[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

citronbull

Reaction score
Sorry if I was unclear. I installed the Gummynex ROM 0.8.1 and everything was working fine. A few days later, I deleted the zip file of the same ROM from my phone by accident. Everything was still working fine, I just did not have the zip file in my phone in case I have to reinstall. About a week after that, I tried to flash a gummy theme I saw on rootzwiki, that is when all my problems started. I guess that particular theme was not compatible with my ROM so keep getting stuck on the gummy boot screen. I tried wiping cache/data, nothing helped. As I mentioned previously, I did not make a backup. I hope that clarifies my problem and I hope I did not BRICK the phone. I really need help, I want to be able to use this phone again and not get a replacement or a refurb.

wooddale

Reaction score
Sorry if I was unclear. I installed the Gummynex ROM 0.8.1 and everything was working fine. A few days later, I deleted the zip file of the same ROM from my phone by accident. Everything was still working fine, I just did not have the zip file in my phone in case I have to reinstall. About a week after that, I tried to flash a gummy theme I saw on rootzwiki, that is when all my problems started. I guess that particular theme was not compatible with my ROM so keep getting stuck on the gummy boot screen. I tried wiping cache/data, nothing helped. As I mentioned previously, I did not make a backup. I hope that clarifies my problem and I hope I did not BRICK the phone. I really need help, I want to be able to use this phone again and not get a replacement or a refurb.

Your phone is not bricked but if you didnt make a backup your gonna need togo back to stock if you unlocked your bootloader just go back and follow the instructions and you will be able to bring your phone back to bone stock. Then you can start over again. Without a back up or at least another rok on your sd card I dont think you have much choice. Remember to always make backups.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure how you rooted/unlocked but you should be able to use Wug's Toolkit to go back to stock. I have never used it so I can not speak on how it works or give any pointers as to how to use it.

citronbull

Reaction score
Not sure how you rooted/unlocked but you should be able to use Wug's Toolkit to go back to stock. I have never used it so I can not speak on how it works or give any pointers as to how to use it.

I was able to go back to stock. Then I re-rooted and now I did a backup. I'm a happy camper again. Love the support with this phone!

MendedLogic

Reaction score
I need some help please I went to flash this and got and error and the install was aborted.. Error> Assert failed: Get Prop ("ro.product.device") Yes I am unlocked, rooted and CWRM installed (Touch Tuna.img) I went into CWRM and clear data, cashe and delvik then went to flash and that was the error I recieved.. Any help would be great..

thanks..

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need some help please I went to flash this and got and error and the install was aborted.. Error> Assert failed: Get Prop ("ro.product.device") Yes I am unlocked, rooted and CWRM installed (Touch Tuna.img) I went into CWRM and clear data, cashe and delvik then went to flash and that was the error I recieved.. Any help would be great..

thanks..

Either the rom is corrupt or its not compatible with the free version of touch recovery. Download rom manager from the market, then flash recovery from there and try again

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Either the rom is corrupt or its not compatible with the free version of touch recovery. Download rom manager from the market, then flash recovery from there and try again

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

Will this remove the touch tuna.img or just over write it?

That worked perfectly thanks so much! Still wondering what happened to the tuna tho...LOL

Last edited: