[ROM] ApeX for Droid X - An AOSP Experience

Rhino413

Reaction score
@Fab

thanks for your response on the stock lock screen
I really have no plans on changing the back to the vanilla lock screen as I like the blur one over vanilla but I would be interested in a non tabbed version. And i have only seen this in one theme that being Blackglass from 928droid.
or having the rotary lock put back in.

and how would I unpack that aforementioned framework apk and then repack it
would 7-zip work on win 7???

byproxy

Reaction score
great rom. thanks!

question though... i don't see the need for speed file in the system or data app dirs yet the icon still appears in the app drawer. any way to make it go away?

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
great rom. thanks!

question though... i don't see the need for speed file in the system or data app dirs yet the icon still appears in the app drawer. any way to make it go away?

Yeah, just go into settings, applications, manage applications, find NFS Shift and uninstall it.

catalystsupreme

Reaction score
@Fab and @Bgill55

quick question about this rom and any related themes? I installed Blackmodz returns by onix concepts and it runs flawless on this rom but for one little hickup
the themes restore the blur lock screen. now i know both of you are great themers how would i go about pulling those images off my current theme and adb pushing the vanilla lock screen images or even pull the images from another theme say 928droids doird1 2.2 theme that has no tabs for the sliders.
I guess the big question is can I do and if so where are the slide lock images located and how would a push them or install them

The lock screen slider images are in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/

They should be at the bottom of the folder, as they are all named zz_mot something. It should be pretty apparent when you get in there and see what they are.

You can either repack a modified framework-res with those images, OR, you can replace them with ninjamorph.

What I'm planning on doing soon is to make a metamorph that will only replace those images, so that anyone running any theme can have the stock sliders back.

ive been runing the rom for about 20 hours now. Seems pretty stable the only issue i have is my facebook not syncing pics with contacts. I did what you suggested in a previous post, that still didnt fix. Also is there a way i can use my previous text message vs the stock messager. Everytime i try to open the old on it just closes?

What do you mean by the "old one"? You mean you still have the Motorola text messaging app?

yes, I guess it was installed when i applied the Incognito Orange theme

Rhino413

Reaction score
about the density question it should work
but in my opinion widgets never work because they are set to a 240dpi
and they always look funny. to bad they dont allow multiple dpis on widgets

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Yeah, nothing should prevent the LCD mod from working, but like Rhino said, it usually causes more harm than good ;)

As for the calendar widget problem, I've been trying to fix it for the last hour and it doesn't seem to want to work :(

A third party widget may be the only option here...sorry.

Rhino413

Reaction score
the stock calender widget is weak I would go with pure calender widget
best widget for calender period

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@paul what calander app are you using

just the regular stock calendar with gmail calendar synced...calendar works just not the widget itself..i try to put the widget on the home screen to show my upcoming appt and the date but nothing ever shows up

I'm almost certain it's because the Calendar is the AOSP app, but the CalendarProvider.apk I put in there (which holds the widget), is the one from Blur.

I will look into a fix tomorrow.

If you take the CalendarProvider.apk from my rom, I compiled it from AOSP. Should have the widget work fine.

cruckus

Reaction score
Fab yousa beast! Great rom great speed and I changed the davlek no lie smooth as butter! Do you take donations would love to help!

thepolishguy

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question- when you, "wipe system, data, and cache" that doesn't affect the data stored on your SD card? Just double checking. I guess now that that is a stupid question since the .zip will be on the SD card.

cruckus

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question- when you, "wipe system, data, and cache" that doesn't affect the data stored on your SD card? Just double checking. I guess now that that is a stupid question since the .zip will be on the SD card.

No it doesnt just make sure you mount the sd or you will be bricked!

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Is it me or musicmod doesnt have lock screen controls?

Nope, that's a Motorola feature. If you want to switch back, type in terminal:

su
music -mot

------

I've issued a hotfix. It fixes the wifi tethering FC, as well as some additional theming to the dialer, multitouch keyboard, and Swype. More details will be put up in the 2nd post shortly.

Fabolous_ApeX_hotfix1.zip