OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
thank you for your fast response...i wasnt sure if it was just me..

No problem. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I don't even use my calendar widget anymore because all it says in there is 9-6: Work, LOL.

Hopefully I'll have a fix tomorrow :D

paulviado420

Reaction score
thank you for your fast response...i wasnt sure if it was just me..

No problem. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I don't even use my calendar widget anymore because all it says in there is 9-6: Work, LOL.

Hopefully I'll have a fix tomorrow :D

np just want you to have a flawless rom =) other than that its pretty much flawless in my opinion...

haha i wish my calendar was as easy as that haha ill be patiently waiting for the fix =)

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looking Pretty good fab!!! Might give this one a go!!!!

millbean

Reaction score
wipe or format system etc.. ? saw no wipe option in mounts /storage

byproxy

Reaction score
so i know this was kind of said before but i just want to be perfectly clear here... this can be installed over ANY 2.2 right? Official OTA or Leaked versions are both compatible?

Asterisk

Reaction score
so i know this was kind of said before but i just want to be perfectly clear here... this can be installed over ANY 2.2 right? Official OTA or Leaked versions are both compatible?

Yes they both are. As long as it was 2.2 it should work just fine.

Rhino413

Reaction score
@Fab and @Bgill55

quick question about this rom and any related themes? I installed Blackmodz returns by onix concepts and it runs flawless on this rom but for one little hickup
the themes restore the blur lock screen. now i know both of you are great themers how would i go about pulling those images off my current theme and adb pushing the vanilla lock screen images or even pull the images from another theme say 928droids doird1 2.2 theme that has no tabs for the sliders.
I guess the big question is can I do and if so where are the slide lock images located and how would a push them or install them

catalystsupreme

Reaction score
ive been runing the rom for about 20 hours now. Seems pretty stable the only issue i have is my facebook not syncing pics with contacts. I did what you suggested in a previous post, that still didnt fix. Also is there a way i can use my previous text message vs the stock messager. Everytime i try to open the old on it just closes?

Rhino413

Reaction score
is it just me or has the battery life gone through the roof with this rom

Rhino413

Reaction score
OMG the DX is so fast shame SHAME SHAME on Motorola for selling a drag racer
to people with a Governor on it that makes it run like a ford focus

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Rhino413

Reaction score
OK to all

OK everyone who is running this sick clean ROM
if you want to have some fun and see how fast you can get your phone
try this little experiment. Using root explorer navigate to system/build.prop
make sure root explorer is set to mount R/W then long press on build.prop and open in text editor. then find the dalvik heap size it should be set to 32m
change that to like 60m or even more. save and exit and then reboot your phone

now if you don't have this app you should get it it makes rebooting easy go to the market and get hot reboot. this app is great for the DX

Edit: also understand that if you do this and run quadrant your score will be really low
thats because quadrant and other benchmark testers are designed to test your system running a separate graphics app IE game and by uping the dalvik heap size you are limiting the amout of ram available to the GPU to run games but the over all speed of the Android system will be faster because the system now has more ram to swap in an out with. UNDERSTAND
and this wont affect your games as most of the games force the OS into the background and what ram is left should be plenty for any game you will play.

Last edited:

blkblt412

Reaction score
Fantastic ROM, keep up the good work. Easy to install and runs great too.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
@Fab and @Bgill55

quick question about this rom and any related themes? I installed Blackmodz returns by onix concepts and it runs flawless on this rom but for one little hickup
the themes restore the blur lock screen. now i know both of you are great themers how would i go about pulling those images off my current theme and adb pushing the vanilla lock screen images or even pull the images from another theme say 928droids doird1 2.2 theme that has no tabs for the sliders.
I guess the big question is can I do and if so where are the slide lock images located and how would a push them or install them

The lock screen slider images are in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/

They should be at the bottom of the folder, as they are all named zz_mot something. It should be pretty apparent when you get in there and see what they are.

You can either repack a modified framework-res with those images, OR, you can replace them with ninjamorph.

What I'm planning on doing soon is to make a metamorph that will only replace those images, so that anyone running any theme can have the stock sliders back.

ive been runing the rom for about 20 hours now. Seems pretty stable the only issue i have is my facebook not syncing pics with contacts. I did what you suggested in a previous post, that still didnt fix. Also is there a way i can use my previous text message vs the stock messager. Everytime i try to open the old on it just closes?

What do you mean by the "old one"? You mean you still have the Motorola text messaging app?