[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys, 2.3.15 users will have to bear with me as I don't have a great way to test that version (on 2.3.320 myself). It seems like the 2.2.1 contacts app doesn't play nice with 2.3.15.

Let me go dig up the 2.2 contacts app and see if installing that fixes the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EDIT: Try downloading this contacts app to your sdcard:

fabdroid.com/images/BlurContacts.apk

Then, in terminal emulator:

su
install BlurContacts.apk

*be careful as some browsers may append/rename that file to a .zip, be sure it is an APK before installing

Please let me know how this turns out/if it fixes the kick out to home issue. Thanks!

Worked! Another thing I've noticed is that while the contacts pictures sync with the contacts app it doesn't carry over to the messaging app, hopefully fixing the contacts will cause that to work.

Sorry to sound so pickyy, but this is the most amazing ROM I've ever ran on my DX.

Thanks so much for your help.

Yea the pictures still arent showing up in the messaging app.

Ok, that's great news to hear that the contacts app worked. Let me look into the picture syncing issue.

mdowns989

Reaction score
Is there anyway to re add the 'Social Status' widget? I like to use that, the social networking, and messaging widgets together... anyone? Anyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Is there anyway to re add the 'Social Status' widget? I like to use that, the social networking, and messaging widgets together... anyone? Anyone?

Download the 'removedapps.zip' from the first post, extract StatusWidget.apk from it and place on your sdcard.

In terminal emulator, type the following:

su
install StatusWidget.apk

Let me know if that works.

mdowns989

Reaction score
Nah.... error... is it in that blur pak?
aefde960-d64c-ddb5.jpg

Wow... bad pic

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Nah.... error... is it in that blur pak?
aefde960-d64c-ddb5.jpg

Wow... bad pic

Yeah, I can't see a thing. Can you post a better pic or just type out the error?

You did extract StatusWidget.apk and place it on the root (not in any folders) of your sdcard, right?

mdowns989

Reaction score
Got it working... saw your directions in an email and was incomplete... read forum... worked fine just didn't realize the app was in the removed app zip.... thought I read a list somewhere and wasn't on it so didnt try... thanks man!!

713King

Reaction score
am i just a big fail or what? how do i restore the adw app drawer to its original state? i dont even know how the messaging app was dropped there when I chose the desktop