[ROM] [8/24/11] - SSD2 0.2 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Dont beat yourself up d2d. Unfortunately not every ROM works as well for everyone. Thats just the nature of these things.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont beat yourself up d2d. Unfortunately not every ROM works as well for everyone. Thats just the nature of these things.

Thanks man...Yes indeed..every device is gonna differ..I really like this one though..but then when liquid came out, I like that one too! Guess I'm happy flashing any good rom and passing it on! Lol
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I know the risk I run flashing stuff. No worries drummer boy. I hope that my feedback will help improve the ROM. It's got great potential.

Htown315

Reaction score
I think Rom Manager may be screwing things up. I for one never use RM to flash do to problems I have had in the past. I have flashed every rom available for the D1 multiple times and quite a few on D2. Always Always flash from CWR. Rom Manager is an outstanding app but not for flashing Roms. I hope this helps.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know the risk I run flashing stuff. No worries drummer boy. I hope that my feedback will help improve the ROM. It's got great potential.

Um..lol wish I was still a boy! Seems I'm more of the fatherly age guy...And try to be friendly..:)
Yes I'm able for one so far to report no bugs from my device..but apparently there are..:) no worries... I am glad you like it too!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Rom Manager may be screwing things up. I for one never use RM to flash do to problems I have had in the past. I have flashed every rom available for the D1 multiple times and quite a few on D2. Always Always flash from CWR. Rom Manager is an outstanding app but not for flashing Roms. I hope this helps.

I agree ROM Manager is a great tool..many different features...I used to use it on liberty long ago and fission..But when the gingy leak came out,I had to use bootsrap and so I just started using the CWM recovery...I love it! Lol

Htown315

Reaction score
Right on. So for anyone having issues with this ROM only flash from clockwork recovery as stated in Chevy's other threads. Remember to wipe ;)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right on. So for anyone having issues with this ROM only flash from clockwork recovery as stated in Chevy's other threads. Remember to wipe ;)

Yes I agree..I usually wipe data when going into a fresh ROM ..only time I don't is usually a nightly here or there...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am the same way. I used ROM Manager for a little while to install stuff right after I rooted. But once CWR got replaced by RZRecovery on the D1 I got used to just booting into recovery and installing stuff that way. Plus I like that I can format everything all in one session and do the install.

Its probably just in my head but I always feel I have better luck flashing stuff that way.

Htown315

Reaction score
Let me also add that this rom is very animated and my phone hates animation on all roms. Turning off animations makes the rom faster, smoother and more power efficient. I also turn off effects in my home(adw ex). This goes for all roms not just this one. Just my .02

@ JSM ..lol its not in your head bro and your not alone :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am the same way. I used ROM Manager for a little while to install stuff right after I rooted. But once CWR got replaced by RZRecovery on the D1 I got used to just booting into recovery and installing stuff that way. Plus I like that I can format everything all in one session and do the install.

Its probably just in my head but I always feel I have better luck flashing stuff that way.

Very true indeed..we can do so much more in recovery(cwm) and sometimes RM will not even work..but its still a great tool though..lol I think it should have a seperate cache wipe as well, but I think it does it automatically when you hit data wipe..I think it would have to..lol But for new Flashers this is awesome..I will always keep it on my tool screen...:) checking latest nightlies and backups are what I use it for now..:) and btw...I would like it if d2 had alternate recoveries too just to check out..like rz recovery..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Nice! Thanks for the reassurance. Now if I could only take care of all the other stuff in my head...

EDIT: d2d I just saw your comment on RZR. And I am going to do some research I know he was working on getting it on different devices but I dont know what ever came of it. There were 2 things I really miss about it. It was overclocked so it performed every function in way less then half the time. And the wipe all function made ROM flashing super easy.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the reassurance. Now if I could only take care of all the other stuff in my head...

EDIT: d2d I just saw your comment on RZR. And I am going to do some research I know he was working on getting it on different devices but I dont know what ever came of it. There were 2 things I really miss about it. It was overclocked so it performed every function in way less then half the time. And the wipe all function made ROM flashing super easy.

Wow! Your quite awesome! Thanks!! I would love to have it! I can be a tester too if he needs one...I keep my lappy near at all times..even at work..lol (well almost all times) lol

louy99

Reaction score
Wow, I guess his favorite color os blue?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums