[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

sohaunted

Reaction score
Hello all, I had been using rubix focused for a month or so as my first rom and now I'm ready to branch out and try some new roms so I downloaded apex 1.3 and installed, I was very pleased with the rom and its features but when I went to turn on my GPS in settings I noticed there was no option, only wifi. I tried turning on GPS in my control panel but all I got was a "searching for GPS" notification over and over so I restored back to my previous setup, Did I do something wrong? I followed I installation instructions to the T

jhanford

Reaction score
Stupid question, does installing 1.3 from the .320 leak get us on .340 since it adds all the features in or do I still need to flash the system sbf for. 340? I know I know I'm being very lazy lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Didn't see this answered anywhere so here goes:

ApeX 1.3 is using .340 as it's /system base, so the answer is, if you have ApeX 1.3, you also have .340

jhanford

Reaction score
Hello all, I had been using rubix focused for a month or so as my first rom and now I'm ready to branch out and try some new roms so I downloaded apex 1.3 and installed, I was very pleased with the rom and its features but when I went to turn on my GPS in settings I noticed there was no option, only wifi. I tried turning on GPS in my control panel but all I got was a "searching for GPS" notification over and over so I restored back to my previous setup, Did I do something wrong? I followed I installation instructions to the T

Silly question: you tried turning it on from Settings/Location & security right?

foomanjee

Reaction score
Fab, did you do something to the camera? The camera takes nothing but corrupt pictures now (0 bytes in size), and the camcorder just crashes to the launcher.

I've reseated the sdcard, reset the camera settings, and pulled the battery. Still not working, unfortunately.

I've wiped data/cache, and reinstalled. Still having the same issue. No working video what so ever, including youtube.

sohaunted

Reaction score

Silly question: you tried turning it on from Settings/Location & security right?

Not a silly question at all, thank you for mentioning it I must have had a brain fart because I went to networks and wireless to turn it on lol "face palm."

Ill reinstall and give it another shot.

jhanford

Reaction score
Fab, did you do something to the camera? The camera takes nothing but corrupt pictures now (0 bytes in size), and the camcorder just crashes to the launcher.

I've reseated the sdcard, reset the camera settings, and pulled the battery. Still not working, unfortunately.

I've wiped data/cache, and reinstalled. Still having the same issue. No working video what so ever, including youtube.

Not that this helps you but I just took a couple of test pictures with the stock camera app (I usually use Camera 360) and it worked fine.

Where did you come from? Stock 2.2 to OTA 2.2.1 and then to ApeX, or did you come via the .320 leak?

EDIT: Another thought: if you have ROM Manager installed, you might want to try running "fix permissions" to see if that helps.

droidxchat

Reaction score
Widgetpicker fc when trying to place widget

thepolishguy

Reaction score

Sorry - just wanted to report so you would know - I am not having any of those issues. I am not saying it is your fault - I am just saying not everyone is experiencing the problem.

foomanjee

Reaction score
Not that this helps you but I just took a couple of test pictures with the stock camera app (I usually use Camera 360) and it worked fine.

Where did you come from? Stock 2.2 to OTA 2.2.1 and then to ApeX, or did you come via the .320 leak?

EDIT: Another thought: if you have ROM Manager installed, you might want to try running "fix permissions" to see if that helps.

I went back to my nandroid, and everything works. I discovered that I'm not on .320/.340 yet, so that was my problem. I tried to apply the OTA update, though, and it failed. Probably because I'm rooted still. Now, to figure out how to get around that...

johnny9374

Reaction score
i dunno if i should be asking this here but if im running this and its using things from the new update can i flash a rom that isnt if i wanna switch?im thinking yes cause i just read somewhere that the two builds are so close in comparison someone wanna chime in before i do something stupid lol

Last edited:

sohaunted

Reaction score

I went back to my nandroid, and everything works. I discovered that I'm not on .320/.340 yet, so that was my problem. I tried to apply the OTA update, though, and it failed. Probably because I'm rooted still. Now, to figure out how to get around that...

I was rooted and SBF'd back to stock, unrooted .15 before manually applying the update and everything went without a hitch. If you are comfortable with doing an SBF I'd say do that first then give it a shot. Just make sure you are not on the leaked update or else you'll brick your phone, I know you mentioned youre not on the leak but it can't be said enough.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
ok i installed this right over the previous apex and now i cannot play music it says all of my music is unsupported how do i fix this without wiping and restarting if i have to i will

gixxerboy

Reaction score
hello anybody!!!! and i just wiped data and cache and reinstalled it and it stoll will not work whats the problem

Adrinalin

Reaction score
So far this is a very smooth ROM, the problems I'm having are 1st I cannot boot into clockwork recovery I've attempted to fix permissions. 2nd I deleted your included WiFi tether and installed the newest one but its not starting tether. Also koush's bootstrap won't boot into recovery. This is important to me because I cannot create a nandroid backup at this time. Will you be releasing a hotfix sometime in the near future

droidxchat

Reaction score
So far this is a very smooth ROM, the problems I'm having are 1st I cannot boot into clockwork recovery I've attempted to fix permissions. 2nd I deleted your included WiFi tether and installed the newest one but its not starting tether. Also koush's bootstrap won't boot into recovery. This is important to me because I cannot create a nandroid backup at this time. Will you be releasing a hotfix sometime in the near future

Sorry but it looks like the bootstrap problems are on your end. I installed this rom over a fresh .34 OTA, and have had no problems with getting into clockwork recovery. Wireless tether works as well.

Both of these require superuser access. One thing I can say is that you might not have the latest superuser binaries installed. Go to your appdrawer and look for superuser and open it, it should automatically make sure the binaries are up to date. Reboot your phone and try again. Both wireless tether and clockwork mod should have asked for superuser permissions the first time you opened them. If they didn't, that's your problem. Also try going into terminal emulator and typing su, and making sure it doesn't give you an error.

Last edited: