[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

jdparsons1

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way around big reds wiring tether blocking? I was on .596 and loved the speed and battery life but went back to apex 1.4.1 because vzw has blocked wiring tether in GB. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Has anyone found a way around big reds wiring tether blocking? I was on .596 and loved the speed and battery life but went back to apex 1.4.1 because vzw has blocked wiring tether in GB. :(

Tip: DROIDX and 2 Gingerbread Wireless Tether Work-Around (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

That app seems to work quite well, at least it did while I on .595 Zombiestomped. Another way around is to apply the TBH tether patch. I've tried both, and they both worked for me. My next quest is to find a way for Netflix to work after the update!

urphonesux

Reaction score
Thanx for the files Fab! Now the only thing is the battery life. Haven't really given gb a chance to calibrate with all this flashing going on. Seriously though don't u guys find it easier to type with the bigger keys on the multi touch keyboard? Im typing my a55 of right now. As for the camera I really like the quality of the widescreen pix the blur camera takes and I have really grown to hate the borders around my pics. Iono maybe its just me

mcp770

Reaction score
What I did was while on stock gb I did a titanium backup. Then after installing apex I restored blur camera and it seems to work fine with 3d gallery.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
been looking forward to your releases. liberty is good, but i highly perfer your rom. more my type of style. now please dont go bashing me for your misunderstanding about liberty people. thanks and keep up the good work.

j_acm

Reaction score
Going to'be trying this tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
Thanx for the files Fab! Now the only thing is the battery life. Haven't really given gb a chance to calibrate with all this flashing going on. Seriously though don't u guys find it easier to type with the bigger keys on the multi touch keyboard? Im typing my a55 of right now. As for the camera I really like the quality of the widescreen pix the blur camera takes and I have really grown to hate the borders around my pics. Iono maybe its just me

Better yet Fab just posted a flashable zip HERE to put the blur camera back on.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
What I did was while on stock gb I did a titanium backup. Then after installing apex I restored blur camera and it seems to work fine with 3d gallery.

I have no problems with the 3d Gallery calling blur camera as the default camera. I just get a message saying 'Media Gallery' is not installed when I try to open the gallery from the camera app

mikex

Reaction score
Restoring Removed Apps

I have made some flashable .zip files for common Blur apps that people want to restore. Check the following link first to see if I made one for the app you want. If not, then follow the steps below to manually restore Blur. Flashable .zip files here.

1. Game plan -- figure out which .apks you need to restore to get the functionality you want. I won't be providing much support in this regard.
2. Download the removed apps archive here. This is NOT a flashable .zip file.
3. Extract the removed apps archive and cherry pick the .apks you wish to restore. Copy them onto your sdcard.
4. Run the following commands in Terminal Emulator to restore apps:
Code:
su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/APKNAME.apk /system/app
chmod 755 /system/app/APKNAME.apk
5. Repeat the bottom two lines for all remaining .apks to restore

Thanks for the apks. Anybody restore blur dialer? Looks like several apks go with it and I'm just wondering how you did it. Ex. Do you need to restore the dialer and phone apks, and do you have to restore any contacts apks or anything like that?
Also new to typing code. Is that a space between sys and -rw? is that a space in the third line between apk and /system/app? And a space in 4th line between 755 and /system/app...?

norvegicus

Reaction score
No more WiFi Tether?

Tip: DROIDX and 2 Gingerbread Wireless Tether Work-Around (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

That app seems to work quite well, at least it did while I on .595 Zombiestomped. Another way around is to apply the TBH tether patch. I've tried both, and they both worked for me. My next quest is to find a way for Netflix to work after the update!

That one didn't work for me, I still got the Verizon paywall, but Barnacle works: szym.net » Barnacle Wifi Tether

vinnie80

Reaction score
Restoring Removed Apps

I have made some flashable .zip files for common Blur apps that people want to restore. Check the following link first to see if I made one for the app you want. If not, then follow the steps below to manually restore Blur. Flashable .zip files here.

1. Game plan -- figure out which .apks you need to restore to get the functionality you want. I won't be providing much support in this regard.
2. Download the removed apps archive here. This is NOT a flashable .zip file.
3. Extract the removed apps archive and cherry pick the .apks you wish to restore. Copy them onto your sdcard.
4. Run the following commands in Terminal Emulator to restore apps:
Code:
su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/APKNAME.apk /system/app
chmod 755 /system/app/APKNAME.apk
5. Repeat the bottom two lines for all remaining .apks to restore

Love the ROM so far, and thanks for making some of the blur elements available. Just a question on a couple of the .zips.... What is the BlurHome? Is that just the Blur Launcher? Also, what is the MTKB.zip?

Is there a way to get the blur contacts back? I like that better than the stock I think because it does a better job of merging FB contacts with the google contacts.

Lastly, this might be a dumb questions, but is there a way to get any of the blur widgets back? Mostly just the calendar widget... I love'd that one. Or could someone recommend another good one?

Thanks!