[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

metadroid

Reaction score
Does restoring the blur camera app allow you to use the 8MP Camera instead of 5MP pics? If so, can you please advise on how to restore the blur camera, and when restore blur camera does this only effect the camera and no other programs?

I love the way Apex runs, I have hit my comfort zone with it now, and could not imagine running anything else at the moment. However I would still like to be able to take advantage of the 8MP camera.

Yes. Vignette also handles 8MP. I just copied the blur camera apk (and any other you might want, but I only wanted the blur camera) from the removed apps zip (see link first page) to a "restore" directory on the sdcard (I had to mkdir this), ran Terminal Emulator, typed "su", then typed "restoreblur".

Extremely comfortable with Linux CMD line (was playing with cat /proc/cpuinfo and others toys)...However, is their a reason to do this through a shell? Can't the Droid X install the blur camera APK through file manager?

Maltheus

Reaction score
Yes. Vignette also handles 8MP. I just copied the blur camera apk (and any other you might want, but I only wanted the blur camera) from the removed apps zip (see link first page) to a "restore" directory on the sdcard (I had to mkdir this), ran Terminal Emulator, typed "su", then typed "restoreblur".

Extremely comfortable with Linux CMD line (was playing with cat /proc/cpuinfo and others toys)...However, is their a reason to do this through a shell? Can't the Droid X install the blur camera APK through file manager?

Terminal Emulator is an app on your android phone (so you don't need to do it from your computer command line). Don't know about installing it with the file manager (it might work), was just following Fabs instructions on how to restore the blur stuff.

scrimp212

Reaction score
I dont think it will install just from the apk because its a system app. The restore script is the only way.

scrimp212

Reaction score
Yeahh its pretty painless. Just follow the steps to get yourself to latest gb leak and ull be fine.

metadroid

Reaction score

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

Terminal Emulator is an app on your android phone (so you don't need to do it from your computer command line). Don't know about installing it with the file manager (it might work), was just following Fabs instructions on how to restore the blur stuff.

Metadroid probably just meant that Terminal Emulator is a command line shell for your android *nix-based OS. So, anyone comfortable with CLI will take to it like a duck to Subway.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Just curious if anything would happen or break if I flashed this over the .595 kernel?

metadroid

Reaction score
Which removed app(s) do I need to bring up the VZW tool that tells me my data usage and minutes used, etc...?

ETA: Can we get a A for Apex instead of the Red Motorola?

Last edited:

DThomp

Reaction score
Which removed app(s) do I need to bring up the VZW tool that tells me my data usage and minutes used, etc...?

Should be the My Verizon app in the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JustJack1235

Reaction score

Should be the My Verizon app in the market.

U could just use a boot logo changer availb in the market