[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Just curious if anything would happen or break if I flashed this over the .595 kernel?

I am guessing you can't since Apex 2 is 591 based.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Pulled from Fab's Twitter feed:
".595 didn't bring a new kernel or baseband, so you should be able to just install over it (wipe ofc)"

This was in the context of someone asking the same question and the reply was ALMOST entirely certain. Try it. If it doesn't work, restore a backup, it's why we make them! :)

Last edited:

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
This is peculiar.

Just downloaded 'Bump' to share files with iPhone users, and as I try to enter my name, it reboots the phone. Seems to happen as soon as Smart Keyboard tries to autocomplete, so I'll try switching Input Methods and see if it happens again.

Anyone else having this problem?

--- Update ---
Android Keyboard and Swype both do the same thing. Was hoping it would be something simple like that, and further Googling shows Bump as a problem app since a recent update to it. Looks like I'll be using something else for this

Last edited:

motorhaith

Reaction score
I just updated to this rom... i love it... Thanks to the creators and devs!
one thing is that i cannot find how to turn off the camera sound... anyone know?

doniago

Reaction score
^I was hoping to come in here with a good answer for you...instead I'm hoping for a good answer from someone else. Drat.

mcp770

Reaction score
Prior to the crappy aosp camera rearing its ugly head again your were able to turn off shutter sound in camera settings. On liberty its available in liberty settings also I believe. Apex unfortunately I haven't found an option.

turdbogls

Reaction score
yeah you cant shut it off with the aosp camera. the blur camera works tho. just switch to that. IMO, it takes better pics.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Worked fine for me on froyo...haven't tried it on gb yet. About to restore smote blur right now and give it a go

This message was probably sent from the can

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Worked fine for me on froyo...haven't tried it on gb yet. About to restore smote blur right now and give it a go

This message was probably sent from the can

IIRC, blur cam tries to open the MediaGallery.apk and the 3D gallery is named differently. I wonder if I can symlink to the Gallery.apk so it points to the proper app? Backing up and giving it a try. Will post results.

This just in ....
You can set BlurCam to default camera launched from Gallery3D, but I am still looking for a way to link BACK to the Gallery3D app from the preview image in the BlurCam. Not entirely sure it's worth trying to link it. It isn't hard to exit 1 app and manually open the other. Or open gallery first and back out with the arrow button as necessary.

Last edited:

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Does anyone have Google Music beta working on Apex? I have an invite working online and on my PC. But can't seem to make it work on the phone. I have the Music app installed but I don't see a way to make it connect to my google account. What am I missing?

218 of 18,000 songs uploaded. lol

musicfanlh

Reaction score
So I'm on apex with honeybread...its awesome....when I first loaded it my market was blue and black which looked great. Now after google downloaded all of my apps the market went back to the stock green....what happened?

Trav06

Reaction score
Can anyone point me towards a guide for going from stock Froyo (2.3.340) to Apex 2.0? I just got an X and haven't been able to track down a clear process yet.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Can anyone point me towards a guide for going from stock Froyo (2.3.340) to Apex 2.0? I just got an X and haven't been able to track down a clear process yet.

The original post on page 1 of this thread is very much a step-by-step process. Is there something in particular you were having an issue with, such as a certain step in the process?

Z4root and Droid 2 Bootstrap are the only apps you /need/ to do this, if I recall. I rather like using Titanium to get my apps backed up nicely.

Trav06

Reaction score
The original post on page 1 of this thread is very much a step-by-step process. Is there something in particular you were having an issue with, such as a certain step in the process?

Z4root and Droid 2 Bootstrap are the only apps you /need/ to do this, if I recall. I rather like using Titanium to get my apps backed up nicely.

I rooted with Z4 already, but the first step made me think there was more to it:
"1. You must be on a Gingerbread based ROM. If not, see diagram above for the upgrade path from Froyo to Gingerbread."

MDW 3-Step GB Updates is the next thing in the upgrade path from .340, which is where I assume my path starts.

DThomp

Reaction score
Yup. Give get the 3 part 588 from mdw and install that while in the same flash session. Then, after a reboot, flash apex part 1 and the kernal update zip, reboot atleast once, then flash apex pt.2. And you are off and running. Don't forget to wipe data and cache.