[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

tattedupboy

Reaction score
try typing 'su' first, then the restoreblur script. i had the operation not permitted error this morning (while trying to restore a few blur apps), and once I did that, it worked, so hopefully that does the trick.

I did all of this, in addition ton creating the "Restore" folder on the SD card that Terminal Emulator tells me to create. The confusing part is where it says to choose that path ( /SD Card/restore) to choose which blur apps I want to restore. How do I choose which blur apps to restore when, after running the restoreblur script, the only option I have is the number 1, which does nothing but reboot the phone and changes nothing?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Take the apps you want to restore from the file Removed Apps (it's in the first post of this thread) and place only those in the restore folder. Then run the script, and it will restore the ones you placed in the folder.

Thanks to you, I have my blur back! Yay!

There's one issue I'm experiencing, and I'm certain the blur text messaging app is responsible for it. I'm getting duplicates for many (but not all) of my text messages; I had this same issue with text messages when I was using the ZombieStomped ROM. When I switched to this new Apex ROM, (but before adding Blur) I did not experience this issue. Only after adding blur did it start happening again. Which apk from the removed apps (stored in the Restore folder on my SD card) do I remove to get rid of blur messaging (just text messaging, not email, facebook or twitter). Is it even safe to do so? The stock text messaging app (pre blur) is awesome and tha's what I want to use for text messaging, but bnlur for the others.

demandred

Reaction score
I've noticed a strange issue since flashing APex GB on my D2. It appears that my coorporate sync and gmail accounts will not update properly. Gmail updates only if I click the refresh button and the corporate account wont update unless I delete it and recreate it. It will then update once and wont again until it is recreated.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

TVo

Reaction score
I've noticed a strange issue since flashing APex GB on my D2. It appears that my coorporate sync and gmail accounts will not update properly. Gmail updates only if I click the refresh button and the corporate account wont update unless I delete it and recreate it. It will then update once and wont again until it is recreated.

Thanks!

Hey, yeah, you should be able to open your drawer and select My Accounts.

From there, select each email account and select gmail sync. Mine said there was an issue connecting, but after making sure the box was checked it worked fine.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
This issue I'm having with duplicate text messages is getting annoying now. How do I stop it, and still keep blur?

demandred

Reaction score

Thanks!

Hey, yeah, you should be able to open your drawer and select My Accounts.

From there, select each email account and select gmail sync. Mine said there was an issue connecting, but after making sure the box was checked it worked fine.

That did it! Thanks!

roboots21

Reaction score

There's one issue I'm experiencing, and I'm certain the blur text messaging app is responsible for it. I'm getting duplicates for many (but not all) of my text messages; I had this same issue with text messages when I was using the ZombieStomped ROM. When I switched to this new Apex ROM, (but before adding Blur) I did not experience this issue. Only after adding blur did it start happening again. Which apk from the removed apps (stored in the Restore folder on my SD card) do I remove to get rid of blur messaging (just text messaging, not email, facebook or twitter). Is it even safe to do so? The stock text messaging app (pre blur) is awesome and tha's what I want to use for text messaging, but bnlur for the others.

Try going into /system/app and renaming Conversations.apk to something like Conversations.bak and see if that helps. I think this is the Blur texting app and can be safely renamed and not affect anything else. Try that and let us know if it works.

tattedupboy

Reaction score

Try going into /system/app and renaming Conversations.apk to something like Conversations.bak and see if that helps. I think this is the Blur texting app and can be safely renamed and not affect anything else. Try that and let us know if it works.

Thanks, but not too long after my last post, I used Titanium backup to uninstall the conversations apk altogether, and it worked. I'm even back to using GoSMS now.

Now my issue is the missing calendar widget. Why the heck is it not showing up?

Also, (and no, I have not forgotten that this ROM is still in beta) am I the only one whose web browser won't display flash content?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Never mind about the flash problem. Downloading flash player 10.3 from the market took care of that.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Great work Fab! I switched from Apex 1.4.1 in order to run the Netflix app. It works like a charm. The only complaint I have, and its not on you or this rom, is that widgetsoid doesn't support gingerbread yet. As soon as they get on the ball, my life will be complete.

serenewaffles

Reaction score
I'm going to second looking into the calendar widget. I also can't get the Motorola weather widget to work. It comes up and asks me about city and units and such, but clicking done doesn't actually add it to the home screen.

EDIT: I had success with the weather widget after switching to the blur launcher. Going to try to get calendar working a bit later. Will update on progress after trying.

EDIT2: Installing the blur calendar components (BlurCalendar.apk and BlurCalendarProvider.apk) make calendar completely useless, it won't even open.

Last edited:

MindArchr

Reaction score
I'm going to second looking into the calendar widget. I also can't get the Motorola weather widget to work. It comes up and asks me about city and units and such, but clicking done doesn't actually add it to the home screen.

EDIT: I had success with the weather widget after switching to the blur launcher. Going to try to get calendar working a bit later. Will update on progress after trying.

EDIT2: Installing the blur calendar components (BlurCalendar.apk and BlurCalendarProvider.apk) make calendar completely useless, it won't even open.

check out the calendar thread I started, it might help you.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Damn guys, just dl pure calendar widget and you're done.
Jeez, who knew blur would take such a foothold. Usually people are trashing it, but reading this thread makes it seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

roboots21

Reaction score
Jeez, who knew blur would take such a foothold. Usually people are trashing it, but reading this thread makes it seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

I used to not like blur at all but some blur apps I do like much better than AOSP :)

serenewaffles

Reaction score

check out the calendar thread I started, it might help you.

Mind posting a link to that thread?

EDIT: Found the thread, but I don't think that will work at all. The instructions for Apex 2.0 say to reflash Part1 if you clear the data.

No need to be nasty about it. I don't think that blur is the best thing since sliced bread. But the calendar and weather widgets are pretty great, not to mention being infinitely cheaper than Pure Calendar Widget.

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Reaction score

Actually, I've always been quite fond of blur, at least the "ninja blur" found on the Droid 2. I don't know why so many people hate it so much.

Anyway, the weather widget has worked for me all along. And, just an hour ago, out of the blue, I finally began seeing an option for a calendar widget. I didn't do anything; it just appeared. I don't know how or why. I tried to attach a screenshot, but when Ii try doing it from the app it force closes and I'm unable to do it at all from the browser, so you guus will just have to take my word for it. :)