[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Ok, everything seems to be functional. There are a few apps that are b0rked that I was using on Froyo, such as The Weather Channel. It won't read my location with GPS or Wifi networks, but the built in weather app does fine (It's also far cooler, and uses the same source)

Anyone know if I can safely remove Car Dock?

mcp770

Reaction score
Ok, everything seems to be functional. There are a few apps that are b0rked that I was using on Froyo, such as The Weather Channel. It won't read my location with GPS or Wifi networks, but the built in weather app does fine (It's also far cooler, and uses the same source)

yes on car dock and as for weather channel go to manage apps and click on that app. Clear cache and data for the app and try again. Same thing happened on my wifes incredible when I changed roms.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

yes on car dock and as for weather channel go to manage apps and click on that app. Clear cache and data for the app and try again. Same thing happened on my wifes incredible when I changed roms.

I actually had wiped the user data on that app already with no luck. Then uninstalled it, rebooted, and reinstalled with still no luck. It's no biggie since I now prefer the included app to TWC's app.

Thanks for the heads up on the Car Dock. I always get a bit wary when I look in Titanium Backup and see that I can only restore DATA, not the app itself. I don't want to lose it and then find out it broke my system and I have to reflash the ROM

I guess clockwork backups are there for a reason!

Last edited:

draexo

Reaction score
Followed instructions to a T. I was initially impressed. I put in my gmail and all my apps downloaded. When it was done, I could not get into the market to reinstall apps that did not download. The market would not load. I rebooted. Same issue. Market would not load. Kept force closing. I cleared data and cache again and got locked out of phone completely - had to boot into clockwork and restore my FroYo from Nandroid.

Any ideas? I really like Apex.

scrimp212

Reaction score
Followed instructions to a T. I was initially impressed. I put in my gmail and all my apps downloaded. When it was done, I could not get into the market to reinstall apps that did not download. The market would not load. I rebooted. Same issue. Market would not load. Kept force closing. I cleared data and cache again and got locked out of phone completely - had to boot into clockwork and restore my FroYo from Nandroid.

Try skipping the email in the setup portion and then restoring apps using titanium. Dont let the market restore your apps for you. Plus its much quicker than having to redownload all the apps again.

draexo

Reaction score

Try skipping the email in the setup portion and then restoring apps using titanium. Dont let the market restore your apps for you. Plus its much quicker than having to redownload all the apps again.

I only set up my gmail account, which proceeded to download some apps from the market. When it was finished (phone was working at this point), I went into market and received force closed. Tried a few more times and rebooted and my story is above.

If I do not set up my gmail, how am I supposed to purchase apps?

Now it seems I can not Nandroid back to FroYo. Looks like I will have to SBF.

Last edited:

KevGuillot

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a problem. My visual voicemail isn't working. It always says "voicemail not downloaded properly". It was working fine with Liberty GB and froyo systems. Any clue? And I have tried wiping and reinstalling apex several timess and this is still the only problem I have.

Thanks
Kevin

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

scrimp212

Reaction score

I only set up my gmail account, which proceeded to download some apps from the market. When it was finished (phone was working at this point), I went into market and received force closed. Tried a few more times and rebooted and my story is above.

If I do not set up my gmail, how am I supposed to purchase apps?

Now it seems I can not Nandroid back to FroYo. Looks like I will have to SBF.

You can choose skip, restore apps using titanium, then add gmail account. The market will see that the apps are all installed and not reinstall them. Hopefully that fixes it.

Maltheus

Reaction score
Too early to tell, but this might have fixed my battery issues (having to charge twice a day). But in coming from 1.3, I miss the ad blocking. Will that be added back, or should I just use a market app for that?

Thank you very much for the release! Although the blur camera app (which I manually restored) should probably be included by default. It is in every way superior to the stock app and I cannot imagine anybody not preferring it.

scrimp212

Reaction score
I use the liberty toolbox for adblocking. It seems to work well. Adblock breaks words with friends, so I cant use it. Theres nothing more annoying having ads on angry birds.

jgmarz

Reaction score
blur calender and backup assistant

I d/l the removed apps to my laptop, how do I get the blur calender and backup assistant back on the DX? Also do I need to remove anything after? Thanks

metadroid

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the release! Although the blur camera app (which I manually restored) should probably be included by default. It is in every way superior to the stock app and I cannot imagine anybody not preferring it.

Does restoring the blur camera app allow you to use the 8MP Camera instead of 5MP pics? If so, can you please advise on how to restore the blur camera, and when restore blur camera does this only effect the camera and no other programs?

I love the way Apex runs, I have hit my comfort zone with it now, and could not imagine running anything else at the moment. However I would still like to be able to take advantage of the 8MP camera.

Maltheus

Reaction score
Does restoring the blur camera app allow you to use the 8MP Camera instead of 5MP pics? If so, can you please advise on how to restore the blur camera, and when restore blur camera does this only effect the camera and no other programs?

I love the way Apex runs, I have hit my comfort zone with it now, and could not imagine running anything else at the moment. However I would still like to be able to take advantage of the 8MP camera.

Yes. Vignette also handles 8MP. I just copied the blur camera apk (and any other you might want, but I only wanted the blur camera) from the removed apps zip (see link first page) to a "restore" directory on the sdcard (I had to mkdir this), ran Terminal Emulator, typed "su", then typed "restoreblur".