[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, wipe data from the gb leak to apex

From my sweet and spicy gingercomb droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's probably what your issue is. Wipe data and cache in between and wipe dalvik cache before flashing Apex

Apex 2.0 Revolution

tebower

Reaction score
Okay problem...why is my music not playing? I am able to see all albums, and then I click a song, it starts playing for a half-second, and then returns to the album list.

Anyone encounter this?

I am able to play music with the Google Music app from the Market, but not the stock player included.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange. Try another player like power amp (which is the best out there anyway imo)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

tebower

Reaction score
Regarding the music players, I have tried Google Music (from market), PowerAMP, and Zimly. All three play fine. But the stock Music 2.3.3 included in the ROM won't play, as I described above. I think it's great to be able to use third party players, but I don't want to.

Can anyone think of any cause?

tebower

Reaction score
I think I tracked it down to a bug with Phantom Music Control widget for Widget Locker. I was able to play music with the stock player when WL and the widget was deleted. When I turned on WL, and enabled the Phantom music widget, unless it was set for the correct player, it would crash the stock player.

The ROM also doesn't seem to play nice with other music players. When I tried to launch Zimly just now, it launched the stock music player - repeatedly LOL.

Last edited:

aichan

Reaction score
i'm a new user of droid x..

apex 2 is first custom rom i flashed without made my X crash (i've flashed aosp liberty and liberty v8 and they crashed my X, strange it is)

so far i love this rom, aosp..no bloatware so it fast..
but is there a way to install voice commands apps that included on verizon's GB?
i see that in zip package faboulous post on first page, there's no voice commands apk, i think..

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download the archives, extract and then use terminal emulator to install the app

Liberty Gingercomb v.09

books720

Reaction score
Greetings,

ApeX 2.0 is sure looking good! Congratulations, Fabolous.

I'm new to rooting and modding the Droid X software but I've done my homework so I think that it will go smoothly when I flash ApeX 2.0 on my phone (I'll probably wait for the final 2.0 release).

In the meantime, there are a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers to yet:

1 - As I understand it, most ROMs and themes require a deodexed version of Android. Is that the case with ApeX 2.0? Or will ApeX 2.0 work with just an odexed version?

2 - One of the reasons that I was drawn to the Droid X is its camera. It's actually pretty decent---although many users don't seem to know how to use it. As I understand it, ApeX 2.0 comes with a generic Google AOSP camera app which I've heard is kind of lame. Therefore I'll need to restore the camera app from Motorola that was designed for the Droid X. The problem is that the GB 2.3.3 version of Motorola's camera app is missing some features that I need (like manual ISO control). So I would rather restore a copy of Motorola's Froyo 2.2.1 version camera. Is this possible? What problems might there be?

3 - Another unique Droid X feature that I need is its HDMI port. I use Real HDMI and I expect it to continue to work---please correct me if this assumption is wrong. But I'd like to also know if the Motoblur version of the media gallery will still be able to use the HDMI port if the media gallery is restored. Also, if I was able to successfully restore the Froyo 2.2.1 version of Motorola's camera app, would I also need the Froyo 2.2.1 version of blur's media gallery? Or could I use the GB 2.3.3 version of the media gallery?

Thanks very much!!!

Kind regards, Dr01dX

Is there any way to get Moto's camera back without sbf'ing back to froyo? I have my droid right where I want it and I do not want to go through all that again.