[ROM] [8/24/11] - SSD2 0.2 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
now gmail is fine, but I'm having issues reinstalling apps from the market. After i touch the install button, it just spins.

++++

Reboot resolved issue.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I did a test run last night and this morning. I had a few buggy sorts of things. I DLd the unthemed, flash and everything went fine. I only wiped Dalvik and cache (not sure I want to factory for a test drive). Boot ani is pretty slick, love the chevy toolbox, it's a nice addition to the others I use (ROM Toolbox is still one of my faves).

So a couple of issues I ran into:
1- ROM Manager dissappeared. It was still installed but the icons were "android" and it kep[t FC'ing. I un/reinstalled from market and it continued to FC.
2- Gmail FC'd several times. I reflashed gapps, but that did not resolve the issue. there were a few few random android processes that kept fc'ing (sorry i didn't make note of them, it was late).
3- Using CM settings I could not get the clock to not be shown, and I couldn't get the battery percentage setting to turn off. (resulting in having a clock, a battery icon and a battery percentage all in the notification area; very crowded).
4- I reflashed the ROM this morning and the same issues were creeping up.

I am going to DL a clean copy to my PC and put it on the card and reflash today. If those issues are persistent I may wait to try an update. I like the ROM. It's fast, and it has my favorite settings from CM7 and some great tweaks and tools. This one could be a great substitute for stock CM7, especially once the GB kernel things gets further development.

I'm on the themed version and haven't had any of the issues your having..maybe its the wiping? Thanks for the input KC!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way...I wiped everything and yes just like fresh as could be on the install..I also made a backup before flashing..not one issue yet..sounds like you got it worked out now?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
By the way...I wiped everything and yes just like fresh as could be on the install..I also made a backup before flashing..not one issue yet..sounds like you got it worked out now?

Mostly.... Having issues restoring apps with ROM Toolbox (i think it's an app issue there). Trying to get the hide clock to work. It will disappear for 30 seconds, but then it reappears (may be an issue with the Theme i am using as, it seemed to be fine with a stock theme). Having FCs with Bootanimation Utility, but I'm going to re-install that.

Testing a couple of other things now. I will update in a bit.

Really like having a hotboot option from power button!

ROM Manager is working fine now as well.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok...
I'm on themed remember...
Just wanted to add, if your going to flash, the only problem I have noticed on my device after a complete fresh install (wiped everything prior,even wiped my counters down..lol) and I can say its very nice..I haven't tried the unthemed...but I need to add, don't expect a better battery life..lol its a hog..lol but its smooth and definately a flash worth checking out! I have made a backup..so this is def one for me...the chevy tools are a nice addition to the 2.3.5..
If you like liquids rom...you'll love this one..

Also..I even have swype working as it mustve been intalled with the rom..I wasn't expecting that..I don't use it, but was nice to see for swype users..
I am preparing for the jump to gbCm7 as the fixes should be enough for me to keep as a daily driver...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
downloading as we speak! ive been really fond of miui so far so we will see

Are you checking out the themed version? I had zero probs..wipe data and dalvick and cache..you'll be pleased!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
i downloaded the unthemed version for now, i forgot that this is on the gb kernel so i have to hunt down the gb sbf

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw..Where is the status bar color changer? Or whatever..lol I thought someone stated earlier it had one?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
ahh well im on froyo and just tried to install but it failed... odd, im going to try to download again

I flashed right from cm7 build 54...no issues for me..but these things happen..should be ok next go round?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I tried to resolve my issues. Got most resolved, but others popped up. Restoring my CM7 back-up for now. I will try the next build though. I like the ROM.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know kc. You saved me the headache for now. I look forward to an updated version

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)