[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

6-Speed

Reaction score
Every time you flash a from on the nexus do you lose pictures music and various files, also what about your backups if you saved one through rom manager? I've only had phone a few days and I'm rooted just confused on this internal SD card

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The only way you would lose that info is if you did a factory reset. If you wipe data and cache in cwr, then you won't lose anything.

sent from my super awesome gummy'd nexus

Isak73

Reaction score
#1 hook 'em...now, the answer is no, you don't lose anything on the sdcard, so pics and music and stuff (rom manager backups) are all safe...

OK thanks and yes sir hook em!!! One more question then if that's the case why when you originally unlock and root why does it erase everything

Isak73

Reaction score
The only way you would lose that info is if you did a factory reset. If you wipe data and cache in cwr, then you won't lose anything.

sent from my super awesome gummy'd nexus

O OK gotcha I guess that just answered my question and when I first unlocked

Reaction score
Does it go back by itself when you reboot the phone? ..or just automatically by itself during normal everyday use? ..if it switches by itself during a reboot..then select the "start on boot" option..also what about superuser access..did you allow that?

Yeah it goes back to default setting which is ondemand about a few mins after I change it to interactive..even with set at boot..and Max CPU at 920...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it goes back to default setting which is ondemand about a few mins after I change it to interactive..even with set at boot..and Max CPU at 920...

You're going to have to wipe everything and flash again, something got seriously messed up.

Reaction score
yeah i figured thats what i have to do..so do i need to flash the ROM and the kernal that comes with it?..or should i flash the ROM and the lean kernal separately?...

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I am having the issue of my 3g bars / wifi bars not turning blue. I DO have a data connection, they just are stuck as being grey! Otherwise 0.7.0 seems great so far!

mdroid28

Reaction score
I am having the issue of my 3g bars / wifi bars not turning blue. I DO have a data connection, they just are stuck as being grey! Otherwise 0.7.0 seems great so far!

That's happened with every rom I've ever run, including stock ICS. I don't know why

bmkdroid

Reaction score
That's happened with every rom I've ever run, including stock ICS. I don't know why

It is the FIRST time I have seen the issue. Of course, I have seen the signal indicators gray before, but naturally when that happened I did not have a data connection. Either way it doesn't really bother me too much and I might try flashing a different radio tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ribbz22

Reaction score
It is the FIRST time I have seen the issue. Of course, I have seen the signal indicators gray before, but naturally when that happened I did not have a data connection. Either way it doesn't really bother me too much and I might try flashing a different radio tomorrow.

I think the bars turning blue have something to do with getting connected to the google servers. You are still getting signal when they are gray.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I think the bars turning blue have something to do with getting connected to the google servers. You are still getting signal when they are gray.

Any idea how I may fix this? I think you are right as I did not receive my Gmail until I hit refresh myself from in the app.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Any idea how I may fix this? I think you are right as I did not receive my Gmail until I hit refresh myself from in the app.

Have you tried toggling airplane mode or maybe rebooting?

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Have you tried toggling airplane mode or maybe rebooting?

Yes, I have tried airplane mode a few times unsuccessfuly. Also, have rebooted multiple times with no luck. I might just do a complete wipe and re-install again. I'm new to using titanium backup and restore so maybe I restored too much? Do you all normally ONLY backup and restore the user apps? Or do you also include system data?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried airplane mode a few times unsuccessfuly. Also, have rebooted multiple times with no luck. I might just do a complete wipe and re-install again. I'm new to using titanium backup and restore so maybe I restored too much? Do you all normally ONLY backup and restore the user apps? Or do you also include system data?

General rule of thumb, never EVER restore anything from the system. Only restore data and apps that you installed.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
General rule of thumb, never EVER restore anything from the system. Only restore data and apps that you installed.

Thank you! I wasn't really sure about this from scanning over the Titanium guide linked to from the app, and it worked fine for me going from Gummy 0.5.X to 0.6.X but now that I know, I'll have to avoid it from now on!

So, do you just do the "Backup all user apps" option and "Restore missing apps with data"?