[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I always flash the GSM clockwork recovery version. For some reason the cdma version doesn't take to my phone. GSM works every time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
That sure seems like something you'll run into issues with down the line. Whatever works for you, I guess.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always flash the GSM clockwork recovery version. For some reason the cdma version doesn't take to my phone. GSM works every time.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

What do you mean it doesn't take? Are you editing the recovery file so you boot into cwm every time?

666ogre666

Reaction score
This is a strange issue and only seems to be happening to you... I wounder if it cause the gpu os overclocked in Imoseyons leankernel

I've tried with both launchers but the only thing that fixes it is restarting the launcher through the trebuchet settings. I've used lean kernel on other roms but this is the only one that does it.

mtnbst

Reaction score
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

What do you mean it doesn't take? Are you editing the recovery file so you boot into cwm every time?

When I would flash the cdma version, it would not flash. I it would say that it had completed... But recovery was not installed. I have flashed the GSM version probably 8 times and use it for mods/roms almost daily. I know it doesn't sound good but it's the only way I can get clockwork to function :/

Last edited:

otter34

Reaction score
OK, how the hell do I install the ROM. I tried to avoid asking the most basic, stupid question but I can't take it anymore. I read the instructions over and over but they aren't helping me. I finally have the correct version of CWM installed. I've been trying to unlock the bootloader, etc, etc since literally day 2 and getting the damn driver situation figured out and now I can't figure out the easiest damn part. Do I change the name to update and then reboot into recovery? If so where do I find the file? my options are reboot system now, apply update from/cache (which is what I tried to do), wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. I keep going back to the main page and it says to wipe, which I do, then to go to CWM which I do. Now what? (also when I wipe the market automatically restores my apps. Is that OK? With the droid I wouldn't do that until after I flashed)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
once the .zip is downloaded, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache in cdma clockworkmod recovery and simply select choose zip from sdcard. Then navigate to where you have the file located on your storage and select it. I hope this helps.

otter34

Reaction score
I don't have the option to choose zip from sd card.

I dropped the ROM onto the root of my nexus and changed the name to just update. Then of those 3 options I gave I have no "update" anyplace to be found. It's just not there anyplace that i can see. I have selected update from cache and then get 3 directories. I checked each of them out thoroughly and can't find "update"

edit: I see the option to install from sd card but that's in rom manager. I do that then when I wipe dalvik cache I see andy w/ his belly open and a red exclamation mark in the middle. Do I just wait or do I press the volume key and power? I normally pressed volume key and power and I have no option to install a ROM

edit 2: I gave up and tried to go to bugless beast and install from rom manager. It said waiting for sd card to mount (15seconds). Then it got tired of waiting for sd card..continuing anyways. Verifying sd card marker.
sd card marker not found...
error processing rom manager script. Please verify that you are performing the backup, restore or installation from rom manager v 4.4.0.0 or higher (I am).

However, then thing that came from this is the "normal" screen where i see:
reboot system now
install zip from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cahe
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
go back

Any idea what's going on? I tried to install zip from sd card, but got the error that: E: can't mount /sdcard/ installation aborted. I tried to select backup but got the same error even though I verified it was there with rom manager

Last edited:

mtnbst

Reaction score
Going to unlock/root and install CWM in dads Gnex tomorrow. Is there something different I need to do to get cdma to flash properly? I don't want to mess anything up (not sure why it works so well now?) 1. download from market 2. flash clockwork mod recovery 3. select cdma.
When I followed these steps in the past...CWM wasn't installed when I would attempt to go into recovery.

otter34

Reaction score
I'm having some serious problems and my phone is unusable. I keep getting force closes and my apps aren't there. I can't even login to anything. Voice search has stopped responding about 100x when I try to do anything. The home button does nothing but vibrate. All I can do is go backwards. I go to accounts and try to add account and am prompted to get an account. I click on that and it gives me a black screen again where all I can add an account. I click that and it brings me back. I've wiped and wiped and just now did a factory reset, but I still get the same problems. Everything has stopped as soon as I boot. Voice search, gmail are the main 2. How can I get my phone functional again? I can mount the phone so I can transfer files (in theory) but I can't install them and wouldn't even know what to install.

edit: I can make phone calls at least, but voice search keeps stopping in the middle of everything. When I try to login to market and "get an account" that force closes as well. I can't use the keyboard either. Nothing happens

I don't even know what rom I have. Kernel is 3.08-gaaa2611 build@apa28#1. Buildnumber ICL53F. Android version 4.0.2. I do have google wallet now so I know I have some rom on there.

I can't boot into recovery

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm having some serious problems and my phone is unusable. I keep getting force closes and my apps aren't there. I can't even login to anything. Voice search has stopped responding about 100x when I try to do anything. The home button does nothing but vibrate. All I can do is go backwards. I go to accounts and try to add account and am prompted to get an account. I click on that and it gives me a black screen again where all I can add an account. I click that and it brings me back. I've wiped and wiped and just now did a factory reset, but I still get the same problems. Everything has stopped as soon as I boot. Voice search, gmail are the main 2. How can I get my phone functional again? I can mount the phone so I can transfer files (in theory) but I can't install them and wouldn't even know what to install.

edit: I can make phone calls at least, but voice search keeps stopping in the middle of everything. When I try to login to market and "get an account" that force closes as well. I can't use the keyboard either. Nothing happens

I don't even know what rom I have. Kernel is 3.08-gaaa2611 build@apa28#1. Buildnumber ICL53F. Android version 4.0.2. I do have google wallet now so I know I have some rom on there.

I can't boot into recovery

Sounds like you borked your last rom install. Manually boot into recovery and flash your backup.

Power the phone off. Then hold both volume buttons + power until you boot into the boot loader. From there use the volume button to select recovery then the power button to confirm.

Once in recovery, wipe everything, then flash your backup. If you were stupid and didn't make a backup, place a freshly downloaded rom on your SD card and flash it instead. Have patience, no more battery pulling. Some things take time. You should be good to go now.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you boot into recovery, do you see this?

Second option from the top is how you install a rom. DO NOT rename your file update.zip.

I do not recommend downloading your roms through Rom Manager. Rom Manager is a finicky app and causes problems for a lot of people. Only use Rom Manager to flash clockwork recovery and to reboot into recovery. Download your rom manually either a) through your phone's browser - downloads will be saved to sdcard/Download or b) through your computer, then transfer them to your sd card via usb cable.

Once you have the rom on your phone, select wipe data/factory reset (third option from the top), confirm yes. Wait for it to finish - it may take a couple minutes.

Next, select advanced (seconds option from the bottom), then Wipe Dalvik Cache, confirm yes.

Now to install the rom, proceed with the "install zip from sdcard." Then "choose zip from sdcard." Then navigate to where you put the rom file, select it, then confirm yes. Wait - it may take a while. Be patient here. Once done, it will say install from sd card complete, or something to that extent. Select first option, "reboot system now." Be patient, first boot could take a loooooong time. No battery pull, just wait for it.

View attachment 45029

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Going to unlock/root and install CWM in dads Gnex tomorrow. Is there something different I need to do to get cdma to flash properly? I don't want to mess anything up (not sure why it works so well now?) 1. download from market 2. flash clockwork mod recovery 3. select cdma.
When I followed these steps in the past...CWM wasn't installed when I would attempt to go into recovery.

That didn't work because you left off the most critical step.

Follow this explicitly: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...kmod-recovery-cdma-edition-final-version.html

Pay special attention to the final step where you MUST rename the recovery-from-boot.p file. If you don't do this, you will not be able to boot into clockwork recovery.

otter34

Reaction score
I made a backup and verified it with Rom manager when the phone was working properly. However I can't find it in recovery.

No, I don't see that when I go to recovery. Android pops up w/ his stomach open and it says in big letters "Start" I can use the volume keys then to select "RECOVERY MODE" "POWER OFF" "START" RESTART BOOLOADER" I select recovery mode then I see the Android laying on his back w/ his stomach open and a red triangle there w/ an ! mark. I've pretty much seen this every time except for the one time I used ROM manager. When I used ROM manager to download the ROM is the one and only (and last) time I saw that screen. I tried restoring a backup there but wasn't able to.

Now when I see android w/ his stomach open I wait and wait but then it just reboots. The only thing that changes that is if I hold the power button and volume keys again. When I do that I have that the screen is purple and reads:

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight:
Power button to select.

reboot system now
apply update from /cache
wipe data/factory reset (I've wiped at least 4 times w/ no luck)
wipe cache partition

If I select option 2 it says choose a package to install:
../
lost+found/
recovery/

I select recovery then it says
../ If I select that (which is my only option) it takes me back a screen

I go back and select lost+found and it also only gives me the option ../
so both of them send me back to the last screen

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I made a backup and verified it with Rom manager when the phone was working properly. However I can't find it in recovery.

No, I don't see that when I go to recovery. Android pops up w/ his stomach open and it says in big letters "Start" I can use the volume keys then to select "RECOVERY MODE" "POWER OFF" "START" RESTART BOOLOADER" I select recovery mode then I see the Android laying on his back w/ his stomach open and a red triangle there w/ an ! mark. I've pretty much seen this every time except for the one time I used ROM manager. When I used ROM manager to download the ROM is the one and only (and last) time I saw that screen. I tried restoring a backup there but wasn't able to.

Now when I see android w/ his stomach open I wait and wait but then it just reboots. The only thing that changes that is if I hold the power button and volume keys again. When I do that I have that the screen is purple and reads:

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight:
Power button to select.

reboot system now
apply update from /cache
wipe data/factory reset (I've wiped at least 4 times w/ no luck)
wipe cache partition

If I select option 2 it says choose a package to install:
../
lost+found/
recovery/

I select recovery then it says
../ If I select that (which is my only option) it takes me back a screen

I go back and select lost+found and it also only gives me the option ../
so both of them send me back to the last screen

Okay. You didn't follow the directions. See my previous post above and follow that link. There's a reason you have to rename the file. Do that and you'll have clockwork recovery every time.