[ROM] [ROM] Android Revolution HD (LTE)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
DAMMIT BLAZED!

I told myself I was going to rock the stock rooted rom for a while and here I am now, seriously contemplating flashing this bad boy. Damn this is tempting....Dammit!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok flashing this.

Phone will be no good if it's dead halfway through my roadtrip. Yes there are car chargers but there will also be 3 other smartphones:D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
DAMMIT BLAZED!

I told myself I was going to rock the stock rooted rom for a while and here I am now, seriously contemplating flashing this bad boy. Damn this is tempting....Dammit!
do it benson! you already provided root for us, now you gotta take the next step:D

About to start the process myself

haproot

Reaction score
Sweet Rom I'm loving it so far. I'm curious though, is anybody else having issues with the droid life app crashing randomly? I am running nova launcher as well, installed from CWM.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Having a little trouble...can't get CWM working...I rooted with sbenson's method before and ended up flashing CWM with ROM manager before I found this, I don't get CWM menu though when I go to recovery mode. Just the Android with a red triangle

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
DAMMIT BLAZED!

:rofl3:

Sorry! It's a great ROM though. It's still stock just optimized so you'll still think you haven't flashed a ROM.

P.S. - I like your wand! :D

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Having a little trouble...can't get CWM working...I rooted with sbenson's method before and ended up flashing CWM with ROM manager before I found this, I don't get CWM menu though when I go to recovery mode. Just the Android with a red triangle

Go into Root Explorer, go to System , click the R/W button over on the top right and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" to 1recovery-from-boot.p and flash CWM again and it should stick.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

When you flashed CWM did you edit the file name? That has to be done, otherwise when you boot into recovery, it will boot into the stock bootloader instead of clockwork recovery.

Go back into Rom Manager and reflash clockwork. Then use some sort of root file explorer and edit the following: System > recovery-from-boot.p

Change it to: 1recovery-from-boot.p

Now boot into recovery and you should be good to go.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Go into Root Explorer, go to System , click the R/W button over on the top right and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" to 1recovery-from-boot.p and flash CWM again and it should stick.

When you flashed CWM did you edit the file name? That has to be done, otherwise when you boot into recovery, it will boot into the stock bootloader instead of clockwork recovery.

Go back into Rom Manager and reflash clockwork. Then use some sort of root file explorer and edit the following: System > recovery-from-boot.p

Change it to: 1recovery-from-boot.p

Now boot into recovery and you should be good to go.
I actually deleted that as per the directions on XDA. Maybe I'll reflash it and then see if it works. I'm still getting that screen where it says OEM Unlocked and then when I go to recovery mode it's just that Android with the red triangle.

I also did the renaming before I deleted it. Now I kinda regret deleting it lol...

edit: Guess reflashing CWM did the trick. Thanks guys!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have the file saved to my internal "sd storage" so i can accept/install the 4.0.3 OTA by putting the file back in /system. I love this feature :biggrin:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually deleted that as per the directions on XDA. Maybe I'll reflash it and then see if it works. I'm still getting that screen where it says OEM Unlocked and then when I go to recovery mode it's just that Android with the red triangle.

I also did the renaming before I deleted it. Now I kinda regret deleting it lol...

edit: Guess reflashing CWM did the trick. Thanks guys!

Now that you reflashed it, just rename it - not delete it.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have the file saved to my internal "sd storage" so i can accept/install the 4.0.3 OTA by putting the file back in /system. I love this feature :biggrin:

That's why I renamed it rather than deleted it. In case it was needed for future events. :p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Now that you reflashed it, just rename it - not delete it.
Haha yeah, will do. Got desperate for a quick fix and made a mistake, next time I gotta be more patient til help arrives:D

Everything seems to be good, at the phone setup screen. Hopefully now I get better battery life, but the speed increase is indeed welcomed as well. Thanks guys!:hail:

haproot

Reaction score
Yeah mine was doing that even though that particular .p file was nowhere to be found. I flashed CWM once more and it seemed fine after that. Anybody use the droid-life app? It's crashing constantly on me.