[ROM] [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

JustJack1235

Reaction score
But really though. Anyone have an answer to my question? Surely someone has the mist recent Gmail.

Sent from my DROIDX

remove the old one from ur system/ app folder reboot then Just download it from the market

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also, do I go to Term and unzip or do I use bootstrap?

don't use bootstrap, I didn't create the zip file for that since I was in a hurry. If you try, it'll probably just fail.

You really just need to get the apk's into the /system/app folder and it should work.

Cool...now for the Noob question...lol How do I copy them there?

easiest way is to unzip the files on your computer, plug in your phone to the computer and set it to usb mass storage mode. Then just copy the .apk files over to your sd card as it's mounted to your computer now.

After they are copied, either switch usb modes, or disconnect your phone so that it can access the sd card again.

Then open up the apex toolbox and use option 2, then i (install) and type each apk name one at a time to let the toolbox copy them over.

asaunders

Reaction score
don't use bootstrap, I didn't create the zip file for that since I was in a hurry. If you try, it'll probably just fail.

You really just need to get the apk's into the /system/app folder and it should work.

Cool...now for the Noob question...lol How do I copy them there?

easiest way is to unzip the files on your computer, plug in your phone to the computer and set it to usb mass storage mode. Then just copy the .apk files over to your sd card as it's mounted to your computer now.

After they are copied, either switch usb modes, or disconnect your phone so that it can access the sd card again.

Then open up the apex toolbox and use option 2, then i (install) and type each apk name one at a time to let the toolbox copy them over.

Cool...thanks.

WindyCity1014

Reaction score
I LOVE this ROM, but I'm having two email related issues:

1. I can't get yahoo email since flashing from stock to 1.4.1. I tried switching to the blur email messaging in toolbox, but all it seemed to do was delete the "Messaging" and "Email" apps (and I don't know how to get them back)!

2. Gmail push seems to lag now.

Any help on either of these topics would be most appreciated. Thanks guys!

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I LOVE this ROM, but I'm having two email related issues:

1. I can't get yahoo email since flashing from stock to 1.4.1. I tried switching to the blur email messaging in toolbox, but all it seemed to do was delete the "Messaging" and "Email" apps (and I don't know how to get them back)!

2. Gmail push seems to lag now.

Any help on either of these topics would be most appreciated. Thanks guys!

1.) Fab's server is down. This includes his website and all of his files. So the toolbox doesn't work. You'll have to wait for him to fix it. Should be any time now. And I believe in order to get Yahoo Mail to work you have to be on the blur messaging.

2.) Yeah, I just noticed that. I tried going to the gmail site a few times and I got webpage errors, but it just started working. Maybe they were doing site maitenence.

I'd go to the market and download the gmail app and the yahoo mail app for now. Until the toolbox is back up. Stick with it, it's a great ROM. :)

WindyCity1014

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Actually gmail works, it's just a bit delayed. I did download the yahoo app though.

Any idea why my attempted switch to blur deleted the universal messaging and email apps (I assume these were installed when I flashed to apex)? Is there any way to get these back?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Actually gmail works, it's just a bit delayed. I did download the yahoo app though.

Any idea why my attempted switch to blur deleted the universal messaging and email apps (I assume these were installed when I flashed to apex)? Is there any way to get these back?

When you try to switch apps in the blur toolbox, it first removes the one you have installed and then it downloads and installs the one you want. I'll see if I can find the blur messaging for ya. ;)

thegreyspot

Reaction score
Latitude not working

Hey,

Is anyone else experiencing problems with google latitude not updating on its own when the map is closed? I have tried so many things, I feel like maybe the rom is the problem.