[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

Reaction score
I have a back up to stock but is says md5 not matched and it reboots into apex. I get an error halfway through the installation and it removes my root access.

You'll need to get ahold of the full sbf file for the leak if you are on it or for .315 if you didn't do the leak. Then flash it from RSDlite to reset yourself to stock. Then upgrade to .340 OTA and you're caught up with the rest of us.

Philgray101

Reaction score
Hey guys I was rooted but I wanted to just completely get rid of everything I had on my phone including the apex rom and go back to stock. Nothing has worked for me so far. First I tried unrooting and rebooting but it did nothing but unroot. Then I tried a factory reset and it did nothing but clear my data. I then went to system updates in my phone menu and tried to install one but when I started the download it just took me to clockworkmod recovery mode. Please someone help me just become a normal droid x like it just came out of a store.

Here's my phone info..

System Version: Version 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version:2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e
Build Number:Apex 1.02.2

Reaction score
Hey guys I was rooted but I wanted to just completely get rid of everything I had on my phone including the apex rom and go back to stock. Nothing has worked for me so far. First I tried unrooting and rebooting but it did nothing but unroot. Then I tried a factory reset and it did nothing but clear my data. I then went to system updates in my phone menu and tried to install one but when I started the download it just took me to clockworkmod recovery mode. Please someone help me just become a normal droid x like it just came out of a store.

Here's my phone info..

System Version: Version 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version:2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e
Build Number:Apex 1.02.2

Download these files to the root of your SD card, boot into clockwork recovery and install them all at once WITHOUT REBOOTING THE PHONE until you are done with the 340 system file. So install the bootloader, then the kernel, then the baseband, and finally the 340 system file. When it reboots you will be running the newest OTA of unrooted froyo. Then dial *228 and press option 2 to reset due to the baseband update.

FWIW, you got really lucky not to brick your phone. In the future I strongly recommend to research exactly how to get back to stock before you just start doing stuff like applying random updates or wiping things as this is how bricks happen. The info is out there on this forum, mydroidworld, droidxforums etc... You get back to stock by using the link I posted or flashing the correct sbf file from a computer running RSDlite.

Philgray101

Reaction score
okay well everything installed successfully and I followed your exact instructions, but when I went to reboot. It took me to a screen that says:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

..So I connected my data cable and instaed of Connect USB Data Cable..it says Transfer Mode: USB

What went wrong? When I try to power the phone off and on it shows the motorola logo for a second and then takes me right back to this screen..

Reaction score
Did you wipe data before you installed the system file like it said to in the thread I linked? Can you boot into recovery at all?

Reaction score
No it isn't. You can recover a brick using the full .320 sbf. Directions on how to sbf are available on mydroidworld or just google it.

Worst case scenario you can also take it in to verizon for a replacement on the spot. It isn't rooted and all you have to say is that you installed the update and then this happened. But the sbf should fix you just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Lifeiskilingme79

Reaction score
I am completely confused right now. I am coming from Rubix 1.6 and I want to run Apex 1.0.2.2 I am certain that I did everything right. I got into the bootloader cleared cache and data and installed the .zip from my sd card.

Everything loads up and you would think nothing was wrong except that my contacts app doesn't work at all. Whenever I try to open a contact, it just closes the the homescreen. I know this was an issue early on but then it was address by Fab pretty quick. I also am not able to make calls out or receive any calls. I downloaded the BlurContacts.apk provided earlier in the forum (I read through about 95% of it), installed it, and nothing changed.

I have done everything I can think of to fix this issue. I have reinstalled over the top of the rom, I have cleared data and cache and done a clean install, and I have nandroided back to Rubix and reinstalled from there no with luck.

I am running Kernel 2.6.32.9-ga42712e which should be the .15 kernel since I never updated my phone (that I know of).
If anyone could help it would be great. I really like this rom but not to the point where it turns my phone into a $500 text messaging device.

Thanks in advance.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am completely confused right now. I am coming from Rubix 1.6 and I want to run Apex 1.0.2.2 I am certain that I did everything right. I got into the bootloader cleared cache and data and installed the .zip from my sd card.

Everything loads up and you would think nothing was wrong except that my contacts app doesn't work at all. Whenever I try to open a contact, it just closes the the homescreen. I know this was an issue early on but then it was address by Fab pretty quick. I also am not able to make calls out or receive any calls. I downloaded the BlurContacts.apk provided earlier in the forum (I read through about 95% of it), installed it, and nothing changed.

I have done everything I can think of to fix this issue. I have reinstalled over the top of the rom, I have cleared data and cache and done a clean install, and I have nandroided back to Rubix and reinstalled from there no with luck.

I am running Kernel 2.6.32.9-ga42712e which should be the .15 kernel since I never updated my phone (that I know of).
If anyone could help it would be great. I really like this rom but not to the point where it turns my phone into a $500 text messaging device.

Thanks in advance.

Are you changing the lcd density. I've heard that the dialer does not play well when that is changed.

Also, 1.3.0 Apex is out now, so you could look into upgrading to that. I'm loving it, and I haven't heard problems like yours (other than people changing lcd density)

I'm late to the apex game, so I don't know what this version required, but 1.3.0 works on the OTA 2.3.340 system update.

Cmonson

Reaction score
Currently running this rom and I must say I haven't had any problems yet...good job boss

rmaddx43

Reaction score
currently running this rom i really enjoy it but ever since switching from rubix i seen a significantly big loss in battery life about 8 hrs. has anyone else experienced this or know a fix?