[ROM] ||ROM| |AXI0M v2.4 | |APEX V5 KERNEL | |1/6/2012|

mtnbst

Reaction score
I was wondering how facebook sync worked as well. There's still no facebook account to add in settings > accounts. Not 100% sure I want facebook sync, but it was nice that it grabbed fb photos. Didn't like how it made multiple accounts for the same people. So a) how do you get fb sync to work, and b) is there someway to merge contacts?

I use haxsync, it works well

http://market.android.com/details?id=org.mots.haxsync

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
My battery life isnt too good. Can anyone show me their underclock and overclock settings they have set up?I haven't experimented with that at all. Also is the interactive governor the preferable choice or are people using other governors for the kernel?

Not sure if it applies to 2.4, but after I loaded 2.3 my battery life was still horrible. Thru some reading I found that the problem with stock ICS being so bad on battery had to do with something in the camera not shutting off when the phone went to sleep. Primarily when the power button was pressed to put the phone to sleep. You can check in settings > Battery > Android OS you would have a large keep awake time. If the screen went to sleep on its own it wasn't a problem. I tested it and it did seem to be true. Supposedly this was fixed in 2.3, but someone said they had the same problem (with it not fixing), and they had to re-load the OS, so I tried it and it fixed it for me. 2.4 might have fixed the fix, don't know, but I know my battery is now WAY improved, pretty much double what I was getting.

If you're not seeing great battery life improvement I would venture to guess this is your problem.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I was wondering how facebook sync worked as well. There's still no facebook account to add in settings > accounts. Not 100% sure I want facebook sync, but it was nice that it grabbed fb photos. Didn't like how it made multiple accounts for the same people. So a) how do you get fb sync to work, and b) is there someway to merge contacts?

this is how I use it. I wasn't able to get the standard FB app to snyc right. Even though I clicked sync with existing. It would still sync all. With Friend caster I was able to only sync with existing. After you do that. You can go in to your contacts and if you cluck menu, then edit to edit the contact. Once you are there. You can click the menu button again and there is a join and desperate option. So if the sync didn't properly sync with the right person you can correct it.

mtnbst

Reaction score
Why is my keep awake time so high? Can I manipulate this?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is my keep awake time so high? Can I manipulate this?

As noted in a lot threads on a lot of forums, there are some phones that have a problem with the Android OS and the "Keep Awake" time. There seems to be an issue with some phones not truly going to sleep when the power button is used to turn off the screen as opposed to letting the screen turn off automatically when the screen times out. This results in a very high time in the Settings/Battery/Android OS/Keep Awake menu.

Here's what the kernel dev Franco says:

Originally Posted by franciscofranco
Hi everyone.

Important stuff:
About the battery I want you people to test this: Reboot your phone, then after it booted up open up Camera, then close it. I think we have the same bug as we had on the NS. Google Talk Video version opens the camera during boot and its sensor gets fired up and since the camera isn't closed the sensor just stays there open in the background wasting battery like there was no tomorrow. Opening and closing the Camera after booting up closes the sensor and then the GN enters in Sleep mode just fine (easy to check with Cpu Spy). If more people can confirm my initial testing then we may "have" found one of the possible battery drains when the phone is idle.

For me the solution was to check out a lot of rom and I found two that helped me eliminate this problem. Axiom and aokp both work for me.

Good luck.

mtnbst

Reaction score
As noted in a lot threads on a lot of forums, .

Sorry for not scouring the threads before my post. I thank you for the info, I followed the steps and I am down to 1 minute vs over an hour.
I guess this is why I don't post over at xda.. Thanks for going easy on me:)

Reaction score
No one mentioned why the DL links or the Th3ory link doesnt work. I was going to give this a shot. Any idea when or where we will be able to get this again?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recommend installing IMO 1.5.1 exp kernel and jakebites tweak scripts... then run swapswitch and Zram too! Super fast and superb battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Theory disappeared. Hope he's not throwing in the towel

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I recommend installing IMO 1.5.1 exp kernel and jakebites tweak scripts... then run swapswitch and Zram too! Super fast and superb battery life

Can the kernal and script be found on root wiki or somewhere else since they aren't here?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can the kernal and script be found on root wiki or somewhere else since they aren't here?

Yes. There is a typo in jakes mod. I can fix it but u could in root explorer or even notepad on PC before u flash it. Its in last few pages of imos thread on rootzwiki