[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

nateccnn

Reaction score
I'ma confused. The notes say that Market Auto Restore is not working but the changlog says Market Issues Fixed. Is Auto Restore now working? I put a lot of hours getting this thing the way I wanted it after installing the first version of the rom. I'm scarred to update it cuz it's working so good. LOL

Nate

mdroid28

Reaction score
Ok first, let me just say thank you to kejar for this ROM and to Iom for this incredible kernel. The ROM is butter smooth and fixed the battery drain from my phone never sleeping. I now can get 15+ hours on a charge (as long as I don't use this giant display too much). Another bug it's fixed is the slow transition between data modes on 4.0.2.

I jumped on the wagon at 0.2.9 and loved it. I don't see too much different at 0.3.0, but if I could offer one criticism, I really preferred the look of the battery icon in the status bar much better in 0.2.9. The new one with the battery percentage on the top always makes it look like the battery is half gone. Nitpicking, I know, but just my only comment at all on this ROM. I also think the screenshot option in the power off/reboot menu is a little redundant, but it doesn't hurt anything to be there.

In conclusion, somebody is going to have to do something pretty incredible to draw me away from GummyNex.

Edit: As my battery has charged down today, the battery icon is worse than I thought. It's actually squished underneath the number, not layered under the number as I first thought. Looks terrible. Again, minor nitpick, but it's still there.

View attachment 44956

Last edited:

hayjude99

Reaction score
Ok first, let me just say thank you to kejar for this ROM and to Iom for this incredible kernel. The ROM is butter smooth and fixed the battery drain from my phone never sleeping. I now can get 15+ hours on a charge (as long as I don't use this giant display too much). Another bug it's fixed is the slow transition between data modes on 4.0.2.

I jumped on the wagon at 0.2.9 and loved it. I don't see too much different at 0.3.0, but if I could offer one criticism, I really preferred the look of the battery icon in the status bar much better in 0.2.9. The new one with the battery percentage on the top always makes it look like the battery is half gone. Nitpicking, I know, but just my only comment at all on this ROM. I also think the screenshot option in the power off/reboot menu is a little redundant, but it doesn't hurt anything to be there.

In conclusion, somebody is going to have to do something pretty incredible to draw me away from GummyNex.

I agree with everything said here.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Edit: As my battery has charged down today, the battery icon is worse than I thought. It's actually squished underneath the number, not layered under the number as I first thought. Looks terrible. Again, minor nitpick, but it's still there.

View attachment 44956

if you want you can install the non batt stat in from the OP...

mdroid28

Reaction score
if you want you can install the non batt stat in from the OP...

I like having the stat I just was casting my opinion that it looked better before. And like I said, you did SN awesome job. If this is the biggest problem I can find, things are pretty great.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I like having the stat I just was casting my opinion that it looked better before. And like I said, you did SN awesome job. If this is the biggest problem I can find, things are pretty great.

lol ok... cause I got a lot of requests to remove the icon %'s with the lockscreen always showing battery % new :p

rob6842

Reaction score
kejar31

i keep getting an error when i try to install the zip in CWR. and it aborts. what am i doing wrong. do i have to install as an update zip or can i have it in my download folder and install from there. also i am downloading from my computer and then transferring maybe this is the issue.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
kejar31

i keep getting an error when i try to install the zip in CWR. and it aborts. what am i doing wrong. do i have to install as an update zip or can i have it in my download folder and install from there. also i am downloading from my computer and then transferring maybe this is the issue.

do you by any chanc have P3droids recovery installed?

rob6842

Reaction score
you know what i think i do that is the one with the bigger font correct?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you know what i think i do that is the one with the bigger font correct?

yep thats the issue... Install the official one from Rom Manager and it will work after that

666ogre666

Reaction score
Running 0.3.1 with a full wipe and fresh reinstall of all my apps. Hopefully that problem doesnt come back but so far its running great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems to be running great so far. What kind of battery life are people getting?

The updated build and kernel are boss. I left mine off the charger last night well I slept (8 hours). I lost two percent in idle. From my limited time actually using it, I'd say I can safely expect 15 hours from moderate usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk