[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Guys, the VZW website launching has nothing to do with the ROM you're running, it's that stupid Moto helper software on your computer.

Next time it happens, go into your taskbar, find the blue M, right click, on the option that says "When Plugged In", change from launch Vcast to do nothing.

Tesler32

Reaction score
Hey has anyone else gotten the MTKB back on this ROM. I love the GB AOSP keyboard but its just too damn small for my fingers. If anyone has it can they shoot up a link or something. Thanks

lurch81

Reaction score
I am in love with this rom, but like it's been stated battery is horrible but I believe that is all gingerbread roms even stock. But anyway great work Fab! cannot wait for RC2 and official release :D

turdbogls

Reaction score
I am in love with this rom, but like it's been stated battery is horrible but I believe that is all gingerbread roms even stock. But anyway great work Fab! cannot wait for RC2 and official release :D
i see this all the time, but i actually have Great battery life.
i got 14hrs and i was still at 40%.
made about 30 minutes worth of calls, 5 or so texts, in and out of wifi networks, 10 minutes of navigation, tons of twitter/FB checking and forum checking, updated a couple of apps. played music for about 30 minutes. pretty heavy use by me and it kept on chugging. i actually TRIED to kill the battery (to reset battery stats) in the lats 2 hours of the day and could only get it down to 20% before i passed out for the night.

lev

Reaction score
Super nice. Love it.

I don't see the the browser leaving any entry in the recent apps list. So I can never switch back to it after I switch to another app.

metadroid

Reaction score
yeah i just hate how some ppl say their battery life is much better or even the same as froyo's. I'm just not seeing it

Reset your battery stats.

My battery life was decent on Froyo, sucked on leaked .595GB.

My battery life is 2x as good as Froyo, and 3-4x better then on GB595.

I am running .591 Apex 2.0 Beta.

beantown06

Reaction score
Also, is anyone having trouble downloading apps from the market place after flashing the latest ApeX rom? I go and try and download the google maps and i starts it up saying it is going to download and just sits there. I also get a force close saying "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Has anyone else had this happen and could point me towards a fix? Do I need to reflash the ROM?

urphonesux

Reaction score
Im not having a problem with my market but as for the voice search, it as well as voice recognition is not recognizing anything at all for me. Also will u be putting the reboot option back into the long press power button menu

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
Also, is anyone having trouble downloading apps from the market place after flashing the latest ApeX rom? I go and try and download the google maps and i starts it up saying it is going to download and just sits there. I also get a force close saying "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Has anyone else had this happen and could point me towards a fix? Do I need to reflash the ROM?

i had the market download issue. it seems to be working now though.
here is what i did.
settings>applications>market>clear cache and force close
use "quick app clean cache' from the market and clear all app cache.
i am guessing you can boot into CWM and clear cache and it will do the same thing.
either way, i had the issue one time after doing this, but the last 5 or so apps i tried to update, updated just like normal.

zsg1313

Reaction score
Saw a couple market posts and thought i would share my issue. I always swap my vending.apk and several other system apks for the current transparent modded market from xda and never had any issues except now on apex 2.0.

So i pulled the 2 markets apart and found their structure to be a little different. My transparent vending.apk (as well as liberty.7 stock market) for example has a "drawable-hdpi" folder as expected but the stock market in apex has instead a "drawable-hdpi-v4" completely lacking the "drawable-hdpi" folder (which is the common folder on android packages to edit images for those who dont know)

Needless to say my ninjamorph experiment didnt work and I was unable to get my transparent market running and hopped back to liberty to keep my theme intact

Any thoughts on how to get this running?

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Guys, the VZW website launching has nothing to do with the ROM you're running, it's that stupid Moto helper software on your computer.

Next time it happens, go into your taskbar, find the blue M, right click, on the option that says "When Plugged In", change from launch Vcast to do nothing.

Oh. Duh. I feel like an idiot :) I actually even KNEW that and still spaced out when I wrote my post.