly, the process was pretty easy. So far everything works for me: contacts, corporate email, calendar, apps. It's great. One stupid noobie question: this is gingerbread right? Andoid 2.4.something, right? I noticed that in settings it says 2.2.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Will we not get are gmail to? It looks like google is not syncing at all on it.

For me the only issue is the contacts and the Gmail as such is syncing, may be you do not have to sync in the settings. Go to settings and make sure 'sync Gmail' is checked in there.... I am trying to get the contacts back on so will update once it is done!!!:icon_ banana:

sid_wisc

Reaction score
This is my first android phone, my first root and my first rom. Honestly, the process was pretty easy. So far everything works for me: contacts, corporate email, calendar, apps. It's great. One stupid noobie question: this is gingerbread right? Andoid 2.4.something, right? I noticed that in settings it says 2.2.

How did you get the contacts to sync!!!!!!! that is weird it did not happen for me....

BTW this is only themed gingerbread and is not a gingerbread ROM... and is still Froyo (2.2) I am sorry to break that to you....

fiveball02

Reaction score
I tried importing contacts from sd card and from sim card. It showed them importing but contacts shows nothing.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I tried importing contacts from sd card and from sim card. It showed them importing but contacts shows nothing.

Same is happening with me... I am not sure why but ideally that should not happen....I am working on it and will update if that is successful...

Karix

Reaction score
Somehow I do not have my contacts, there is no sync with gmail option in the gmail so I am not sure how to get them back.... Guys (and girls) let me know how do I get my contacts back?

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Its not under the "account" section for the google account at all to 'sync contacts'.

Karix and others who are having issues with the contacts not being available: For now how i plan to take care of this is to go back to one of my nandroid backup and then save the contacts to my SD card. Come back to the backup of Fenom and import the contacts here... If you need step by step instructions let me know I will add them here....

Dear all: Until Fenuxx fixes this or gives us a way around; If there is an alternate way to get the contacts please increase my knowledge!!

Yeah the way I did it was went to Gmail on my PC, exported the contacts from there and imported them to my phone manually that way, its a little easier than doing the new backup etc, but....

The same thing that is happening to fiveball here is happening to me... :|

fiveball02

Reaction score
I restored back to fission for now. Once contacts are working I will give it another shot

joeyx2

Reaction score

Maybe its because u came from stock is why yours works. Im at work so anyone playing around with this and can't get contacts to work try to SPF to. 330 and see what happens. Also did u wipe data/cache?

Sid_Wisc I did go to setting and tried to sync and got nothing. The sync symbol would pop up for only a second and would say that my gmail was not synced. That was more of a question about gmail as I did not stay on it long enough to see if a gmail would come through.

magnetar68

Reaction score
Maybe its because u came from stock is why yours works. Im at work so anyone playing around with this and can't get contacts to work try to SPF to. 330 and see what happens. Also did u wipe data/cache?

Sid_Wisc I did go to setting and tried to sync and got nothing. The sync symbol would pop up for only a second and would say that my gmail was not synced. That was more of a question about gmail as I did not stay on it long enough to see if a gmail would come through.

Yes, I did the wipe/factory reset. When I first booted the phone it walked me through the initial setup. I said I had a Google account. I put in my full email address "[email protected]." I believe there was a check box that asked if I wanted to synch with google contacts and I said yes. Then it synched everything.

magnetar68

Reaction score
BTW this is only themed gingerbread and is not a gingerbread ROM... and is still Froyo (2.2) I am sorry to break that to you....

That makes more sense. The two main things that annoyed me with my stock phone are fixed. (1) My unlock slide was sticky and usually took a few swipes to unlock. This version is much more reliable for some reason. (2) Switching between my corporate email and Yahoo email was a pain. These was no easy way to switch between the two. This may have been a configuration issue, but this ROM let's you click on the name of the account in the top right to switch email clients or get a combined view. I did not seem to have that in the stock email client.

Alcia

Reaction score
I have to say, this works great! Everything is syncing except for contacts and calendar. The one person who's had it work came from full stock, so I might try and SBF, update, and full reinstall sometime to see what happens.

Still, nice, lightweight, fast. Really liking it!

Status
Not open for further replies.