[ROM] ApeX for Droid X - An AOSP Experience

paulviado420

Reaction score
just the regular stock calendar with gmail calendar synced...calendar works just not the widget itself..i try to put the widget on the home screen to show my upcoming appt and the date but nothing ever shows up

I'm almost certain it's because the Calendar is the AOSP app, but the CalendarProvider.apk I put in there (which holds the widget), is the one from Blur.

I will look into a fix tomorrow.

If you take the CalendarProvider.apk from my rom, I compiled it from AOSP. Should have the widget work fine.

do you have the link to your rom??thanks

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Fab... can you install this w/o wiping your Data partition? I hate re-adding my data...

kinggroin

Reaction score
almost perfect!

This rom makes the phone feel like I upgraded for a second time! Stupid fast for sure. Of course there's just one small thing...

...I absolutely have to have corporate sync working. K9 and touchdown are great alternatives but i've had issues with former and the later is much more than I need from an email client (and it isn't free).

I'm willing to pay some paypal bucks if someone, anyone can tell me what apks are needed to get corp sync up and running again. Otherwise i'll have no choice but to restore my stock 2.2 backup (yuck).

Thanks so much in advance and keep up the great work!

xDanVitox

Reaction score
hey I know this is kinda a noob question but since you have to mount storage for the installation, do I have to also mount it if i want to restore my backup?

millbean

Reaction score
how to ad yahoo account? keep getting the error cant connect to server

bcals0087

Reaction score
This rom makes the phone feel like I upgraded for a second time! Stupid fast for sure. Of course there's just one small thing...

...I absolutely have to have corporate sync working. K9 and touchdown are great alternatives but i've had issues with former and the later is much more than I need from an email client (and it isn't free).

I'm willing to pay some paypal bucks if someone, anyone can tell me what apks are needed to get corp sync up and running again. Otherwise i'll have no choice but to restore my stock 2.2 backup (yuck).

I have an email.apk from rubix that should work for you. Its actually the email app from the droid 1 and it has exchange added to it. I had problems using corporate sync but this was one works extremely well with exchange. Ill post the .zip when im around a comp next.

thepolishguy

Reaction score
hey I know this is kinda a noob question but since you have to mount storage for the installation, do I have to also mount it if i want to restore my backup?

Sorry- but I am a noob too and was wondering about restoring my nandroid backup. Do you just...

1.Bootstrap recovery.
2.Reboot Recovery.
3.Backup/Restore.
4.Restore from backup.

Or do you have to...

1.Bootstrap recovery.
2.Reboot recovery.
3.Format data.
4.Format cache.
5.Format system.

(forgot the order of 3,4,5)

6.Mount system.
7.Backup/restore.
8.Restore from backup.

Again- sorry for the noobness- but people talk about "one wrong step and you have got the nicest paper weight in town". Just want to do it right.

blkblt412

Reaction score

My corporate sync works just fine. Though I used the white corporate sync icon to add mine instead of the blue (I have two different corporate sync account options for some reason). Don't know if that helps or not but it works great for me.

kinggroin

Reaction score

I have an email.apk from rubix that should work for you. Its actually the email app from the droid 1 and it has exchange added to it. I had problems using corporate sync but this was one works extremely well with exchange. Ill post the .zip when im around a comp next.

I'll cross my fingers. If it works, I'll be your best friend.

bcals0087

Reaction score

I'll cross my fingers. If it works, I'll be your best friend.

Alright here you go, just unzip move this .apk to sdcard, then with root explorer move into /system/app folder, don't hit install. Just longpress and set permissions to 644 (Entire column of 'read' checked, and 'user' row and 'write' column checkbox checked. total of 4 checkmarks). Then just reboot your phone. This is the white coportate exchange app when you go into my accounts to add another one. Works MUCH better than corporate sync. Let me know if it works.

bcals0087

Reaction score

My corporate sync works just fine. Though I used the white corporate sync icon to add mine instead of the blue (I have two different corporate sync account options for some reason). Don't know if that helps or not but it works great for me.

Yeah thats the one I posted, that's from the original droid. Much more reliable in my opinion.

kinggroin

Reaction score
Thank you very much I will give this a shot in a couple of hours and will post back

Tesler32

Reaction score
Overall thoughts on this Rom

Hey guys I havent made the jump to this rom or any rom for my DX yet. I do have the ota which I deoxed and themed with Gala. I just wanted to know if this ROM still has the email and messaging from the ota in it or do I have to use something like handcent and k9? Other than that what are the over all thoughts on the ROM worth flashing??