[ROM] [8/24/11] - SSD2 0.2 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
im right behind you as soon as they fix the gps

I tried it out the day it landed and loved the battery life...but had too many fixes to iron out..well I take that back..really gps and vids..any kind of vids or image capture...but that's all fixed, and then only waiting for gps...cool bro..yeah I am excited about all the roms were getting and update around the corner should benefit the devs further..woot woot..lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Htown315

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any difference in battery life compared to froyoCM. As for the color changer its not in the D2 version unless I missed it somewhere. I am hoping Chevy updates to GB once CM is ironed out. Anyways its day 2 and Im all good except for the downloads app not working.

topgungoose

Reaction score
I downloaded the ROM on my PC then moved it to my sd. I was running MIUI before flashing this ROM. I did data, cache, and dalvik wipe. ROM worked good and fast. I restored all my apps using mybackup and all went well. This morning however, while trying to update some of my apps, the phone rebooted. Didn't turn off though. What happened was that it froze for a second or two and the next that appears is the SS load up screen. After that, everytime I tried to install any app at all, that happened. So flashed MIUI again. Awesome ROM though from what I got to play with.

DROID 2 was here

topgungoose

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing, my battery percentage stopped at 95%. It said it was fully charged.

DROID 2 was here

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
turning background data on and off is giving me issues.. anyone else?

Not me...but I dl the thened version..seems that the unthemed is having a couple minor issues?? Idk..its all good here on themed..
Themed that is..lol

topgungoose

Reaction score
I downloaded the themed version and trying to download any app from the market rebooted my phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the themed version and trying to download any app from the market rebooted my phone.

Wow idk why your having that issue? I'm having no problems whatsoever..all I did was
From cm7
Wipe data
Wiped cache
Wiped dalvick cache
Mount system
Choose zip from sd
Rebboted
SMOOTH FAST AND NO PROBLEMS..
Not all will be perfect I guess, but maybe I was just lucky? Lol but I rarely have any issues when I flash unless they are bugs that everyone has that can't be fixed without updates...
Good luck to anyone else whom would like to try this rom...
I am def making a backup..I'm pleased with it minus battery (but that's just cm7 goodness..lol)

Next stop..GBCm7..thanks devs!!

Htown315

Reaction score
Try turning off animations and haptic, SS is heavily animated. I'm literally the same battery wise as froyo cm. Gb CM is a different story tho :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try turning off animations and haptic, SS is heavily animated. I'm literally the same battery wise as froyo cm. Gb CM is a different story tho :)

Yeah I'm loving the animations! I turned them off..lol for battery sake..I'm getting ready for the charging of the battery and as I have said three times today..lol...preparing for the sbf for my reunion with gbcm7...

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I went ahead and tried again with the themed version. Still having problems. This ROM does not like ROM Manager! Gmail issue is easily solved by clearing the app data.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and tried again with the themed version. Still having problems. This ROM does not like ROM Manager! Gmail issue is easily solved by clearing the app data.

Well...K.C....I gotta say..I feel bad because I ran over advertising what a great ROM and seems everyone else is having issues...I hope I didn't push anyone into any bad ways..But when I flashed it, it was fast smooth and themed just right, and when I couldn't find anything wrong, I spread the word to my fellow members..but, honestly I haven't seen one other person have a flash go over without a problem regardless of how minor..so I must have been lucky .lol It is however in Alpha so I know bugs are abound! Lol
I just personally haven't had one....
Ooops..at least I think its in alpha..I thought I saw it was?lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw..I am running without scripts or anything but my apps and themes on this ROM test...s