[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
I've been running the stable build since it's release with no problems. However, today my phone shut off and required a hard reset to turn on again (after about 30 min of letting it sit). When it came back up the splash screen after SS showed the "sick" droid with an exclamation mark over it. I did a hard reset, went into SS and wiped davlik/cache and CM finally came back up. I don't know what caused it, but as soon as it loaded the OS several Google apps updated. Restarted without recurrence of the issue. Just thought I'd put this here in case there is a problem in the future.

I encountered two additional problems today. The first is actually a recurring problem from a previous nightly that I thought had been resolved in the stable release. Every couple of days, when I receive an incoming call, the phone app will freeze and I won't be able to place or receive calls until i restart the phone. When this happens the screen goes black while the phone rings and vibrates (like a normal incoming call). After a while the option to force close the phone app will pop up, and no matter what option I choose it won't work again until I reboot. The second is minor, but as others have mentioned I lose custom ringtones and alerts when I restart. Have tried wiping cache/davlik and reflashing the stable. Persists. Again, I love this rom and am not trying to discredit it. I just wanted to pass info along. =)

TrenTech

Reaction score
I'm on the stable build, mms works fine, torch light works fine, no freezing at all, haven't tested expanded desktop and google hangout would be a problem with the app not the rom which by the way also works flawlessly for me. Maybe you should re-flash your phone before jumping to conclusions and be great-ful someone took the time to build this rom when they didn't have to. Its the most stable cyanogen rom I've seen since the droid 4 was released. As far as I'm concerned, stable is spot on.

ghatala

Reaction score
I don't pay attention to the bars displayed. From home I show one maybe two bars. I use an app called Open Signal and it shows btwn 75 and 85% and my data and calls are spot on. The stock JB also showed a weak signal.

louspinuso

Reaction score
Just came back to CM after spending some time away on just rooted stock (which I am so over) and so far the only problem I have, and it's a big one for me, is Bluetooth dies on restart. I'm going to reboot the phone and clear cache/data, but this is a real PITA. I am on the latest "stable" release and am afraid to try a nightly at this time.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
For any of y'all that have been having MMS send/receive issues on 10.1, I managed to dig out a fix from 7.x on an HTC that actually works for us. The original post can be found here.

I don't know why this isn't more widely posted but I had the same problem and had to dig to find a fix.

1. You will need a root file explorer like Root Explorer.
2. Navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
3. Rename telephony.db to telephony.db.xx
4. Reboot your phone and all should be well.

I didn't lose my test messages, but thats not to say that you wont. Be sure to get any information you need out of your text messages beforehand, just in case.

Good luck!

Followed this, and I'm now sending/receiving MMS without a hitch! I even get SMS receipts from fellow Verizon users as well!

I feel as happy as Dexter after finally finding his laser gun!
View attachment 64365

sean9721

Reaction score
For any of y'all that have been having MMS send/receive issues on 10.1, I managed to dig out a fix from 7.x on an HTC that actually works for us. The original post can be found here.

Followed this, and I'm now sending/receiving MMS without a hitch! I even get SMS receipts from fellow Verizon users as well!

I can confirm this works for LiquidSmooth. I imagine it will work for CM10.1 also.

weatherman334

Reaction score
Downloaded the stable release a few days ago. No major problems it does freeze every once in a while and I have had one crash so far! But hey I even get that on stock! But one issue I am having is with the WiFi tether apps None of them work or I use the built in one and my PC will not connect to it!

sean9721

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I get a MMS, there is a notification, but when I click on it there is no message to be shown. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem. It doesn't show the message, but I get a notification for it.

weatherman334

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I get a MMS, there is a notification, but when I click on it there is no message to be shown. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem. It doesn't show the message, but I get a notification for it.

I actually do have this issue too! It doesn't happen every time but it does Happend and I also have an issue with MMS that I send a picture and it says sending but never sends! And I have another issue with text messaging that I get the same text 4-5 times! Any fixes for this!?

louspinuso

Reaction score

I haven't had this problem recently, however, when I did have this problem, the date on the message would be wrong (like1969 wrong) and id have to scroll to the bottom to find the message. Check all the way at the bottom of your messages and see if they're there.

louspinuso

Reaction score
I have another issue with text messaging that I get the same text 4-5 times! Any fixes for this!?

The only time I get this is when my fiancee sends me text messages from work (where all cell signal is awful cause of interference from high power medical equipment). I think its the other phone just re-sending till it gets ack from the network that the message was received by the network. It doesn't happen when she's anywhere else.

sean9721

Reaction score
I haven't had this problem recently, however, when I did have this problem, the date on the message would be wrong (like1969 wrong) and id have to scroll to the bottom to find the message. Check all the way at the bottom of your messages and see if they're there.

Even with Go SMS Pro it wouldn't download the pictures. Thank you for your suggestion though.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
For ppl still having MMS issues and the earlier telephony.db trick didn't work, try Verizon Messages app from Play Store... I was successfully using it for MMS for about two weeks with no issues. Supports group MMS as well.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

weatherman334

Reaction score
The only time I get this is when my fiancee sends me text messages from work (where all cell signal is awful cause of interference from high power medical equipment). I think its the other phone just re-sending till it gets ack from the network that the message was received by the network. It doesn't happen when she's anywhere else.

Well what is weird is when I was on stock it would happen but not as bad as when I'm running 10.1.0

Jishkah

Reaction score
I'm back!
Anyway. After digging around on Google, I've managed to find a fix for MMS messages, outside of deleting/modifying telephony.db. I kinda felt that modifying system files was a bad idea, and no one seemed to know why deleting or renaming telephony.db worked, or even what the file was for, so I took it into my own hands to find an alternative method of getting MMS to work.

Go to Settings, Wireless & Networks, More..., Mobile Networks, Access Point Names. Scroll down until you find whichever APN that your phone is using - in my case, my phone uses "LTE - Verizon Internet". Tap on the selection - NOT the blue bubble on the right - and scroll down until you find "MMSC". Tap on that, and in the box that comes up, type "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms", without the quotes. Submit, press the Menu key, tap "save", back out to the Home screen, and reset. Hopefully, this should fix things.