[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

hayjude99

Reaction score
Honestly, if I were you, I would revert to complete stock here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...galaxy-nexus-100-stock-locked-bootloader.html

T
hen root with this guide. How to Root Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

Flash clockworkmod How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Rooted Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

Then download the gummyjar ROM and gapps

Put them in the root of your SD card when its plugged into your computer

Boot into fastboot mode (both volume buttons and power button when off)

Hit the volume button twice until you see recovery. Select that with the power button.

You should now see the image another user posted with cyan colored font.

Go to "backup and restore" and make a backup

Then go back to the main menu. Choose "wipe data/factory reset".

Once that completes, just for good measure go to the main menu again and then to "Advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache"

Go back to the main menu and go to "install zip from SD card"-->"choose zip from SD card"

Choose the gummyjar rom and install. Then choose the gapps and install that.

Then go to the main menu and reboot. The reboot will take quite a while. Don't battery pull or anything, the scarylong boot is normal.

After you boot, go get root explorer from the market and go to system and delete recovery-from-boot.p (you have to hit the little button at the top to mount it as R/W first)

Now you should be good.

Last edited:

otter34

Reaction score
My apologies. I thought your post was intended for someone else. I installed clockwork recovery originally w/ rom manager.

hayjude99

Reaction score
OK, that works to, but you still have to delete the file to get it to stick.

Did you do the other steps? They really don't take that long, and a fresh start might be what you need.

mtnbst

Reaction score
Now that cwm is installed... (gsm), I can't uninstall and reinstall the cdma version correctly... Correct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

otter34

Reaction score
OK, that works to, but you still have to delete the file to get it to stick.

Did you do the other steps? They really don't take that long, and a fresh start might be what you need.

sorry I thought I was responding to sbenson. Yeah I really am thinking about returning to stock, but I was thinking that if I had clockwork installed properly then everything might be OK since I could install a ROM.

mtnbst

Reaction score
Update... Just unlocked and rooted dad, and installed cdma correctly. thank you

hayjude99

Reaction score
@otter34
I laid it all out, I think you should just do it and get it over with

Last edited:

otter34

Reaction score
@otter34
I laid it all out, I think you should just do it and get it over with

You definitely did. I saw that and I am VERY appreciative believe me! I just figured I'd try installing cwr first and see if that works since it would save me some time (in theory ;-))

hayjude99

Reaction score
OK lemme know how it turns out

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Flashing the stock images is something, as Galaxy Nexus owners, we should all learn at some point :biggrin:. That is what I would do as well. There are plenty of rescue squad members that are more than happy to help you along the way should you run into issues.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that cwm is installed... (gsm), I can't uninstall and reinstall the cdma version correctly... Correct?

You don't need to reinstall anything. Just open rom manager and reflash clockwork recovery. Select cdma this time. Use root explorer to edit that one file. You should be good to go.

otter34

Reaction score
Honestly, if I were you, I would revert to complete stock here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...galaxy-nexus-100-stock-locked-bootloader.html

T
hen root with this guide. How to Root Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

Flash clockworkmod How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Rooted Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com

Then download the gummyjar ROM and gapps

Put them in the root of your SD card when its plugged into your computer

Boot into fastboot mode (both volume buttons and power button when off)

Hit the volume button twice until you see recovery. Select that with the power button.

You should now see the image another user posted with cyan colored font.

Go to "backup and restore" and make a backup

Then go back to the main menu. Choose "wipe data/factory reset".

Once that completes, just for good measure go to the main menu again and then to "Advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache"

Go back to the main menu and go to "install zip from SD card"-->"choose zip from SD card"

Choose the gummyjar rom and install. Then choose the gapps and install that.

Then go to the main menu and reboot. The reboot will take quite a while. Don't battery pull or anything, the scarylong boot is normal.

After you boot, go get root explorer from the market and go to system and delete recovery-from-boot.p (you have to hit the little button at the top to mount it as R/W first)

Now you should be good.

I couldn't install cwr...waiting for device problem. So I decided to do what you suggested originally and return to stock. I'm confused about these commands though:

1. adb reboot bootloader
  2. fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
  3. fastboot reboot-bootloader
  4. fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
do I go to the file folder and double click those and launch from there or do I do something from the dos prompt? How do I adb reboot bootloader then fastboot everything else?

hayjude99

Reaction score
Flashing the stock images is something, as Galaxy Nexus owners, we should all learn at some point :biggrin:.

I've already done it 4 times xD

hayjude99

Reaction score
@otter34 once you download the files in the tutorial, extract them to an empty file. Then open the file and hold control and right click. Choose "open command prompt here" and enter those commands one by one after the previous one finishes.

hayjude99

Reaction score
Make sure your device is plugged in and USB debugging is on. If you can't get the adb command to work you can always just go into fast boot yourself and run the rest of the commands.