[ROM] ApeX 1.0.2.x for Droid 2

mza929

Reaction score
Can..

Can someone put a sticky on this or give Fab a section in D2 roms so people know about this rom more clearly. Us D2 users have slim pickins when it come to roms :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would like to see this as well. It is mentioned in the sticky thread about which rom is right for you though and if it isn't mentioned in the working roms sticky I'll post there as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mza929

Reaction score
lost root

somehow the hot fix made me lose root... and i cant find the root app in the market, can some one send me a link?

EDIT I found the apk... lets see if it works.

Last edited:
OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
somehow the hot fix made me lose root... and i cant find the root app in the market, can some one send me a link?

EDIT I found the apk... lets see if it works.

That's very odd...anyone else experience this? All it does is replace 2 files :/

z4root will work though, for sure.

---------------------------

Also, I just finished a new theme, you guys might like this:

Gingerbread 2.3 - Android 2.3 theme built from the SDK Image

gbtheme-2.png
gbtheme-1.png

Installation Instructions: Just install this with clockwork recovery or rom manager. No need to wipe, mount, or uninstall any updates. The Nexus LWP using Nexus colors and a 'Dark' background is what is in the screenshot.

The following download is compatible with ALL ApeX versions:

Fabolous_GBTheme_ApeX.zip

wmnomore

Reaction score
Nice work fab.
Love the reboot option. GB theme is nice. Is there anyway to bring in the black menu buttons?
Thanks so much for your skills.

wmnomore

Reaction score
anyone see a 3g connectivity problem with the hot fix or theme?

microsnook

Reaction score
Hmm, my weatherbug isnt connecting now that you say that. But that might have happened before i flashed the hotfix.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Nice work fab.
Love the reboot option. GB theme is nice. Is there anyway to bring in the black menu buttons?
Thanks so much for your skills.

Black menu buttons are pretty tough, AFAIK noone's figured out how to change only the text color on those menus to white.

So the workaround would to be changing systemwide fonts to gray, which look alright no the black menu buttons, but pretty bad on the white buttons and in the notification text area, and in the market, etc. etc.

So I just left the menus white :)

microsnook

Reaction score
Yes, my buttons are black with black text, but its not a huge deal. But hopefully we can get the white text on there : ).

Fabulous, if you talk with thebowers on here, he might be able to help you change the font color of the menu boxes....im pretty sure hes done it w/ the D1.

Keep us posted ;)

droidster123

Reaction score
when i try to launch swype it says, activity not found. Im not sure what to do