[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

prevail70

Reaction score
Thanks Fab for a great rom!

one question or issue, this is not big deal but when i try to overclock using dx/d2 overclocker it reboots when i hit apply setting ever time... i installed 1.3 over 1.2.1 using the instructions in the 1st post... if you could help me with this that would be awesome!

again thanks for a great rom

chris

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com

one question or issue, this is not big deal but when i try to overclock using dx/d2 overclocker it reboots when i hit apply setting ever time... i installed 1.3 over 1.2.1 using the instructions in the 1st post... if you could help me with this that would be awesome!

chris

If you didn't wipe data and cache, you'll need to go into settings, manage applications, find the overclocking app, and wipe its data.

should work after that.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Had the same issues with the overclock app from JRummy... I just rebooted a couple of times and it was good to go! I also wiped data/cache on install

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Im sorry to keep repeating myself but there are some contradicting posts about whether you can revert back to 1.2.1...does anyone have a definite answer on whether I can restore my 1.2.1 backup?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thepolishguy

Reaction score
Is the overclock included? I tried running the script -but it was a no go? I prefer to use my own scripts over the rummy app.

any ideas? thanks.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Im sorry to keep repeating myself but there are some contradicting posts about whether you can revert back to 1.2.1...does anyone have a definite answer on whether I can restore my 1.2.1 backup?

Yes, you're fine restoring the 1.2.1 backup.

Is the overclock included? I tried running the script -but it was a no go? I prefer to use my own scripts over the rummy app.

any ideas? thanks.

Not in versions based on .320/.340, the old script doesn't work. I'm going to look into the new Jrummy one that other ROMs are using, but no ETA yet on when/if it's going to be incorporated :(

harshd2000

Reaction score
Question: Noobie! So I just bought DX, can I install this directly or Do i need to install the 1.2.1 (or w/e) latest version before this version and then upgrade?

Also if you dont mind me asking, what kind of email (client) do you use for having more than one email? I have gmail and my school email that I would like to be able to check easily...but I do not really want to combine them together as that MIGHT get too confusing (although I do not know since I do not really know what Universal box looks like). Any help will be appreciated. THANKS!

Reaction score
Stupid question, does installing 1.3 from the .320 leak get us on .340 since it adds all the features in or do I still need to flash the system sbf for. 340? I know I know I'm being very lazy lol.

prevail70

Reaction score

chris

If you didn't wipe data and cache, you'll need to go into settings, manage applications, find the overclocking app, and wipe its data.

should work after that.

i wiped app data, did same thing, wiped data and cache in recovey, and did a facory reset in setting privacy, still does the same thing, reboots when i hit apply setting, i was able to clear app cache one time and i was able to overclock for about 1 min and then phone rebooted and now the app cache is grayed out.... do you now of anything else i could try, do u think i should reinstall the rom?

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Stupid question, does installing 1.3 from the .320 leak get us on .340 since it adds all the features in or do I still need to flash the system sbf for. 340? I know I know I'm being very lazy lol.

It seems to me there are still a few questions about that. However I was on the leak, and after the 1.3 install it says .340. It does also come with Madden, which is dope.

foomanjee

Reaction score
Fab, did you do something to the camera? The camera takes nothing but corrupt pictures now (0 bytes in size), and the camcorder just crashes to the launcher.

I've reseated the sdcard, reset the camera settings, and pulled the battery. Still not working, unfortunately.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Fab, did you do something to the camera? The camera takes nothing but corrupt pictures now (0 bytes in size), and the camcorder just crashes to the launcher.

I've reseated the sdcard, reset the camera settings, and pulled the battery. Still not working, unfortunately.

I changed the icons for Camera and Camcorder, that's all. My pictures take fine. Did you install this over another ROM without wiping data and cache?

Try clearing data and cache for the Camera app from settings, applications, manage applications.

Also, does your other media work (music, video)? If not, you may not be on the right kernel.

-------------------------

Also, I posted this up in the 2nd post. It's the framework with percentages in the icon. Thanks tom108

Fabolous said:
Goodies pack 1: This includes the battery icons with percentages by tom108 seen here as well as AppWidgetPicker, which groups multiple widgets of the same app together. You can read about it here.

ApeX_V1_3_0_Goodies1.zip

foomanjee

Reaction score

I changed the icons for Camera and Camcorder, that's all. My pictures take fine. Did you install this over another ROM without wiping data and cache?

Try clearing data and cache for the Camera app from settings, applications, manage applications.

Also, does your other media work (music, video)? If not, you may not be on the right kernel.

-------------------------

Also, I posted this up in the 2nd post. It's the framework with percentages in the icon. Thanks tom108

When trying to view one of my previously recorded videos, I get "This video can not be displayed or viewed.". I'm on 2.3.340 (OTA), and kernel 2.6.32.9. If this is a kernel issue, what kernel do you recommend I switch to?

chazall1

Reaction score
Fab!!! Another great Day!!! Great release. I went from 1.2.1 to 1.3 no data/cache wipe and all is good. How do you do this, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!! I will wait to add the RevO theme for a day or 2. I really like the RevO lock slider!!

Thanks