[ROM] [ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3V
I am absolutely going to try Apex. Liberty was my first rom but I have a few issues with it... so on to the next!
dancedroid

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Only one problem... In sound settings, there is no "silent" option for notifications. I don't like it to play a notification every time it boots up or connects to the pc so I usually set it to silent and change the notifications in other apparently individually. And yes I did figure out how to disable the thx sound in the toolbox.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

asaunders

Reaction score
Got an issue. I had the double text thing going on. I use the blur messaging suite but was getting double texts. I went to term and switched back to ASOP then went back to blur. I then went to get the short cuts but blur messaging and text are still missing...any ideas?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Got an issue. I had the double text thing going on. I use the blur messaging suite but was getting double texts. I went to term and switched back to ASOP then went back to blur. I then went to get the short cuts but blur messaging and text are still missing...any ideas?

maybe due to fabs server problems. He's had issues lately and said the toolbox would be broken. Let me look and maybe I can pull out the apk's you need and then you can put them on the root of your sd card and just us the toolbox to install them from there, basically bypassing the server...

Edit, I packed the zip with the apk's you need here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/129088-aosp-email.html#post1367817

Last edited:

asaunders

Reaction score

maybe due to fabs server problems. He's had issues lately and said the toolbox would be broken. Let me look and maybe I can pull out the apk's you need and then you can put them on the root of your sd card and just us the toolbox to install them from there, basically bypassing the server...

Edit, I packed the zip with the apk's you need here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/129088-aosp-email.html#post1367817

Got em! Thanks alot

WindyCity1014

Reaction score
I can't get gmail to push since I flashed to 1.4.1. I've tried a few suggestions I've read such as checking to make sure gmail sync is on in the account settings and uninstalling the gmail update, but nothing is working.

Does anybody else have any info or suggestions?

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I downloaded the honeycomb boot animation from androidcentral, and I can't even get that to work. I think something is wrong with the file... Sound or no sound it won't work. Sorry Jack.

FOUND HONEYCOMB BOOT ANIMATION THAT WORKS!!!!! Heres the link with sound... Just up the desc to 854 instead of 800 to get the gaps on the top and bottom to go away~

:icon_ banana:HONEYCOMB BLUE WITH SOUND BOOTANIMATION:icon_ banana:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also, do I go to Term and unzip or do I use bootstrap?

don't use bootstrap, I didn't create the zip file for that since I was in a hurry. If you try, it'll probably just fail.

You really just need to get the apk's into the /system/app folder and it should work.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that hdmi will work if i delete the dlnaservice.apk from the system folder?

Sent from my XOOM using DroidForums App

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I can't get any of the keyboards working through toolbox. Anybody have a flashable keyboard apk ? I'm stuck using swype and I hate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I was getting a force close so i turned off the autocorrect and suggestion box in the android keyboard settings menu ~

Sent from my XOOM using DroidForums App