[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

chefb

Reaction score
I mean really what is the hold up!!!!!......its got to be something awesome! Fab and crew does good work so the delay must mean some creamy goodness is coming out. Man if he puts out a lame update .....nah he wouldn't do that ............?

J3anyus

Reaction score
I mean really what is the hold up!!!!!......its got to be something awesome! Fab and crew does good work so the delay must mean some creamy goodness is coming out. Man if he puts out a lame update .....nah he wouldn't do that ............?

The "hold up" is that Fab is one guy who has a life and other commitments, and thus only a limited amount of time to work on Apex. If you follow him on Twitter (@bigxie) you'll see that he's been making progress and is hard at work on everything. Just be patient - 2.0.0 Beta works extremely well, and there's no rush to move to a .596-based ROM.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

The "hold up" is that Fab is one guy who has a life and other commitments, and thus only a limited amount of time to work on Apex. If you follow him on Twitter (@bigxie) you'll see that he's been making progress and is hard at work on everything. Just be patient - 2.0.0 Beta works extremely well, and there's no rush to move to a .596-based ROM.

No kidding! He doesn't even USE a DX anymore and only hooks us up out of the goodness of his heart! So no complaining about it! This guy takes time out of his life to program for a piece of hardware that he doesn't actually use, for those of us who actually do use the DX. Thanks, Fab/bigxie

havensed

Reaction score
Fab, we love Apex, so thanks in advance, for supporting the DX still.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Hurtem

Reaction score
If I have official .596 can I still do this process or must I wait for an update from Fab? I was on 1.4.1 for a long time but had my phone replaced and did the OTA update...

J3anyus

Reaction score
If I have official .596 can I still do this process or must I wait for an update from Fab? I was on 1.4.1 for a long time but had my phone replaced and did the OTA update...

You have to wait for an update from Fab that's based on .596. It looks like it might be coming soon though - he posted on Twitter "I'm doing a final flash to make sure everything is in working order, then I will pack it up nice and have a new beta for you!" After that he said there was an issue with it and he was going to SBF and try again, but it sounds like it's coming along well and won't be too long.

turdbogls

Reaction score
sounds like it just went out to the first group of testers to see if the radio worked, and it seems like it has worked. release to the Public!!!!! :) Fab is the man. he does this because he likes doing it, not becuase he has to do it. great guy, that does great work.

lemodular

Reaction score

If it's the OTA update, you may not be able to flash this since it needs done in clockwork recovery (which needs root)....but who knows.

J3anyus

Reaction score

If it's the OTA update, you may not be able to flash this since it needs done in clockwork recovery (which needs root)....but who knows.
You can SBF back to Froyo, root with Z4root, bootstrap, then install the rooted .596 update from MyDroidWorld. That way you're on .596, rooted, and ready to go.

lemodular

Reaction score

You can SBF back to Froyo, root with Z4root, bootstrap, then install the rooted .596 update from MyDroidWorld. That way you're on .596, rooted, and ready to go.

Yes, that is the only to get root from an OTA update.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Loving the beta2 on. 596 base. The power widget did the same for me as everyone else. Go into settings, back out, and a reboot fixed it.

Any way to restore the blur camera? Going to try using RFE to copy to system apps folder and manually change permissions. Hope I don't b0rk it!

EDIT -----

Blur camera installed wonderfully. I noticed that Gallery3d is not playing well with Handcent, but I think it's a Handcent issue, since the gallery works fine with emails.

FURTHER EDIT -----

Installed Go SMS Pro and it plays nice. Seem to be having an issue where only some of my facebook contacts have the right photos sync'ed

Last edited:

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
@bigxie .. Since I don't have a twitter account, I'm posting this here :)

I had no problems composing MMS from the Gallery3D 'share' menu Messaging option. I never tried actually sending it, just noted that it would begin the MMS just fine where Handcent would not.