[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

gammaguy

Reaction score
Any ideas why when I do an SMS restore with both MyBackup and Sprite Backup it screws up the timestamps to all display the restore time for every message when using the moto text?

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Any ideas why when I do an SMS restore with both MyBackup and Sprite Backup it screws up the timestamps to all display the restore time for every message when using the moto text?

Sorry, I don't have any experience with those apps. But were you perhaps using a 2.3.15 based ROM when you made those backups? It had the timestamp bug which was fixed by 2.3.320, so could that be the issue?

dogswind

Reaction score
After using this a while, I gotta say it's really nice. Fast and stable. I didn't think I would like the animations and transitions, but they are pretty slick. Great job on this one!

mdowns989

Reaction score
The rom is awesome!! Question though... the social networking widget ( only blur I like) doesn't work or update and the social status widget is missing... any quick fixes?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I've updated the build for 2.3.15 users too so now every Droid X owner can enjoy ApeX, regardless of whether they updated to the leak or not!

For 2.3.15 users, the build is 1.0.2.1

For 2.3.320 users, the build is 1.2.1

Both are available in the first post! Enjoy! Thanks!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to give this a try in the upcoming days, I have a quick question though. Does your app allow for Facebook Sync.. like does it sync people's Facebook photos in to their Contact page.

I only ask because I wanted to give Darkslide a try and I flashed it and it didn't do that and I guess I have an OCD for photos because that really bothered me so I had to restore back to a few days old rubiX and now restore all of my old apps.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and installed it, gave myself a heart attack because I wasn't ready for the amount of time it took to load the motorola/android screen.

I have to say that this ROM flies, like absolutely flies.. only problem is that again it doesn't sync Facebook photos..

:( I guess I'll keep it on for a few days before flashing back to rubiX

EDIT: One contact has sync'd :)

hopefully the rest will overnight.. will respond tomorrow

EDIT AGAIN: apparently i can't click on a contact to view their contact profile.. clicking on the contact just boots me out to the home screen

:(

Last edited:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Hopefully the Contact thing can be fixed because this rom is seriously blazing fast.. and it' s the first one that has recognized my droid x as a device on my computer

EDIT: Figured I'd add that I'm on the 2.3.15

Last edited:

mdowns989

Reaction score
Contacts work fine for me... just want the social status widget to go with messages and social status... great rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Are you on the 2.3.15? I don't get it everytime I click a contact it just takes me to my home screen, and if I longpress and click view contact it just takes me to the main contacts screen

Thankfully I can press on the pictures and get the calling/texting/browsing buttons there but I don't understand why mine doesn't work.. I've cleared data and everything.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys, 2.3.15 users will have to bear with me as I don't have a great way to test that version (on 2.3.320 myself). It seems like the 2.2.1 contacts app doesn't play nice with 2.3.15.

Let me go dig up the 2.2 contacts app and see if installing that fixes the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EDIT: Try downloading this contacts app to your sdcard:

fabdroid.com/images/BlurContacts.apk

Then, in terminal emulator:

su
install BlurContacts.apk

*be careful as some browsers may append/rename that file to a .zip, be sure it is an APK before installing

Please let me know how this turns out/if it fixes the kick out to home issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

matalo

Reaction score
Can you please advise on how the switch app script works? I would like to revert to the AOSP email app as strange as it sounds. Is it as simple as uninstall -email?

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Can you please advise on how the switch app script works? I would like to revert to the AOSP email app as strange as it sounds. Is it as simple as uninstall -email?

every script has an instructions/help when you run it with nothing appended to it:

i.e.

su
email

will show you email [-mot] [-aosp] [-none]. Those are your 3 choices. In your case, you would then want to run:

email -aosp

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Hey guys, 2.3.15 users will have to bear with me as I don't have a great way to test that version (on 2.3.320 myself). It seems like the 2.2.1 contacts app doesn't play nice with 2.3.15.

Let me go dig up the 2.2 contacts app and see if installing that fixes the issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EDIT: Try downloading this contacts app to your sdcard:

fabdroid.com/images/BlurContacts.apk

Then, in terminal emulator:

su
install BlurContacts.apk

*be careful as some browsers may append/rename that file to a .zip, be sure it is an APK before installing

Please let me know how this turns out/if it fixes the kick out to home issue. Thanks!

Worked! Another thing I've noticed is that while the contacts pictures sync with the contacts app it doesn't carry over to the messaging app, hopefully fixing the contacts will cause that to work.

Sorry to sound so pickyy, but this is the most amazing ROM I've ever ran on my DX.

Thanks so much for your help.

matalo

Reaction score
Thanks.

I did not notice a readme file with your zip and your initial post does not fully explain how to use the scripts, hence my question.