[ROM] ||ROM| |AXI0M v2.4 | |APEX V5 KERNEL | |1/6/2012|

ænyoc

Reaction score
I say we all throw in a nomination for Mod of the month if you haven't already. His roms were the first stable ones I could run on my GNex and not worry if it would work. His bugs were few and far between, never major IMO, and he had fast releases to address the few issues that did pop-up here or there. From what I remember seeing, he always gave credit where credit was due and that's more than I can say for some other roms I ran on my D1. You can vote at the bottom of the OP.

DroidTh3ory, if you're reading this, know that you have a HUGE fanbase and we're with you 100%. I'll be checking for Axi0m 2.5 from you probably as long as I own my Nexus, in hopes that you'll return. However, I understand not wanting to deal with shenanigans when it takes the fun out of your hobby. If you ever have a change of heart, we'll be here with unlocked phones, ready to welcome you back. Good luck DT, we wish you the best!

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
I havn't bothered flashing any custom ROMS yet on my Gnex. But I will admit this ROM did have me interested.

IMO you should do what makes you happy DT developer! If you enjoy developing this ROM and posting for other people to use then do it. Who cares what anyone else says. Why give those few who don't have an appreciation for your work any satisfaction. Ignore them and speak to the people who like your work. Whatever you decide as you say Rock On!

scott62185

Reaction score
I say we all throw in a nomination for Dev of the month if you haven't already. His roms were the first stable ones I could run on my GNex and not worry if it would work. His bugs were few and far between, never major IMO, and he had fast releases to address the few issues that did pop-up here or there. From what I remember seeing, he always gave credit where credit was due and that's more than I can say for some other roms I ran on my D1. You can vote at the bottom of the OP.

DroidTh3ory, if you're reading this, know that you have a HUGE fanbase and we're with you 100%. I'll be checking for Axi0m 2.5 from you probably as long as I own my Nexus, in hopes that you'll return. However, I understand not wanting to deal with shenanigans when it takes the fun out of your hobby. If you ever have a change of heart, we'll be here with unlocked phones, ready to welcome you back. Good luck DT, we wish you the best!

I don't see where to nominate him for dev of the month...

ænyoc

Reaction score
Typo, I meant Mod of the Month, not Dev. On your computer, or from your mobile browser, but from desktop mode. Go to the first post in this thread. Under everything DT wrote, there is a section that looks like:

Show Your Support
  • Thank you for supporting this modification -> Click to Mark as Uninstalled.
  • Thank you for supporting this modification -> Click to Clear Nomination from Modification of the Month.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Except if you haven't marked the rom as installed, it will say "Mark as Installed." in red, and if you haven't nominated it yet, it will say "Click to Nominate for Modification of the Month."

Last edited:

scott62185

Reaction score
Typo, I meant Mod of the Month, not Dev. On your computer, or from your mobile browser, but from desktop mode. Go to the first post in this thread. Under everything DT wrote, there is a section that looks like:

Show Your Support

• Thank you for supporting this modification -> Click to Mark as Uninstalled.
  • Thank you for supporting this modification -> Click to Clear Nomination from Modification of the Month.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Except if you haven't marked the rom as installed, it will say "Mark as Installed." in read, and if you haven't nominated it yet, it will say "Click to Nominate for Modification of the Month."

Okay, got it. I guess I already marked as installed and nominated him for mod of the month!

Please don't leave us Droid Th3ory!!!

otter34

Reaction score
Thread is back open I see. Well good luck and thanks. I'm sure you will be happier without the drama

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Ok, I just got my G-Nex yesterday and with all the postive responses and support for your ROM's, I was going to make this my first ROM. That is until you announced you're no longer going to be developing for it...

I have no interest in flashing a ROM thats no longer going to be supported or developed for....especially with ICS only being in its infancy.

Now...I don't know who said what, or what they accused you of doing or not doing, but i assume it's something similar to the blackdroid fiasco. Seriously dude, grow up! you said so yourself that you do it for the love of it and seek nothing more than personal enjoyment and that others appreciate (and enjoy) your work...You got both AND MORE. Look around you bro, you've accumulated a mass following for your ROMS...

Like everyone else has already said...Jealousy will always breed resentment. Nothing makes this more evident than when so called "
colleagues" turns against you. What do you really expect when you both are competiting for that same fan-base? and what do you expect when you start to shine brighter? Jealousy is a b*tch, but that doesn't mean you need to be...stay loyal to the people & things that matter...

YOURSELF AND YOUR USERS!!!

Last edited:

x25064

Reaction score
Just flashed 2.4 and its bittersweet really. I didn't think my gnex could get better til I flashed this rom.. and DT is now gone.

:-/

GoBears

Reaction score
Dammit, I'm just finding out about this now. DT I've tried all the other roms but always went back to yours. You always seem to put just right touches and mods that I want into your roms. I for one will sorely miss your work. Been using your stuff since the Bionic and now on Axiom my GNex is rocking. Wish I knew what the h3ll happened but I guess it really doesn't matter now. If you do leave the scene, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in everything you do. Thank you so much for everything you've given us and never asked for anything in return.

:frown:GoBears:frown:

T6D16C84

Reaction score
To the person(s) responsible for calling DT a "copycat" or claiming he "stole ideas" from an OPEN SOURCE community, congratulations. You are now as close to being an apple/iPhone fanboy/owner as you can possibly become without physically owning one of their devices. Steve Jobs would be proud!

You have become the embodiment of EXACTLY why Android was designed and developed in the first place. A whiny ego maniacal person who cries foul at the slightest sign of creative competition. The community of developers is weaker as a whole with a person (or persons) like you in it.

Please take all Android devices you currently own/develop for and place them on eBay/Craigslist. Take the funds you earn from the appropriate sales and purchase an iPhone 4S. I'm sure you'll LOVE Siri, oh and as an added bonus you won't have to worry about anyone "stealing" your ideas over there as the idea of competition and development doesn't exist in that world. I'm sure you'll fit right in!!

DT, I haven't been an avid flasher of roms in my Android life (which started on the day the OG Droid was released). I purchased the Galaxy Nexus due to the hardware profile it provided and the idea that it would remain a relevant phone in Google's eyes for the foreseeable future. However, I took the plunge with Axiom and couldn't be a happier GN owner. The levels to which your ROM pushed this phone while still maintaining stability/performance and battery life are unbelievable. I applaud you sir for having the maturity and the ability to take the high road in this scenario and just take yourself away from the naysayers. However, I am saddened by your decision to allow the naysayers and the whiners to push you out. I will keep running 2.4 as it is the fastest and most stable ROM I have played with to date. If you ever decide to let the haters hate and do what you do best I'll be anxiously awaiting 2.5!!

Thanks!

droid fetish

Reaction score
"off with their heads" everyone who was involved with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martytoo

Reaction score
"off with their heads" everyone who was involved with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twenty years hard labor!

Then what?

Then we kill 'em.

(Quoting AA Vozey circa 1970)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid fetish

Reaction score
always remember you cant fix STUPID! you can only adjust it slightly. DT you will be missed!!!

captdroid

Reaction score
always remember you cant fix STUPID! you can only adjust it slightly. DT you will be missed!!!

Ya and remember "Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." :D