[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

weatherman334

Reaction score
I'm back!
Anyway. After digging around on Google, I've managed to find a fix for MMS messages, outside of deleting/modifying telephony.db. I kinda felt that modifying system files was a bad idea, and no one seemed to know why deleting or renaming telephony.db worked, or even what the file was for, so I took it into my own hands to find an alternative method of getting MMS to work.

Go to Settings, Wireless & Networks, More..., Mobile Networks, Access Point Names. Scroll down until you find whichever APN that your phone is using - in my case, my phone uses "LTE - Verizon Internet". Tap on the selection - NOT the blue bubble on the right - and scroll down until you find "MMSC". Tap on that, and in the box that comes up, type "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms", without the quotes. Submit, press the Menu key, tap "save", back out to the Home screen, and reset. Hopefully, this should fix things.

I tried that typed it in made sure all was correct saved it rebooted and still no dice :/

Jishkah

Reaction score
Hm... that's odd. I've noticed that, with CyanogenMod, sending an MMS is either a hit or a miss. Every once in a while, it'll send, but otherwise? Nope. Truth be told, I don't know if my recent MMS messages have been sent, either... since I never get a reply.

Anyway, yeah. I don't really feel comfortable with deleting a system file like telephony.db. I'd rather know exactly what the file does before I delete it; it's normally inaccessible for a reason, y'know?

Anyway, as for my previous post... look. I'm thankful for the work that the developer has put into this ROM. Really, I am - in fact, I use it as my daily driver. However, I feel like it wasn't quite ready to be pushed into "Stable" status; I get random freezes, sound cuts out every once in a while, the lockscreen freezes/crashes (thus needing a simulated battery pull), MMS messages don't send, the works. Basically, everything works fine until, well... it doesn't. And when it doesn't, all hell breaks loose. The ROM feels more like a beta build than anything. Anyway, is there any way that I could directly communicate with the developer of this ROM and offer my input? It seems like he's not too active on either this forum or the XDA Forums, and, since I'm basically sticking with CyanogenMod on the Droid 4, I'd like to help with bug reports and other issues. It's a brilliant ROM, and a brilliant port, but it still needs quite a bit of polish.

EDIT: One theory that I have in regards to fixing MMS is to boot up the stock ROM, look at your Mobile Network/APN settings, and copy any and all settings over to CyanogenMod. A lot of the APN settings in CM are not set, and I'm wondering if that may be causing the MMS send failure - if you copy the settings (port numbers, MMSM, all of those things), it may work as intended. However, I'm also wondering if, by copying the settings over from the stock ROM to CM, you'll lose access to wireless tethering.

Last edited:

weatherman334

Reaction score
Hm... that's odd. I've noticed that, with CyanogenMod, sending an MMS is either a hit or a miss. Every once in a while, it'll send, but otherwise? Nope. Truth be told, I don't know if my recent MMS messages have been sent, either... since I never get a reply.

Anyway, yeah. I don't really feel comfortable with deleting a system file like telephony.db. I'd rather know exactly what the file does before I delete it; it's normally inaccessible for a reason, y'know?

Anyway, as for my previous post... look. I'm thankful for the work that the developer has put into this ROM. Really, I am - in fact, I use it as my daily driver. However, I feel like it wasn't quite ready to be pushed into "Stable" status; I get random freezes, sound cuts out every once in a while, the lockscreen freezes/crashes (thus needing a simulated battery pull), MMS messages don't send, the works. Basically, everything works fine until, well... it doesn't. And when it doesn't, all hell breaks loose. The ROM feels more like a beta build than anything. Anyway, is there any way that I could directly communicate with the developer of this ROM and offer my input? It seems like he's not too active on either this forum or the XDA Forums, and, since I'm basically sticking with CyanogenMod on the Droid 4, I'd like to help with bug reports and other issues. It's a brilliant ROM, and a brilliant port, but it still needs quite a bit of polish.

EDIT: One theory that I have in regards to fixing MMS is to boot up the stock ROM, look at your Mobile Network/APN settings, and copy any and all settings over to CyanogenMod. A lot of the APN settings in CM are not set, and I'm wondering if that may be causing the MMS send failure - if you copy the settings (port numbers, MMSM, all of those things), it may work as intended. However, I'm also wondering if, by copying the settings over from the stock ROM to CM, you'll lose access to wireless tethering.

I may try that but I also had an issue with the wireless tethering on cm 10.1 I'm able to see it on my pc but cannot connect tto it is there an app I should be using PR should I use the built in app!?

Technix2002

Reaction score
I may try that but I also had an issue with the wireless tethering on cm 10.1 I'm able to see it on my pc but cannot connect tto it is there an app I should be using PR should I use the built in app!?

Same here, just tried cm-10.1-20130709-NIGHTLY-maserati.zip and it appears that the Wifi Tether is not working. When I tried it, it also seemed to mess with being able to turn Wifi and BT back on. Not a real big deal since a reboot fixed being able to turn Wifi and BT back on.

Theron

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with GPS? Mine won't lock on at all. This results in Google Navigation not working, which results in me being lost. All the ****ing time. I've tried a couple of different builds now. It was working fine, and then one day it stopped and hasn't locked on since.

My workouts are all guess work now, I can't map any thing out, and driving is now a dangerous combo of trying to figure out my stupid phones little picture of the map and watching for all the collective asses on the road.

I hoped the stable build would fix this issue for me, but so far no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time, and for reading my minirant.

Jishkah

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with GPS? Mine won't lock on at all. This results in Google Navigation not working, which results in me being lost. All the ****ing time. I've tried a couple of different builds now. It was working fine, and then one day it stopped and hasn't locked on since.

My workouts are all guess work now, I can't map any thing out, and driving is now a dangerous combo of trying to figure out my stupid phones little picture of the map and watching for all the collective asses on the road.

I hoped the stable build would fix this issue for me, but so far no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time, and for reading my minirant.

Did you notice that it stopped locking on after the new Google Maps/Navigation update? I just drove to the library a half hour ago, and my Navigation app didn't want to work. At all. No voice, couldn't lock on to my location, the works.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
For those of you on older CM builds, be sure to pick up the latest "stable" tagged cm-10.1.2 build on get.cm:
CyanogenMod Downloads

This includes all of the latest APK/security exploit patches. We want to be rooted and have fun on our devices, but best to do it in the safest possible manner.

working great dude. thank you for the continued support

weatherman334

Reaction score
For those of you on older CM builds, be sure to pick up the latest "stable" tagged cm-10.1.2 build on get.cm:
CyanogenMod Downloads

This includes all of the latest APK/security exploit patches. We want to be rooted and have fun on our devices, but best to do it in the safest possible manner.

So far so good :) thanks for the continued support :)

Technix2002

Reaction score
Hascode = Dev Hero!

Looks good so far, just curious if anyone has had any luck lately wiht the built-in Wifi Tether? I probably mess mine up every time by trying to get it to work in infrastructure mode.. A couple months back one of the nightly builds allowed me to use netd (Infrastructure), but I'm not sure which of the phone profiles I used.. It seems that when I start messing with it that I can't even get it back to working in Ad-hoc mode. Apple products seem to need my hot spot to be in netd to work?

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
For any of y'all that have been having MMS send/receive issues on 10.1, I managed to dig out a fix from 7.x on an HTC that actually works for us. The original post can be found here.

Followed this, and I'm now sending/receiving MMS without a hitch! I even get SMS receipts from fellow Verizon users as well!

I feel as happy as Dexter after finally finding his laser gun!
View attachment 64365

Followed this and I can now send AND receive MMS messages. Hooray.

Edit: The fix was sadly short-lived. Less than 48 hours later I can no longer send or receive MMS =(

Last edited: