[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

ghatala

Reaction score
BT audio works great. Thanks for all your great work guys.

drp5069

Reaction score
i wish the camera flash could be fixed, other than that, it's great

MerkXR4

Reaction score
I am loving this ROM but am currently dealing with an issue (that may require wiping my ROM slot and starting over) that someone may have a suggestion for.

This morning I successfully had the phone bluetooth paired with my car's audio as well as the OBDII bluetooth module I have for giving me real-time diagnostics from the car. The phone was also working and I called the phone at my desk in the office and left a voicemail to make sure it all sounded clear.

While in work I started restoring some things from Titanium Backup - which I believe is why the phone currently has an issue. I restored many apps and widgets and such, but also restored things like my old call logs and MMS messages. I rebooted for good measure after all of that and now have the "UNFORTUNATELY THE PROCESS.COM.ANDROID.PHONE HAS STOPPED" message. I can't get my phone to connect to any networks, even with switching the network modes in the settings menu in between pressing 'ok' every time the message comes up (about once every 5-10 seconds once pressing ok).

I went into SafeStrap and re-installed the zip file over the current system (in attempt to fix what I broke). After booting up and the app optimization and everything, the phone still has the same issue.

Is there any easier way to fix this than wiping the ROM slot and starting over?
Also, does anyone know which specific thing that I restored would cause this problem (so I can avoid doing it next time around)?

Thanks all!

dangerusty

Reaction score
Anyone else get across-the-board lag when their wifi searches for networks in the background, or roams between access points when connected to a large network? This has happened for me since the first build I flashed (a while ago), and is most noticeable when I'm listening to something on a bluetooth headset and walking around one of these networks (the audio cuts out repeatedly for seconds at a time, but the audio app keeps playing).

Edit: My wifi also has a really hard time roaming between APs (disconnects all the time).

Last edited:

louspinuso

Reaction score
Ok, haven't tested BT yet, but I tried Speakerphone this morning and I was unable to have a conversation. It appears as if my mic wasn't working. Also I occasionally get teh audio dropping out while on a call. I got this with the VZ rom for this phone and I think this is linked to DSP audio, but never seem to have this problem in Eclipse. Hope to test BT later this evening.

tomf80

Reaction score
Ok, haven't tested BT yet, but I tried Speakerphone this morning and I was unable to have a conversation. It appears as if my mic wasn't working.
I have this same issue.

Hope to test BT later this evening.
Hoping to see this one work. I'm not one for Bluetooth for calls, but I use it to listen to podcasts or music and I have to turn off bluetooth and reboot the phone to be able to talk on it again after using Bluetooth.

Theron

Reaction score
So, what's the word on dock compatibility? Because I am totally digging this ROM, but it's killing me how the phone simply doesn't recognize that it's in the car dock. It doesn't really bother me that the Dock app doesn't launch, but the orientation doesn't even change, which makes it a pain.

Also, is there any way to re-enable Webtop? Because I use my Lapdock all the time, and the fact that this ROM doesn't have it is the only thing that makes me want to revert.

I'm not trying to be a PITA, just wondering what the progress is, or if there are any current ways to restore my Droid 4's docking capability. Thanks so much for this awesome ROM, and I can't wait to see it get even better now that it's official.

GMonster

Reaction score
Re: Official CM10.1/JB 4.2.2 ROM Development [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

So, what's the word on dock compatibility? Because I am totally digging this ROM, but it's killing me how the phone simply doesn't recognize that it's in the car dock. It doesn't really bother me that the Dock app doesn't launch, but the orientation doesn't even change, which makes it a pain.

Also, is there any way to re-enable Webtop? Because I use my Lapdock all the time, and the fact that this ROM doesn't have it is the only thing that makes me want to revert.

I'm not trying to be a PITA, just wondering what the progress is, or if there are any current ways to restore my Droid 4's docking capability. Thanks so much for this awesome ROM, and I can't wait to see it get even better now that it's official.

I didn't have a problem with the car dock part (the app doesn't run) but the orientation does work as needed. You may try reflashing and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

MerkXR4

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing with the Car Dock - the screen does NOT orient itself to landscape when placed in the dock (speaking of the Droid 4 Motorola car dock). This is the same as leaving the orientation sensor turned on and trying to get the home screen to go horizontal - that doesn't work either.

Weird thing is, though, if you slide the keyboard out then the home screens will go horizontal as they should.

I was trying on my commute to work to restore (using TiBu) the Vehicle Mode and Car Dock services but the phone would just hang while trying to restore. I didn't have time to be patient and let them restore so I killed TiBu before it finished. Maybe I'll have some more patience later...

MerkXR4

Reaction score
Okay, so on screen orientation: I guess the default value on the ROM to to have this box UN-checked. To get the home screen (or you may want to think of it as the 'launcher') you have to go into the launcher settings and enable Auto-Rotate Screen. The menu tree is as follows:
Settings -> Launcher -> General -> Auto-Rotate Screen

Now my only issue with docking is that I don't believe the phone charges when sat on the dock, as well as it doesn't detect that it is on a dock and go into 'Vehicle Mode.' Like I said, I've seen some things listed in TiBu that refer to 'Car Dock' or 'Vehicle Mode' but I doubt just restoring them would enable functionality. Shouldn't charging at least work, the accessory cord should just apply the power to a pin that charges the phone, no? There shouldn't be any additional opening/closing of that circuit.

louspinuso

Reaction score
I've had the no charge problem with the dock with my stock rom. It seems that overtime the connector doesn't sit quite right in the dock and it won't charge. Try giving it a wiggle and see if that helps.

louspinuso

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally confirmed that BT definitely works with phone calls and music in my truck (which is about the only place I use BT). I was also able to verify that after I was done with BT and left BT on, I am still able to make phone calls.

Final point, I mentioned issues with sound cutting in/out sometime when I'm talking on the phone. I force stopped DSP manager and I get perfect sound. I'm not sure what it is, but when it does that it seems as if covering the mouthpiece with hand to block any external sound makes it work which leads me to believe that DSP manager is doing some sort of noise cancellation that just hoses me when I try to talk on the phone in regular mode (which is why speaker phone has always been so important for me as a workaround). I haven't had any issues since I force stopped it, I think I'll go into TiBa and freeze it just to make sure it doesn't cause any trouble (and yes, I can still play music with it off)

louspinuso

Reaction score
One last question, cause I think I'm going stupid looking at options, how do I turn on USB Debugging? I can't seem to find it anymore.